BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bryan, I think that's why people are questioning Cook.

Whilst there has been some comment (on tv mainly) about him from the Aussie commentators, one or two of the English guest commentators have been making comments about it too.

No one has come out and actually said directly that he should be dropped, they just questioned his ability to lead. Generally they wanted him to be more agressive in the field.

An example of that was the other day, Cook was in his slip position whilst there were four others at the bowling end discussing what to do.

I don't expect Flower to be the coach after this tour.

Bryan, the last whatever pages in this thread.

We have been very ordinary for the last three years and have lost tests against NZ, got annihilated by India and lost back to back Ashes.

Questions are still there to be answered but they are getting better and we are still short two or three world quality players but prior to this series England were almost unbackable favourites to retain the ashes and even talk of 5-0 whitewash by Botham.

The reactions in this thread and in the media by England are crazy, Cook, Bell, KP, Anderson and Broad are World Class and would walk into this current Australian team.

They need support not some of the talk of wholesale changes

Neekoy,

Lehmann has engineered an ambush of England.

He knew the 3-0 loss in England was a lot closer than the result suggests. Lehmann has put belief in the Aussie squad, he's got them back to basics (although there are a few problems to resolve). He's got Clarke, imho, to be more tactically astute, and to hang in there with his decisions.

Contrast that with Flower and Cook. Cook looks shell shocked. He doesn't appear to have much support in the team.

There didn't appear to be a plan, let alone any backup contingency. Some of the fields he set today were plain daft. Adding to that, after the 'Gabba test, England seemed to be a fractured party, and never got back the unity.

The general feeling amongst my cricketing mates was that England would win the series fairly easily. I must admit that I agreed with them, it seemed a series to soon for Australia.

Without Swann in Sydney, I can see a 5-0, unless some of the England players start playing for the team and not themselves.

Putting people on the boundary when you need to take 8 wickets with 30 runs to get is not smart captaincy I agree but before this series he had lost only a single test as Captain and it was always going to be hard following Strauss, maybe Bell after this series?

I think previous series wins have masked some serious problems with the side which Australia are now mercilessly exposing.

cook's inability to captain properly is now there for all to see. it's a mass slaughter now and entirely reasonable for England fans to want to see changes. that doesn't mean throwing the baby out with the bath water but the selectors would be fools to not mske changes.

something has gone badly awry in that dressing room.

broad as captain has my backing . or prior if he can get his form back

Bryan, for me, your third para says it all.

Something has happened. You don't fall apart like that without a reason. Trott leaving, that on it's own could be understandable, but when Swann gives it away?

The disappointing thing about this tour is being handed a thrashing at the hands of a (previously) inept Australian side. The only difference is Lehmann.

Bryan, for me, your third para says it all.

Something has happened. You don't fall apart like that without a reason. Trott leaving, that on it's own could be understandable, but when Swann gives it away?

The disappointing thing about this tour is being handed a thrashing at the hands of a (previously) inept Australian side. The only difference is Lehmann.

The change in Johnson is not down to Lehmann...McDermott and Lillee are responsible for that.

The South Africa series will be a test of how much Australia have progressed. I'd say not as much as the current scoreline suggests.

Don, Johnson wouldn't have played if Starc and anyone of three others had been fit.

Johnson got stuffed after the SA tour when it was deemed that he had to change his style to adapt more to swinging the ball. He has just come good, back to a more upright delivery. No doubt McDermott and Lillee have aided the redemption.

However, the Aussie team is more than Johnson, the bowlers have hunted as a pack, and that is down to Lehmann.

South Africa are the pinnacle at the moment, we'll see what happens there.

I'd suggest you read "Aggers" article on the Beeb website. He is not mincing words.

I think you are getting carried away with Lehmanns influence.

Yes he's abandoned the rotation policy which has been a wise move.

Johnson has been in the right place at the right time.The bowlers have felt settled but he hasnt turned them into a hunting pack.The kookaburra always favours Australian bowlers too just as the Duke does for the English.

England have made Australia look good..Lehmann is a good coach but hes not the be all and end all. Id put that last bit in bold if I knew how to!

Edited by SouthAussieRover

just noticed our edit.

The ball, kooka or Duke does favour the "home" side, for a few overs. If they can't adapt, then they have problems. It didn't seem to affect other sides that have won away from home.

The Australian attack hasn't hunted as this for a few years. Lehmann has changed the attitude of this team, no doubt.

An underperforming England team..one that hadnt lost in 13 Tests prior to this series.

Now DaVe,perhaps you can provide me with a link to Aggers article?
Btw Australia are carrying at least 2 players.

At least three Don.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/correspondents/jonathanagnew?cps

Please Don, don't be so demeaning.

Over the years both side have given it large to each other. Without a doubt.

Please don't use that as an excuse.

Clarke told Johnson to "break" Jimmy's arm, after Jimmy had said he would "smash" Bailey in the face (or something similar).

It is not one sided

Yes hes changed the attitude..the team behaviour reflects his ugly comments in England re Broad.

Those articles back up what im saying..England have underperformed.

Thats not down to Lehmann either.

Of course they have underperformed, more to the point, they've played badly, been captained badly, and it seems they've been unable to see where they have been doing things that don't change the outcome. Lehmann took advantage of that. In my book, that makes him pretty astute.

Finally Don, as I mentioned earlier, Lehmann ambushed the England team. He learned from the earlier Ashes series, where, obviuosly, the England hierarchy didn't.

Sorry Dave but im not being demeaning.

Btw im still waiting for channel 9 to leak the mic recordings.

This Australian team is very abusive in their sledging and I wont change my mind about that.

Are you going to the SCG this week?

No probs Don, I realise that, it's a debate about the current state of both England and Australia.

Unfortunately, I can't make it. (Daughter is over from North America and has just given birth to our first grandchild, so SWMBO says no go)