BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

I'd tend to agree with you TS, but I'm half tempted after the comments of mid 2013 from the northern hemisphere.

Seriously, test cricket is the be all and end all for me. Some of the best games have ended in draws.

I wouldn't know..... I'm always asleep by then.

Limited overs cricket is like 4 or 5 a side football, interesting, exciting at times but essentially a watered down version of the real thing. Test Match cricket can be the most enthralling sport to watch. Who can forgot the drama of the 2005 Ashes series. Amazing nail biting stuff, games that see-sawed one way and then another. Just brilliant.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Limited overs cricket is like 4 or 5 a side football, interesting, exciting at times but essentially a watered down version of the real thing. Test Match cricket can be the most enthralling sport to watch. Who can forgot the drama of the 2005 Ashes series. Amazing nail biting stuff, games that see-sawed one way and then another. Just brilliant.

I think I probably managed it Tyrone, just remind me again ...who was playing?

you either love or hate cricket.

you can hate it, but come to love it.

but once you love it, that's it, it's with you for life. it's a great game, in all its formats. there's nothing quite like it

10cc had it right. even this tour hasn't changed the way I feel about the game

Edited by Bryan

Loved playing it but I'm not a great watcher because the basic errors of many players annoys me. England have been a case in point this winter - some of the bits I've seen wouldn't be tolerated in club cricket. Cricket's also a bit like golf - a wonderful game when you're playing well and in form but frustrating and deeply depressing when you cannot do a thing right. Cook probably feels like that at the moment.

I walked out of the Gabba after Johnson got out, it was only on the bus trip home whilst watching the cricket app that I realised my mistake.....

Great series win by Australia, really have the mental edge over England at the moment, Cook must be on suicide watch.

Now now Jim. You did set yourself up didn't you. I guess this is payback time. Take your punishment.

As for Dave I guess it's either a case of 'home is where the heart is' or just another attempt to ingratiate himself with the locals. Note at this point that Britons are not alone in being held in contempt by the Australian immigrants cos they've never showed much concern for the proper Australians either.

btw My old Dad always held little respect for emigrants cos he reckoned anyone who emigrated only did so because they couldn't cut it in their homeland.

Edited by thenodrog

Would agree with that. Would also explain their chip on the shoulder. This is a wonderful country and if you open your eyes and look at the opportunities on offer. .

Punishment for me has been England's performances which I've acknowledged have been pathetic. I still cannot understand why the ECB is apparently going to stick with Flower. Something is seriously amiss in the dressing room (and has been for some time) and these problems usually stem from the top.

Edited by jim mk2

Dear Lord H-H,

As an Englishman why would you be celebrating this ? Also look at your pathetic signature.

You're like a Rover supporter who switches sides to Burnley and then comes on here to crow about it.

Contemptible.

I'm an Australian Citizen, John.

My pathetic signature highlights previous comments made by yourself, John.

BTW John, I'd never support Burnley, despite my late F-I-Law being a Claret.

But then, I've never compromised myself by working for someone whose politics has been the opposite to mine. Still taking Rupert's 30 pieces of silver, John?

Remember Rupert, John, he was Australian, sold his heritage for the Fox Network, didn't he John?

You're English. Loyalty and you are distant cousins. There's nothing worse in my book. Support Australia at anything you want but never against England. As I say, contemptible.

Oh and FYI Murdoch was a great supporter of Tony Blair. He bends with the national political wind and switches his politics for commercial expediency. No doubt he'll be backing Ukip at the next election.

Dear Lord H-H,

As an Englishman why would you be celebrating this ? Also look at your pathetic signature.

You're like a Rover supporter who switches sides to Burnley and then comes on here to crow about it.

Contemptible.

I'm an Australian Citizen, John.

My pathetic signature highlights previous comments made by yourself, John.

BTW John, I'd never support Burnley, despite my late F-I-Law being a Claret.

But then, I've never compromised myself by working for someone whose politics has been the opposite to mine. Still taking Rupert's 30 pieces of silver, John?

Remember Rupert, John, he was Australian, sold his heritage for the Fox Network, didn't he John?

John? Whose John?

:rolleyes: