BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

With my Lancashire hat on I'm more than happy to see Jennings open and hameed back at Lancs with the threadbare squad.

Jennings' record in the county championship last season was tremendous and on the back of that I'm surprised he wasn't given a go before hameed and duckett in the first place. But he is another in the long line of plastic Englishmen to play for England. I forget who but someone on here gets upset with me when I say foreigners are playing for England. So will no doubt hear chapter and verse about an obscure English uncle of Jennings.

Matt83, Jennings's mum is English and from Sunderland.

So IMO, He is half English so really dont see what the problem. He is playing for England

ha thought you ignored my posts? seeing as noonea as quoted it I beg to differ ha

the problem is he played for south Africa before .**nice edit ha only person mentioning a problem was me

Edited by ABBEY

Fair enough better than some we've had. I knew there was a genealogy expert on here somewhere . But still born aboard and represented another country so for me at least he should stick to his original choice.

I can see the point of represented another country but he has come over 1st to play county cricket. See both sides of it tbf

I think ICC should look at this situation and come up with a proper ruling for this.

Matt83, Jennings's mum is English and from Sunderland.

So IMO, He is half English so really dont see what the problem. He is playing for England

Thats the strangest mackem accent I've ever heard, must be the same part as Pieterson. At a guess it must be the bit bordering Durham.

I don't understand how you can play u19 for SA and then decide your English. Most sports wouldn't allow that.

Good luck to the lad though.

Thats the strangest mackem accent I've ever heard, must be the same part as Pieterson. At a guess it must be the bit bordering Durham.

I don't understand how you can play u19 for SA and then decide your English. Most sports wouldn't allow that.

Good luck to the lad though.

Thing is I never said Jennings accent was mackem but his mum is from there.

Well He is English now tho.

But we must find a negative angle on any positive whether Rovers or non Rovers related instead of praising the player and encouraging him. At times I really give up with it

Thing is I never said Jennings accent was mackem but his mum is from there.

Well He is English now tho.

But we must find a negative angle on any positive whether Rovers or non Rovers related instead of praising the player and encouraging him. At times I really give up with it

Are you this much fun in real life too?

• Like 2

With my Lancashire hat on I'm more than happy to see Jennings open and hameed back at Lancs with the threadbare squad.

Jennings' record in the county championship last season was tremendous and on the back of that I'm surprised he wasn't given a go before hameed and duckett in the first place. But he is another in the long line of plastic Englishmen to play for England. I forget who but someone on here gets upset with me when I say foreigners are playing for England. So will no doubt hear chapter and verse about an obscure English uncle of Jennings.

Word on the strip is that in the future Jennings would bat at 3 with Cook and Hameed opening and Root 'freed-up' at 4.

Terrible morning. It's right to say it's almost irrelevant what the batsmen do when the bowlers just can't take wickets.

This'll go against the popular opinion of the pundits but I really don't think our spinners Ali, Deirdre are good enough. In this match they took 6 wickets between then but for nearly 400 runs on a pitch which should be perfect for them.

As for seam department what to do when jimmy and broad retire. Likes of Finn/Jordan are probably highest in pecking order but not ones for the future. So not many about. Jake ball is playing and mid 20s. Mark wood 20s. Mills from Sussex who played t20 vs Sri Lanka is supposed to be rapid but his county figures aren't great. Jamie Overton early 20s.

Jennings' record in the county championship last season was tremendous and on the back of that I'm surprised he wasn't given a go before hameed and duckett in the first place. But he is another in the long line of plastic Englishmen to play for England. I

Jennings holds British citizenship through his mother, who was born in Sunderland.

How that's for "plastic" ?

Sorry but international sport is a farce.

It should be if you're born in England you are eligible to play for England end of.

Rubbish

In that case Ted Dexter would have played for Italy and Colin Cowdrey for India.

Jennings holds British citizenship through his mother, who was born in Sunderland.

How that's for "plastic" ?

Rubbish

In that case Ted Dexter would have played for Italy and Colin Cowdrey for India.

Yeah his mother was born in Sunderland. Fine qualifies him to play.

But at the end of the day his dad is South African, he was born in South Africa, appears to have been brought up in South Africa and had played for South Africa u19s. So in my opinion (obviously not yours and others) that makes him more South African than English. Hence another plastic Brit.

Yeah his mother was born in Sunderland. Fine qualifies him to play.

But at the end of the day his dad is South African, he was born in South Africa, appears to have been brought up in South Africa and had played for South Africa u19s. So in my opinion (obviously not yours and others) that makes him more South African than English. Hence another plastic Brit.

Nonsense. There are lots of players with dual nationalities through their parents - Stokes, Strauss, Pietersen among many others. And why should the dad's nationality be more important than the mother's ? It's a global marketplace - people move around and settle in other countries. Your stance is straight from the myopic UKip England for the English policy manual.

No real issue with Saffers playing for England if they have family ties.

Cricket is nowhere near as bad as Rugby Union with its 3 year residency rule- lads ususally from Fiji/Samoa/Tonga with zero connection to England/NZ/Aus pitch up for the dosh, decimating their countries game whilst at it.