BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

3 hours ago, matt83 said:

Didn’t know was biggest normal game attendance outside of London. So yeah the attendance was 22,515. But as capacity currently at 26,000 with the temporary stands there was still 3,485 empty seats for a game they claimed on the tannoy vs Derbyshire was all but sold out.

I think for t20s outside of roses they expect to get 8,000. 50 overs is very poor where 1,100 turned up vs Durham on a sunny Sunday (likes of Somerset treble that). Cc probably 1,000 ish as well although with scheduling don’t get to many of those. 

They also said on the eve of the game that there were less than 1000 tickets available. I don’t know Matt, but everyone will be happy with the whole evening. Except Yorkshire.

I don’t like it. Not least of all not backing your own. But this lad is only in Warwickshire’s 2nd xi so hopefully he won’t pull up any trees. 

Lancs signed mustard on loan few years back and a seamer from Derbyshire I seem to recall at one stage so not blameless ourselves.

ps. Livi injured his hand so hopefully doesn’t rule him out of the batting line up

49 minutes ago, Husky said:

Well he seems like he's a fairly decent lower order batsman.

...and if they are backing him as a better spinner than Rashid or even Rafiq...

Deidre officially pulled out of domestic red ball cricket to concentrated on white ball stuff. Presumably Rafiq is fit as played on Friday and deemed not good enough if this lad has been signed for a game.

192 all out. 

Hameed has been out playing no shot 4 out of last 5 dismissals. We’re playing with 10 men with him.

2nd xi clearly no standard judging by the scores he’s getting so either needs loaning to a division 2 side (who in their right mind would take him) or putting out to pasture. 18 months of shite. 

Holy Crud that's some failure. 46-0 to 109 all out. ?

And to add to the misery Livingstone has broken/fractured his thumb. So he obviously won't bat in this game - and just as importantly - Lancs may as well now say goodbye to the T20 competition. He's irreplaceable! Not only as the explosive opener, but also as a decent slow bowling option and his tactics/captaincy.

Edited by Husky

9 hours ago, Husky said:

Holy Crud that's some failure. 46-0 to 109 all out. ?

And to add to the misery Livingstone has broken/fractured his thumb. So he obviously won't bat in this game - and just as importantly - Lancs may as well now say goodbye to the T20 competition. He's irreplaceable! Not only as the explosive opener, but also as a decent slow bowling option and his tactics/captaincy.

You’re right about Livingstones value to T20 Husky. We wouldn’t have beaten Yorkshire without him, that’s for sure. Big blow.

19 hours ago, Husky said:

So what do people think about being able to sign a player just to play in one match?

Poysden.

It's a right load of bunkum Husky, devalues the competitions for me, shouldn't be allowed.

Worcestershire have just signed SA all-rounder Wayne Parnell for T20 and County championship and Ravi Ashwin for county champs (2 games)

Its a right con.

The game needs an overhaul, look at the players missing for most of the season at Yorks due to England duty/IPL, it's not right for me, but I'm not sure what the answer is...

Edited by Gav

A lot of angry Lancs fans around. Last 5 wickets fell for 14 runs, while JOE ROOT! took 4 for 5!

not good enough.

and Lancs have been deducted 1 point for a slow over rate meaning only 2 points from the game.

Edited by den

Angry Lancs fans you say. Well I’m one of them.

Pathetic AGAIN. 

Off work this week so went along. More fool me. Having got them on the ropes on day one and let it slip we still had chances. Key moments yesterday were dropping Bairstow on 22 and then jos getting out last night removed all hope really.

Jimmy was coming in off a half length run up to bowl medium pacers wasn’t great to see. I appreciate he’s coming back from injury but if he wasn’t fully match fit Mennie should have played. It’s not Lancashire’s job to get players ready for England. I expected better from England’s leading test wicket taker and a Lancastrian playing Yorkshire than that.

It was also brain dead sending in Livingstone this morning with a fractured thumb with so many to get. I recall fairbrother coming out at Lytham when we needed about 10 but we today needed over 100.

All in all looks like 3 relegations in 6 years. One win from nine championship fixtures paints a very bleak outlook when we’ll have to win at least two, possibly three, of Surrey at the oval, Worcester Southport, Somerset at the county ground, Yorks at skeletors lair, Hampshire at the ageas bowl just to stay up. 

Oh and if 3 pts wasn’t poor enough that’s been reduced to 2 for a slow over rate.

Well done lancs. 

There do seem to be similarities between Blackburn Rovers and Lancashire CCC in the fact that they both seem to be run by imbeciles that don't give a toss what happens on the pitch.

If there is hope it lies in Pantshire. Though to be honest, from a business point of view it makes little difference whether Lancs are in the 1st or 2nd division. It certainly doesn't affect the concert and corporate side of things which has been Lancashire's priority for many years now.

Just now, Husky said:

There do seem to be similarities between Blackburn Rovers and Lancashire CCC in the fact that they both seem to be run by imbeciles that don't give a toss what happens on the pitch.

If there is hope it lies in Pantshire. Though to be honest, from a business point of view it makes little difference whether Lancs are in the 1st or 2nd division. It certainly doesn't affect the concert and corporate side of things which has been Lancashire's priority for many years now.

That’s about the shape of it.

Also someone was saying if Lancashire qualify from the t20 north group and get a home quarter final draw then it might not be at Old Trafford because Liam Gallagher is playing few days earlier. Or if they do play the pitch will be destroyed like it was after that bombing benefit concert. 

7 hours ago, matt83 said:

Jimmy was coming in off a half length run up to bowl medium pacers wasn’t great to see. I appreciate he’s coming back from injury but if he wasn’t fully match fit Mennie should have played. It’s not Lancashire’s job to get players ready for England. 

But it is these days. The only reason this random 4 day game was chucked into the middle of the T20 window is to give the England players a warm up for the 1st Test. There was even talk of Anderson playing for Surrey in the build up if he needed more overs.

Central contracts mean the ECB call the shots and the integrity of the county game means feck all to them.

Edited by Mattyblue

When he bowled kholi in the ODI at headingley I jokingly said he’ll be picked in the test team now. And here we are.

It seems every decision the ECB make undermines first class cricket. From bizarre scheduling of cc games in April to make was for t20 in peak months, capping players who retire from domestic red ball cricket, railroading teams to play unfit players, the unfathomable 100 balls 10 ball overs city tournament (as if 40 balls less than t20 will have folk stampeding into grounds), rinsing counties for hosting test cricket, etc.

When it comes to cricket and football I think the governing bodies are singing off the same hymn sheet

• Like 2

Outstanding few days of test match cricket so far and it looks as though conditions will favour England in the morning. 

Just watched Roy and Finch in T20 smack 194 in an opening partnership, chasing a record 222 to win, won easily by 9 wickets! 

Lancashire looked well placed to win tonight but the bowling attack let them down..

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1