BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

On 18/01/2018 at 16:37, chaddyrovers said:

We have to agree to disagree. Stokes stood up for 2 men being attacked. Im pleased he didnt just stand there and do nothing.

I think England were influence by us getting beat in Oz. Also Bayliss, Root and Strauss probably wanted him back him. 

Also Stokes might have took the ECB to court over a restriction of trade as he is innocent until found guilty. 

I will be surprise he is found guilty aswell. 

There's a difference between doing nothing, and pummelling the guy though Chaddy. I'm glad he didn't allow it to go unchallenged, but he took it far too far. I'd be amazed if he gets off, what kind of example would that set to other drunken brawlers?

There's a decent case for leniency, and that' why I think it will be a fine and community service - neither of which will bother Stokes. 

It will be interesting if the soldier considers a private prosecution for damages though.

Re Stokes. I can’t understand the ECB really they don’t let him play pending a criminal charge. Ok fine. But then once was actually charged with affray (very lucky not to be gbh considering he broke the guys eye socket) they then decide he can play.

Could be a mess this. It’ll start in the magistrates, where he will be able to enter a plea. If he doesn’t enter a plea or not guilty plea the magistrates will decide whether their sentencing powers are sufficient (maximum 6 months in jail). If they are satisfied this is sufficient it’s up to all the defendants to decide whether or not to go to the crown court before a judge and jury. Increased sentence vs increased opportunity to be found not guilty (he’s famous so same rules don’t apply). 

If enters an early guilty plea he will be entitled to 1/3 off whatever sentence. But most are arrogant sportsman and with a fancy QC I’m guessing he’ll enter no plea. Elect to go to the crown court where the codefendants will be lambasted and the jury will be swayed by a famous face. But that'll take another 9 months or so  

I’d be more impressed with him if he pleads guilty at the mags with no previous, convictions, credit for guilty plea, shows immediate contrition, he’s professionally been punished and probably end up with community service (he’s famous). Make no mistake if it was me or anyone on here I/we would more than likely already been charged get 4 months served 2 and be out already.

Edited by matt83

I remember watching the World Cup in 2015 thinking how lucky we were to have so many match winners with the bat and ball and how our selectors had managed to capture the spirit of the new style of ODI play, while laughing at England getting knocked out by Bangladesh.

A lot has happened in the three years since.

Having said that, I think the domestic BBL series is playing with the selectors heads (and I reckon Cricket Australia might have a say in which BBL players are 'released' for International duties). I'd hope that with a clean slate that put together a better squad.

At least you'd hope so. Some of Australia's selections for this ODI series are bizarre to say the least.

• 1 month later...
On 09/01/2018 at 21:58, chaddyrovers said:

So Stokes should have stood there and done nothing.whilst 2 men were attacked. Glad to you would have done nothing to stop it. Him being.a cricketer should have nowt to do with it, he did what was Moral correct. 

And he should have gone on the Ashes tour imo

How how did we lose that? I went to bed with England 200+ for 1 and loads of overs left. 

• 2 weeks later...

Booked our flights/hotels for Sri Lanka this November after the tour dates were eventually announced. Luckily both galle and Kandy are back to back tests so get to do them both. 

West Indies and Sri Lanka usually sandwich a shit venue in between the popular ones so was fully expecting Colombo to be the middle test (well I say shithole all things relative not exactly Burnley).  

Scotland have bowled West Indies out for 198 in the world cup qualifier. Let's see whether their batters have the bottle to back their bowlers up. Would be quite a scalp for the jocks (though WI could still qualify, depending on other results).

6 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Scotland have bowled West Indies out for 198 in the world cup qualifier. Let's see whether their batters have the bottle to back their bowlers up. Would be quite a scalp for the jocks (though WI could still qualify, depending on other results).

Lost on Duckworth Lewis by 5 runs after rain.

Tut tut tut. Convicts up to their old cheating ways.

Bancroft banged to rights on some outrageous ball tampering. Goes miles beyond athertons sand or the old suncream from the face to the ball. Only question is he acting alone or are Lehman, Steve smith, etc involved.

I’d finish his career over this. Not having that. Ban-Croft!!!!

The irony is Steve Smith went bananas last winter about Faf having a sweet in his mouth and the saliva to produce more shine. (Something they later admitted doing themselves) 

Will be an interesting press conference with the convicts and their double standards. 

Well smith and Bancroft admitted to ball tampering. Let’s start with a 5 year ban for those and work from there. 

They are so brazen. Can’t believe the statement they have made. “Actions were planned by the payers during the lunch break” “we thought it would give us an advantage”. Yeah, cheating normally does lads.

I tell you what if this was Pakistan they’d be banned from test cricket. Such hypocrites. All that business with Stuart broad not walking when Australian bill lawry started that trend in the 60s.

They and their media think it’s one rule for them and rules for everyone else. Hope the icc hit them hard (which they won’t). 

Nasser Hussain hits the nail on the head:

“The Australian camp has been lecturing people over the last few months on how the game should be played, and a line that shouldn't be crossed. Well, it looks like that Australian hierarchy are on the wrong side of the line here”

“Some of the stuff that has come out of the Australian camp, especially, has been laughable.”

"Warner has gone round the world sledging people. He then gets it back from De Kock, and he and the Australian camp suddenly decide that a line has been crossed. I don't know who the Australians are to tell you what that line is and who has crossed that line.

“It has bubbled up again in the last couple of days, because Warner got it badly, terribly from the South African crowd - I don't agree with any of this - and again Lehmann thinks another line has been crossed.

"You can't do that. Here is a coach that, in 2013, stated that every Australian fan should send Stuart Broad home crying and should sledge him. Now he is saying crowds shouldn't sledge. There seem to be double standards.”

• Like 1

Piggy smith was, is and always will be a tosser of the highest order. Just when didn’t think this series could have any more needle today happens. The nonsense piggy was coming out with after rabada’s ban was overturned was typical of the man. 

He tried to check whether he should refer an LBW with the dressing room. And now has been outed (by himself) as a cheat. 

Bit of a different press conference from Smith and Bancroft in hysterics in the ashes. Pair of knobs. 

It's so good to think he may finally get some comeuppance. Until they don’t...

I havent seen the Bancroft incident on tv only read about it. But he should be banned and Smith should be strip of the captaincy. Also who are these other senior players who agree to this?

Now on England, the batting display was pathetic. I disagree with the team picked by them. Why is Bairstow batting 6 instead of 5? Malan should be batting at 3 and Root 4. Livingstone should be playing at 6 if Stokes could bowl. Ali shouldnt be playing. Why isnt Wood and Leach not playing? Extra pace of Wood would be good on this pitch. 

6 hours ago, Baz said:

Just turned on the NZ test, there is literally 200 people max in the stadium - the vast majority of them the barmy army.

Is there a reason why?

I was also wondering why it’s been so poorly attended. So looked into it a bit and test cricket turn out is frightfully low in New Zealand. 3,500 turned up vs West Indies in Hamilton. That’s a tally of all days (day 1-1196, day 2-1186 day 3-686, day 4-394). Similar vs Pakistan. Similar vs South Africa. 

In the bigger picture I think test cricket is struggling globally outside of England. Our last series vs India away wasn’t full by any stretch and they’re cricket mad. Why? Who knows. For what it’s worth I believe people, particularly younger people, have shorter attention spans and can’t be bothered with the nuances of test cricket and would much rather go down the Big Mac meal road of t20 cricket. The instant gratification generation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, perthblue02 said:

Just been to Bunnings (DIY store) this morning and seen this promoting new stock

cricketaus.jpg

They need to withdraw that ad quickly.

Also, what's a "Leged"? Leg end would be more appropriate after his cheating.

Why hasn't the ICC slapped an immediate ban on those two cheats ?