BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

The Kent pitch was awful. Not the sort of pitch that should be played on. 

Jennings and Parkinson played well. 

Still think Lancs need 3 or 4 players to improve the 4 day cricket side. 

I agree especially with Jordan Clark leaving at the end of the season to join Surrey on a 3 year contract

46 minutes ago, Scratch Andy said:

I agree especially with Jordan Clark leaving at the end of the season to join Surrey on a 3 year contract

Mennie has been huge disappointment. Why he was signed I dont care. 

Why Brown, Chanderpaul, Croft, Lamb, Lester are at the Club I dont know. Not good enough. 

We need 2 batsman and 2 bowlers. 2 batsman to bat 3 and 5 plus 2 pace bowlers. Parkinson is a good quality spinner. 

On 24/08/2018 at 00:06, chaddyrovers said:

Mennie has been huge disappointment. Why he was signed I dont care. 

Why Brown, Chanderpaul, Croft, Lamb, Lester are at the Club I dont know. Not good enough. 

We need 2 batsman and 2 bowlers. 2 batsman to bat 3 and 5 plus 2 pace bowlers. Parkinson is a good quality spinner. 

I agree in general, I think Lester will improve as he is only young and possibly Lamb and Parkinson is the shining light but the rest have been poor.

Finals day tickets sorted. They’re not playing games at £76. Especially as we have zero interest in watching the games Lancs aren’t involved in. So as lancs up first could be back in the centre by 2pm.

Bit disgusting each of the 4 teams at finals day only get allocated 500 tickets each of which Lancs sold out rapido. On the basis edgbaston is 25,000 that’s 23,000 event junkies, day trippers and prawn sandwich brigade probably most with no affinity to any team playing. Each club should get a minimum 3,000 and whatever gets unsold goes back to general sale. 

The first finals day went to at the oval in about 2003 was in the ball park of a tenner and we bought tickets from old Trafford the day before. Those days are gone. 

• Like 1

The last time Lancs were in the finals (2015?) I found myself in Birmingham on the day and managed to get a hospitality ticket a few days before. My recollection was that I paid c£175 for it. I just looked now and a very similar package is going for £431!!

The tickets for next year are going on sale in about 2 weeks!

Anyway I'm planning to go to Southport for the 4 day game on Thursday - a somewhat more reasonable £8 (old folks rate).

Edited by only2garners

What a rip-off Finals Day is. £76?

Though I swear this thing they always say about Finals Day being sold out is a running myth.

Before Ebay decided to open those pikey ticket tout sites you could easily pick up a bargain - usually Finals Day tickets for under face value - as all the said pikeys and also those fans of teams that didn't make it would be scrambling to sell and you could pick and chose auctions. I've been ticketless twice before after the 'sell-out' and paid under face value.

Not sure about this September 15th date though. It will probably be freezing (as that's when winter starts) and also no cheap accommodation (last time I was in one of those student housing blocks that were rented as cheap rooms during July and August). It also sucks that Lancs are on first (as almost always is the case) - even though that's not how it was drawn.

The days of Liberty-X and Girls Aloud are also long gone, so you get less bang for your buck with no totty to l/jeer at (which I believe is how KP met that bird from Preston in 2004).

Edited by Husky

A rip off indeed. If you’re a member of any of the 4 clubs and bought them through the respective counties then it’s £76. For the event junkies happy to buy tickets before even know who’s playing and therefore unlikely to support any team it’s £46. 

Maybe I’m getting old and grumpy. But increasingly finals day is for groups, probably their first game of the season, with only a vague knowledge of the sport, but who are all dressed as Smurfs or umpa lumpas for no reason. They are up and down, up and down, up and down without the faintest knowledge or interest of who’s playing or what’s going on. Only content once sweet Caroline has been sung. 

Meanwhile real fans who are only interested in supporting their team and have done throughout the season are locked out. Or jumping through hoops to get in.

As a side note what’s this grip Edgbaston seems to have over finals day. Since 2007 only been to the bloody Rose bowl and Sophia gardens. In the early days Trent Bridge, the Oval both had a do. Never OT or Headingley. 

• Moderation Lead
4 hours ago, matt83 said:

Hameed golden duck. Not sure where he goes from here. 2 dreadful seasons now. This year he averages 9.

It’s torturing the poor sod now. 

My Dad was there and he said while he was fielding, everyone was geeing him up and really willing him to do well.

Then when he got out, it was just silence. I’m not sure what the best thing to do for the lad is, but he looks shot to pieces to me...

On 29/08/2018 at 05:38, matt83 said:

As a side note what’s this grip Edgbaston seems to have over finals day. Since 2007 only been to the bloody Rose bowl and Sophia gardens. In the early days Trent Bridge, the Oval both had a do. Never OT or Headingley. 

You had better get used to it - Finals Day will be there until 2024. It was scheduled to be at Trent Bridge in 2019 but then they had a beauty contest to decide future fixtures for the next 5 years this Summer and Edgbaston won Finals Day for 2020-24. So they then decided it was daft to move for one year and gave 2019 back to Edgbaston - Trent Bridge got an extra one-dayer instead.

On 29/08/2018 at 05:38, matt83 said:

A rip off indeed. If you’re a member of any of the 4 clubs and bought them through the respective counties then it’s £76. For the event junkies happy to buy tickets before even know who’s playing and therefore unlikely to support any team it’s £46. 

Maybe I’m getting old and grumpy. But increasingly finals day is for groups, probably their first game of the season, with only a vague knowledge of the sport, but who are all dressed as Smurfs or umpa lumpas for no reason. They are up and down, up and down, up and down without the faintest knowledge or interest of who’s playing or what’s going on. Only content once sweet Caroline has been sung. 

Meanwhile real fans who are only interested in supporting their team and have done throughout the season are locked out. Or jumping through hoops to get in.

So if you buy in advance it's £46, but £76 If your team is playing and only a few hundred tickets available per qualifying county?

You really couldn't make a scheme so ticket-tout friendly. Buy 10 tickets at £460, wait until week before finals day, sell at £5 under price £710, £250 straight profit and nobody feels ripped off. 

14 minutes ago, Baz said:

So if you buy in advance it's £46, but £76 If your team is playing and only a few hundred tickets available per qualifying county?

You really couldn't make a scheme so ticket-tout friendly. Buy 10 tickets at £460, wait until week before finals day, sell at £5 under price £710, £250 straight profit and nobody feels ripped off. 

That’s about the shape of it. We got 4 tickets but that leaves another couple of lads who will be using touts. On the internet tout sites the going rate is £150 they won’t pay that so they’re going to see what the crack is on the day outside the ground.

2 hours ago, Baz said:

Damned! I wish I'd have thought of that. I might have even treated myself to the Wetherspoon's B&B.