BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

19 hours ago, matt83 said:

Good win. Shame it’s not a 4 or 5 match test series this. But it’s not so on to two full months of nonsense cricket with a random “ashes” ODI series thrown in. 

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Then shoehorning in 5 Tests against India August to mid September.

Ridiculous isn’t it. How are players supposed to perform consistently at test level when the itinerary is composed like it is? There’s no way the England test team can challenge to become the best test side (which would be my priority) unless they play long and hard against the best teams.

• Like 1

I went and it was an excellent game with an under strength Lancashire made it a tight game, although it became very difficult in the last few overs with the loss of wickets. As Lancs couldn’t qualify they rested Joe Minnie and Graham Onions for the Championship game at weekends don’t that was probably the difference, comb8ned with several dropped catches.

• Like 1

Not excusing some dozy running, dreadful bowling and shots from England but in whatever sport you care to think of Scotland will raise their game 1000% vs England. That lad McLeod can’t even get a game in a poor Durham side 140* today.

If England could raise their game to anything like the same levels as they do vs us we’d win every game in every sport. 

• Like 1

Embarrassing. Even chasing 371, England's batters got themselves into good positions several times only to lose their wickets to poor shots. Coupled with the Test defeats though it all points to continuing failure in all types of the game. Time for Bayliss to depart. 

Where’s Dryhorse? Thought he’d be on here gloating. I feel as though I’ve have had messages about the cricket result from every single person I’ve ever met in 23 years of living in Scotland. 

The irony is I had forgotten the game was even being played. The last time I saw a match at The Grange Lancs bowled Scotland out for about 70 and Freddie Flintiff knocked them off in about 4 overs, including a forward defensive shot that went sailing over the bowler’s head for 6.

England should have had no trouble chasing 400 on that ground.

ÏGreat performance and result by Scotland who played as a well drilled unit in all aspects of the game.

Our bowling was at best 'limp' and too many English players chucked their wicket away. Even Ali, who had looked to be the saviour, succumbed to a poor shot. What Willey is doing anywhere near an England squad in any game format completely eludes me.

On 11/06/2018 at 20:00, wolfie said:

Lancashire beaten again, all out for 105 in 2nd innings. 

Can see us getting relegated again this year

Though the good news is that Hampshire and Worcestershire don't look up to much either.

I fear the only way lancs can stay up is at the expense of those two. Quite the bum fight down there. Lancs play Worcestershire next week but will be without livi and Parkinson as they’re with the bloody Lions. 

Lancs have serious batting issues. Some pretty rank averages:

Jennings 37, Davies 19, Hameed 5, Livi 18, chiv 20

Just can’t have so many of the top order averaging under 20 and expect to stay up. Vilas has a credible average of 48 but that’s largely due to a 235* and he hasn’t scored a 50 in other innings. Once again consistency comes from the lower order with Clark and mennie 38 and 37 respectively. 

2 hours ago, matt83 said:

I fear the only way lancs can stay up is at the expense of those two. Quite the bum fight down there. Lancs play Worcestershire next week but will be without livi and Parkinson as they’re with the bloody Lions. 

Lancs have serious batting issues. Some pretty rank averages:

Jennings 37, Davies 19, Hameed 5, Livi 18, chiv 20

Just can’t have so many of the top order averaging under 20 and expect to stay up. Vilas has a credible average of 48 but that’s largely due to a 235* and he hasn’t scored a 50 in other innings. Once again consistency comes from the lower order with Clark and mennie 38 and 37 respectively. 

Isn't Jennings playing V Australia in the one day series?

That would mean, 2 potential openers with a combined average of 12 (tailender stuff). Oh dear. Though at least Worcestershire don't have Moen Ali.

23 minutes ago, Husky said:

Isn't Jennings playing V Australia in the one day series?

That would mean, 2 potential openers with a combined average of 12 (tailender stuff). Oh dear. Though at least Worcestershire don't have Moen Ali.

I’m fairly sure Jennings isn’t in the ODI squad and as such available for Lancs. Either way someone has to step up.

I’m guessing Jones maybe Croft will come in for livi but the former is another one with more question marks over him. If weren’t so threadbare I wouldn’t play Hameed for the foreseeable future but the issue is he gets demoted to the 2nd xi scores 100 then can’t get into double figures for 1st xi. 

Good news is Moeen is definitely unavailable as is Joe Leach who will be a big loss for them. In a 9 day period relegation will become clearer as play Worcestershire 20th-23rd and then Hampshire 25th-28th. 

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

A wonderful break from the WC football.

Maybe Willey and Plunkett should also have moved up the order to go for 500. Lol being a bit greedy there and unfair to Root.

481 and a new world record isn't bad.

But I agree, Root's not exactly a stand and deliver type player - with just balls remaining and a massive score already up I was thinking they would send the sloggers in. The only thing I can think is that maybe they didn't have their pads on ?