BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Lancs vs Worcestershire at New Road tonight. 

We've all taken the day off work, a 4 and a half hour train journey costing an arm and a leg, hotel, for what looks like pretty much watching a rope being dragged round the outfield.

God bless the British weather in July B)

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Lancs vs Worcestershire at New Road tonight. 

We've all taken the day off work, a 4 and a half hour train journey costing an arm and a leg, hotel, for what looks like pretty much watching a rope being dragged round the outfield.

I've got tickets also, looks like a washout sadly, although its not raining at the moment.

Plenty of pubs between Foregate street and the ground though, fill yer boots :tu:

3 hours ago, Gav said:

I've got tickets also, looks like a washout sadly, although its not raining at the moment.

Plenty of pubs between Foregate street and the ground though, fill yer boots :tu:

Yeah there's a few pubs few mins walk from the station. Slug and lettuce, crown, aptly cricketers, horn and trumpet. They'll do for now. 

The last time I was in Worcester the old man brought me to watch Lancs around the time rovers won the prem and Lancs were wining trophies left right and centre. Must have been a semi in the b&h or Natwest and Wasim hit about 70 off maybe 60 but in the days where if you dare go a run a ball you were a slogger.

Then it seemed as though most fans in the ground were Lancs fans. I wonder what happened to them (us) all.

No chance of play. 

Browns next to the river just across from the ground is a great place to judge the weather and get in quickly should things change.

We came last season, Butler took them a part but broke a thumb in the process.

Got fingers crossed the weather changes, be a pity to come all this way for nowt Matt.

On 23/07/2017 at 20:03, Tim Southampton Rover said:

Excellent result for England in the Women's World Cup Final. It could have gone either way with a dozen or so balls left to play but we came out on top in a great ending. Well done! :)

That was one hell of a 'comeback'!

I can't remember seeing a better cricket final . . . like ever!!!

On 21/07/2017 at 12:34, matt83 said:

The main reason I moved to sunnier climes - it's just abysmal in Britain. Still at least there's a 9 month winter to look forward to.

I see Birmingham had the decency to put on a band and ale festival during their Friday night washout.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Husky said:

The main reason I moved to sunnier climes - it's just abysmal in Britain. Still at least there's a 9 month winter to look forward to.

I see Birmingham had the decency to put on a band and ale festival during their Friday night washout.

This year I bought my dad a membership for his retirement so invested in a one day membership for myself.

I defo won't be bothering again next year with cancelled matches, last minute venue changes to host concerts, forcing you to reapply for roses ticket so they can resell it if don't want to go. Yesterday everyone who had a ticket gets a refund except the members who can look forward to the club "may reflect lost matches (think effectively 3 to date with notably the roses) in next years prices"

ps nice touch from bham. Lancs were due to have a mariachi band on 

Edited by matt83

Well a wonderful if totally unexpected and brief time at the Test match today.

I had a meeting in an office right next to the Oval which finished at 1. My mate and I went to the pub next door before he planned to go up and see how it would cost him to get in after lunch. He was telling the barmaid when she produced two comp tickets from behind the bar. i had another meeting which meant i would have to leave at 2.30 so I wasn't going to bother but when it was free it was a no brainer. So Moeen obliged with a hat trick finishing at 2.27 - perfect!

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Gav said:

England struggling her on 72-4 a lead of 208

The pitch is turning and bouncing for the spinners, we need to get another 100 at least.

We'll be fine, effectively 233 for 4. Pitch looks to be deteriorating and bringing the spinners into the game.

Tremendous that tonight despite the result, hats off to Bresnan for that last over even though the game was won, and what a catch as K-Hod mentions above, outstanding.

Day night test next week, first one in this country so looking forward to that.

Edited by Gav