BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

6 hours ago, Husky said:

Surely Jennings has had it at England level now (for a while at least - remembering he's only 21).

Bowled not playing a shot, surely he's been completely found out at test level - and even the changes he's made (obviously he's put a lot of work in during the break between tests) haven't worked as the Indians have just done a complete all-round number on him.

Back in the Lancs team?

Jennings is 26. Which is more than his average this summer of just over 18 against India. However the fact Cook is retiring may give him another chance with the tour to Sri Lanka

6 hours ago, Husky said:

Surely Jennings has had it at England level now (for a while at least - remembering he's only 21).

Bowled not playing a shot, surely he's been completely found out at test level - and even the changes he's made (obviously he's put a lot of work in during the break between tests) haven't worked as the Indians have just done a complete all-round number on him.

Back in the Lancs team?

I believe from whats Ive read and listened to Jennings is likely to go to Sri Lanka. Not many options out there. 

Expect the squad to be

Burns Jennings Ali Root Bairstow Stokes Buttler Curran Rashid Broad Anderson Vince Pope Leach Woakes and Porter. 

On Lancs signed fast bowler Glesson from Northampton on a 3 years contract. 

On 09/09/2018 at 16:49, Husky said:

Back in the Lancs team?

He looks like a proper classy batsman, but often gives his wicket away completely out of the blue. Have to wonder that it isn't concentration.

8 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

England effectively need a new 1, 2 and 3 because Moeen isn't a 6 never mind a 3. 

Well played, Alistair Cook. A proper Test cricketer. 

Ali will bat at 3 in the Sri Lanka. 

Jennings will be given the winter to prove. Cant keep changing every few months. Plus not that much quality in county championship.either

Moeen is not a 3. He's an 8

Jennings has proved already he's not Test quality, with a poor technique.  The only virtue is he's young and might get better, but the best players look at home from the start, and he's a bag of nerves. Apart from Root, who is a 4, England basically have a team of No 6s and 7s - Bairstow, Stokes, Buttler, Curran etc shouldn't be any higher.  

Yes Jim, if Ali’s going to bat three, we are in trouble.

going back to Cook, I think I heard that from the four batsmen above him in the table of most ever test runs, none of them were openers - which I’d say is by far the hardest position to play. Makes his achievement unsurpassed in the history of cricket.

Must admit to having plagiarising this but -

Cook makes 147 in his final innings, Jimmy equals McGrath as the leading fast bowler of all time. Joe Root back to form with a century and super Kohli goes first ball.

Carlsberg don't do cricket but if they did...........

9 minutes ago, Al said:

Cook makes 147 in his final innings, Jimmy equals McGrath as the leading fast bowler of all time. Joe Root back to form with a century and super Kohli goes first ball.

Do you still go to cricket Al?

1 hour ago, den said:

Do you still go to cricket Al?

Yes not as often as I'd like though. My last match was Headingley v Pakistan with as bunch of Rovers season ticket holders. We do the Headingley match on the Saturday every year. You should join us.

Edited by Al
English

7 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Moeen is not a 3. He's an 8

Jennings has proved already he's not Test quality, with a poor technique.  The only virtue is he's young and might get better, but the best players look at home from the start, and he's a bag of nerves. Apart from Root, who is a 4, England basically have a team of No 6s and 7s - Bairstow, Stokes, Buttler, Curran etc shouldn't be any higher.  

If Root wants 6 bowlers then Ali will bat at 3. I think thats will the way he go in Sri Lanka. It will the same team apart from Burns for Cook and possible Leach for Rashid. Also Smith's comments during the test to media seems to suggest Jennings will go to Sri Lanka. 

I dont see many County players who are openers scoring lots of runs apart from Burns. Gubbins has been injured this summer so not played as many as he come off done. Can you suggest a couple of openers who deserve to be in the squad ahead of Jennings in terms of runs and quality apart from Burns? Ive just a quick look through and cant see anyone who has scored lots of runs and average aswell. 

My team for Sri Lanka

Burns Jennings Bairstow Root(c) Pope Stokes Buttler(wk) Ali Leach Broad Anderson. 

The rest of squad imo will be Vince, Curran, Woakes, Porter, Rashid

4 hours ago, Al said:

It was good day yesterday..

I would like to go to more cricket games but family and work commitments dont allow sadly. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Lancs allowing Yorks back into the Roses match. Chasing anything over 150 will likely be tough for us at the moment.

Well done Jimmy Anderson on becoming the most successful ever pace bowler in test cricket. The extra digit helps but it’s still a marvellous achievement despite that.

This test match had it all, and is why, despite many thinking it is dull, proves all the doubters wrong. Also a magnificent series. Jos Buttler came of age as a red ball batsman, Cooky deserved to finish on an absolute high, and it was fitting for the Burnley Express to end the match with  his own personal record, still a magnificent athlete at 36. A 14 over spell to finish. A special summer for the long game.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Lancs allowing Yorks back into the Roses match. Chasing anything over 150 will likely be tough for us at the moment.

Yep. Poor day for Lancs, essentially all out for less than 150 today, Yorks well set 84 runs ahead with 7 wickets still in hand and Hants already have the win in the bag.

• Like 1

Poor do Matty. 

Big questions need asking about the whole management/coaching/playing staff. Surely we can do better than this, or does it not matter in the big scheme of things? Regular fans deserve proper answers and to see a whole new approach from the club. It appears they don’t have the real drive or ambition.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, den said:

Poor do Matty. 

Big questions need asking about the whole management/coaching/playing staff. Surely we can do better than this, or does it not matter in the big scheme of things? Regular fans deserve proper answers and to see a whole new approach from the club. It appears they don’t have the real drive or ambition.

Would you like to see Allott and Chapple remove from their positions and who would you like to see in? I would like to see Andy Flower or Greame Flower there but looking at things I dont a change in structure. I think Allott and Chapple will stay. Do I think we see a big changes in personal? I hope so. Glesson signing is a good one. But we need more