BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BTW in another example of how ridiculously small a world it is, an old girl friend of mine is now partners with Paul Winslow

When I discovered that he was man behind the magnificent song 'Don't look back to Langer' I turned to my old friend and said 'we are in the presence of Royalty here!'

• 3 weeks later...

We'll get stuffed anyway without Peiterson. I would have picked him first and then told anybody with any objections to shut up or be dropped themselves. He's the only World class player qualified to play for England.

• Like 2

We'll get stuffed anyway without Peiterson. I would have picked him first and then told anybody with any objections to shut up or be dropped themselves. He's the only World class player qualified to play for England.

We got stuffed with him remember.

It's a shame that the Riverside does not have a test as it is a nice ground, but Old Trafford and Headingly are both dumps since they have been re-developed. The five grounds that have been picked are the best 5 test match grounds in the country, with Durham probably 6th. Also The Riverside and Old Trafford both had Ashes test last time, whereas the SWALEC and Edgbaston did not and Yorkshire cannot afford to bid for an Ashes test.

Edited by somersetrover

It's a shame that the Riverside does not have a test as it is a nice ground, but Old Trafford and Headingly are both dumps since they have been re-developed. The five grounds that have been picked are the best 5 test match grounds in the country, with Durham probably 6th. Also The Riverside and Old Trafford both had Ashes test last time, whereas the SWALEC and Edgbaston did not and Yorkshire cannot afford to bid for an Ashes test.

That's crap. Old Trafford is a beautiful ground. You are exhibiting the typical southern attitude. The South should have everything and the northerners are a bunch of undeserving peasants. Don't come on here with your southern bias. It is not welcome.

That's crap. Old Trafford is a beautiful ground. You are exhibiting the typical southern attitude. The South should have everything and the northerners are a bunch of undeserving peasants. Don't come on here with your southern bias. It is not welcome.

Old Trafford was a nice ground, which Lords and The Oval aside had the nicest pavilion in the country. However they have ruined a beautiful pavilion with the work that they did on it and the ground as a whole now is an eyesore after they put up not one but two of those Point buildings. Old Trafford and Headingly are two examples of how not to refurbish a ground a ground whereas the SWALEC and Edgbaston are examples of how to refurbish a ground. It's irrelevant where the ground's are situated the best 5 grounds in the country should host an Ashes series and that will be the case next year.

Edited by somersetrover

• 10 months later...

I don't rem him as a player but he was my favourite in being the best, most informed and shrewdest commentator. A pleasure to listen to. He was to test cricket what Peter Allis is to golf majors. All the same 84 is a pretty good innings but it does highlight the dangers of too much sun.

I guess that leaves Sir Geoffrey as the best source of incisive and informed opinion.

Edited by thenodrog

Sir Geoffrey chickened out when the Australian quickies were at their best and never gave us the explanation he promised when he retired. Loudmouthed cowardly Yorkie.

His test and county records speak for themselves Al.

So does his refusal to play against Lilley and Thomson. Chickened out when England needed him most. Load mouthed coward.

Professional yorkshireman Boycott is a lifelong Man United fan.

Anyhow, still saddens me re Ritchie, still havent heard a bad word about him.

Its not very often when you have someone who's voice defines the sport across the world.

who do people think will become the new director of England cricket team?

supposedly 3 names in the frame. names are Alec Stewart, Andrew Strauss and Michael Vaughan.

I would imagine Strauss, but thats not condusive to getting KP back in the team!

As for Richie Benaud, great man, grew up listening to his commentry, he'll be sadly missed.

As for Boycott, love the guy, great batsmen, his commentry on TMS is brilliant, the Brian Clough of cricket.