BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

We'll it looks like 2 of 3 teams below us now will lose, with only Essex likely to win. 

Could go to the Roses game deciding who gets relegated. Can't quite believe that of York's, they have some quality county players.

Edited by Baz

Unfortunately whilst Hampshire and Yorkshire may well lose they will no doubt have some bonus points so the table will be very tight and Lancs will probably slip a bit. Also most teams have a game in hand on Lancs, so it's going to need at least one more win and all their games are now away from home.

Still, it was a great win, which should give them some confidence going away to somerset on Monday. I was at the game on Wednesday and I left thinking there was no chance of a win. Josh Bohannon looks to me a real prospect. He batted very fluently in the first innings until needlessly run out as well as his second innings knock.

Cook played a series too long. It was obvious for all to see he'd gone - it's just England didn't have many other options for opening position - especially since we've essentially got around half a team of 'number 6 batsmen'.

He's got a bit of a cheek playing in the 5th test though after he's already admitted "There is nothing left in the tank". With the series already won, maybe it's time to give someone else a go, like that fine young player Hameed from Lancashire . . .  .or . . .er . . .

• Like 1

Lancashire cricket need overhauling and coaching staff changing.

I would like to see David Lloyd and Mike Atherton bought into the committee. I would release Allott, Chapple and Chilton from their coaching role with either Greame Flower or Andy Flower has the head coach/director of cricket. 

Playing staff wise we need some new Players. We lacking 2 fast bowlers, 2/3 new batsman plus all rounder into the starting 11. 

Hameed need to time out this winter and work with Atherton or Boycott. 

But from the 11 that started at Somerset I would keep Livingstone, Davies, Vilas, Parkinson and Onions. Plus Hameed.

Edited by chaddyrovers

45 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Lancs will probably still get relegated but you can't say they aren't going down fighting. To win the last game was incredible, to force a tie in this one arguably even more so!!

Those 8 points could make all the difference

• Like 1

Surely Jennings has had it at England level now (for a while at least - remembering he's only 21).

Bowled not playing a shot, surely he's been completely found out at test level - and even the changes he's made (obviously he's put a lot of work in during the break between tests) haven't worked as the Indians have just done a complete all-round number on him.

Back in the Lancs team?