BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

You are fully behind the team so must be happy at what's happening

I will always be behind he team whoever is playing for the team.

when Did I ever said I happy with what is happening?

Yet again STOP making claims Abbey that I have NEVER SAID! but yet again that is all you do Abbey.

Anyway I wont be replying to any more of your posts/questions Abbey cos you just make Rubbish up to suit your views!

I think Lyth, Balance and Bell should all be feeling vulnerable for the next test. Balance looks petrified, Bell looks past it and Lyth will come again I'm sure.

But with KP never getting in the side I'm not sure we can replace any them to be honest.

You are correct. a lack of first class cricket being played during the Ashes series.

on who to bring in?

Hales to open with Cook, Bairstow or James Taylor in for Ballance

Well this is a disgraceful showing. I'm tempted to say get rid of the top order particularly lyth, ballance and bell. But I don't know who's around to come in that's any good.

Cook isn't the man he was in spite of being better recently. Lyth so far doesn't look good enough for the step up to test quality, robson wasn't good enough, Compton wasn't good enough, carberry wasn't good enough, lees is a poor man's lyth, hales is more of a one day man. As for nos 3-4 ballance and bell looking gash but the door firmly shut on kp, Bairstow struggled with the step up, Taylor from notts, Morgan, vince from hants.

Any changes are risks at this stage so prob have to stick with what we've got. Could be a long old summer.

I will always be behind he team whoever is playing for the team.

when Did I ever said I happy with what is happening?

Yet again STOP making claims Abbey that I have NEVER SAID! but yet again that is all you do Abbey.

Anyway I wont be replying to any more of your posts/questions Abbey cos you just make Rubbish up to suit your views!

It's not what you have said Chaddy. It's what you DO. You have a track record of always siding with the establishment in any sport. Even you must find it hard to deny that.

Al, My opinion is very different to yours on certain subjects.

Its not my fault you cant accept different opinions.

On today's Display, pathetic and shambles.

Hope Cook rips them apart in the dressing room after the game. Far too many under performed in this test match who played very well in the first test.

Bayliss's comment before this game were spot on about Aussies coming back even stronger

A slight thing to raise my cricketing spirits is lancs are dominating in the 1st vs 3rd clash. In fact at stumps the partnership between prince and petersen stands at 321 not out. 364 is the county record 3rd wicket partnership held by athers and fairbrother vs Surrey at the oval in 1990. So 43 behind that or 50 behind the best ever partnership of 371 held since 1928.

Botham, Warne, Ponting, Hussain, Atherton all saying that Root should bat at 3 in the test.

I see James Taylor and Bairstow both scored centuries today for their counties. Maybe bring one of those in at number 5.

Edited by chaddyrovers

To be honest I thought we'd lose every game in this series so winning 1 was a bonus.

Stating the obvious but our top order needs to find some form, how many times in the past 2yrs have be been 50-3, then Root saves us?

Not good enough.

Edited by GAV

Usual one eyed view. Someone should tell him England have won the last 3 Ashes series at home. Not quite so "pathetic".

Edited: I've looked at some of his other stuff. It's all puerile, schoolboy rubbish.

Does that count for serious comment down there ?

We don't need him apparently.

The England I'm going to watch at edgebaston would definitely be stronger with him in the side, that's for sure. A life time ban for something that boils down to personalities and a lack of respect on Pietersens behalf, is ridiculous. Whatever went on was something that could and should have been sorted. It still could be if it weren't for a stupid decision made by the ECB.

Edited by den
  • Like 1

We don't need him apparently.

The England I'm going to watch at edgebaston would definitely be stronger with him in the side, that's for sure. A life time ban for something that boils down to personalities and a lack of respect on Pietersens behalf, is ridiculous. Whatever went on was something that could and should have been sorted. It still could be if it weren't for a stupid decision made by the ECB.

Is it the ECB or is it just Strauss and Cook with a personal chip on their joint shoulder?

Is it the ECB or is it just Strauss and Cook with a personal chip on their joint shoulder?

Looks like the ECB backing cook and Strauss. Either way, it does no one any good. It's a stance that affects the results of the England team and deprives the fans - who pay a fortune - of watching the best players. No one wins with the current situation.

Managers have to take difficult decisions with maverick big name footballers too - and the ones who cause problems in the dressing room or whose egos and the circus surrounding them gets so big they think they are bigger than the team itself (eg Beckham at ManU) don't usually last long.

Pietersen has only himself to blame.