BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The club took its eyes off the (cricket) ball years ago. 

Seems largely now to be a conferencing  and events operation with a cricket club bolted on. Having dinosaurs like Allott still pulling the strings on the playing side says it all.

Edited by Mattyblue

55 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

The club took its eyes off the (cricket) ball years ago. 

Seems largely now to be a conferencing  and events operation with a cricket club bolted on. Having dinosaurs like Allott still pulling the strings on the playing side says it all.

Im not sure how it all works committee wise and money wise at Lancashire. 

The playing staff isnt good enough

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Would you like to see Allott and Chapple remove from their positions and who would you like to see in? I would like to see Andy Flower or Greame Flower there but looking at things I dont a change in structure. I think Allott and Chapple will stay. Do I think we see a big changes in personal? I hope so. Glesson signing is a good one. But we need more

I think it needs a clean sweep to be honest. 

Couldn't give you a name, but the club has huge potential, and that must be a pull for any young and aspiring coaches. Needs someone with real desire to succeed and who can't accept getting beaten easily - bit of a grizzly Aussie attitude. What's Ricky Ponting up to these days?

Takes a special kind of team to skittle out arch rivals for 209 and finish 105/0 on day 1. Only to lose the game before lunch on day 4 by 95 runs. We’re weak and fold like a pack of cards as soon as Davies gets out.

As far as the season goes slightly unlucky with injury to livi, no one could have predicted both Jennings and Buttler would get selected for the test team and Hameed averaging 9 was pretty pathetic. So with effectively zero batsmen and 50 spinners wasn’t going to end well. 

As for the club I’d like to clear out the jobs for the boys lot. To replace Chapple Stuart law perhaps. I know he’s ex Lancs but he’s been away. We’re crying out for an outside voice. I’d like a main man then a respect coach as the no2. David ripely from northants. An offer to farbrace maybe. Justin langer perhaps someone needs to drive impeccably high standards and to be someone who players look up to and who are intimidated by.

Failing that lot I’d like us for once to think outside the box and take a risk-Shane warne, sangakkara someone inexperienced managerially but with high end international pedigree.

Will any of it happen. Hell no.

Edited by matt83

40 minutes ago, Baz said:

I think it needs a clean sweep to be honest. 

Couldn't give you a name, but the club has huge potential, and that must be a pull for any young and aspiring coaches. Needs someone with real desire to succeed and who can't accept getting beaten easily - bit of a grizzly Aussie attitude. What's Ricky Ponting up to these days?

I would like to appoint Andy Flower in charge. He would install discipline and a plan. 

Maybe get Greame Flower involve aswell

20 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Takes a special kind of team to skittle out arch rivals for 209 and finish 105/0 on day 1. Only to lose the game before lunch on day 4 by 95 runs. We’re weak and fold like a pack of cards as soon as Davies gets out.

As far as the season goes slightly unlucky with injury to livi, no one could have predicted both Jennings and Buttler would get selected for the test team and Hameed averaging 9 was pretty pathetic. So with effectively zero batsmen and 50 spinners wasn’t going to end well. 

As for the club I’d like to clear out the jobs for the boys lot. To replace Chapple Stuart law perhaps. I know he’s ex Lancs but he’s been away. We’re crying out for an outside voice. I’d like a main man then a respect coach as the no2. David ripely from northants. An offer to farbrace maybe. Justin langer perhaps someone needs to drive impeccably high standards and to be someone who players look up to and who are intimidated by.

Failing that lot I’d like us for once to think outside the box and take a risk-Shane warne, sangakkara someone inexperienced managerially but with high end international pedigree.

Will any of it happen. Hell no.

I expect Farbrace will take over as Head coach of England when Bayliss goes. 

Would Law leaves the West Indies coach or Langer leaves the Australia Coach job for Lancashire job? 

I think Flower could be an option? What do you think?

If we couldnt get Flower why not go for Graeme Flower or Paul Collingwood the head coach job. With someone like David Lloyd as director of cricket. 

We missed Livingstone alot but our batsmans arent good outside Livingstone, Davies, Buttler and Jennings. No young batsman coming through from looks of it. So we need address that massively this winter. Brown and Croft need to go. 

Glesson looks a good signing. 

You watch Lancashire win the 20/20 comp on Saturday now. 

Matt, do you think Allott and Chapple will go? If not can you stated why. I havent follow the behind the scenes stuff and how decisions are made. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Collingwood a decent shout, always sensible, worked very hard as a younger pro to maximise his talents. Durham still struggling financially, not too far from home.

Fowler a long time out of the game, does he have the desire?

David Lloyd, I'd have him as a president, he's too immersed in the tv world to spend quality time at the club.

19 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Anyone on a view on Broad reported to be drop for Sri Lanka? Right decision? 

I'm assuming he's being rested rather than droppedI TMS was suggesting on the last day of the test that Broad and Anderson would be doing one tour each to Sri Lanka and the West Indies. The problem with that was who was going to tell Jimmy he wasn't going to the Caribbean!

On 30/08/2018 at 18:17, matt83 said:

That’s about the shape of it. We got 4 tickets but that leaves another couple of lads who will be using touts. On the internet tout sites the going rate is £150 they won’t pay that so they’re going to see what the crack is on the day outside the ground.

So who is going from the Blackburn area?

It's about that time when sellers start getting a bit nervous . . . I wouldn't pay those stupid made-up prices. I've already seen tickets going for more or less face value in the last few days.

The worst one I saw was someone on Ebay selling  a 'wheelchair user and carer' ticket (2 people). And the reason given for not going was 'I broke my leg'. ??

Edited by Husky

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wouldnt drop Anderson at all. Broad probably deserve dropping tbh. 

Was this discuss during the Ed Smith TMS Interview? 

Talking to a friend about Lancashire woes and he suggest Tom Moody which I thought was a good shout. Also suggest Stuart Law. 

They are not being dropped Chaddy but rested. I don't know whether it was in the Ed Smith interview as I didn't hear it but it was discussed on the commentary during the last day's play.

28 minutes ago, only2garners said:

They are not being dropped Chaddy but rested. I don't know whether it was in the Ed Smith interview as I didn't hear it but it was discussed on the commentary during the last day's play.

why would Broad or Anderson need resting when we only got 6 test matches in 4 months? 

Anderson has said he feels great even tho he just play 5 test matches without much rest

Lancashire squad for tomoz finals

Liam Livingstone (c), Jos Buttler, Karl Brown, Jordan Clark, Steven Croft, Alex Davies, James Faulkner, Keaton Jennings, Zahir Khan, Danny Lamb, Toby Lester, Arron Lilley, Saqib Mahmood, Graham Onions, Matt Parkinson, Dane Vilas, Mark Watt

my team from that squad would be 

Livingstone Buttler Davies Jennings Croft Vilas Clark Faulkner Parkinson Khan Lilley Onions

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Lancashire squad for tomoz finals

Liam Livingstone (c), Jos Buttler, Karl Brown, Jordan Clark, Steven Croft, Alex Davies, James Faulkner, Keaton Jennings, Zahir Khan, Danny Lamb, Toby Lester, Arron Lilley, Saqib Mahmood, Graham Onions, Matt Parkinson, Dane Vilas, Mark Watt

my team from that squad would be 

Livingstone Buttler Davies Jennings Croft Vilas Clark Faulkner Parkinson Khan Lilley Onions

It's 11-aside Chads. You'll have to chose between Croft and Villas.

Looks like a competitive side on paper.

Edited by Husky

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would drop Lilley actually. Croft and Livingstone can bowl spinner just as good as Lilley

But Lilley is the pinch hitter that can potentially clear the ropes. Villas can hardly hit it off the square, can't bowl. . . and Butler took the gloves last time he came back (though admittedly he was a bit dodgy - especially keeping to Khan).

30 minutes ago, Husky said:

But Lilley is the pinch hitter that can potentially clear the ropes. Villas can hardly hit it off the square, can't bowl. . . and Butler took the gloves last time he came back (though admittedly he was a bit dodgy - especially keeping to Khan).

In the team I picked we had choice of 7 bowlers. 

27 minutes ago, broadsword said:

I couldn't care less about finals day. Ram it mate. 

As matt said, they're just interested in earning money. No ambition at all. How are fans meant to get excited about that? It's pathetic. No point changing the monkey when the organ grinder is making a poor do

Come on, if you cared about money grabbing you certainly wouldn't watch football. I don' think there's a bigger mercenary money grabbing sport out there.

Also, the Lancs starting team tomorrow will contain more Blackburn Rovers supporters than the Blackburn Rovers team. ?

11 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Surely Lester will be ahead of Onions to start?

I think it will be:

Liam Livingstone (c), Alex Davies, Keaton Jennings, Jos Buttler, , Dane Vilas, Stephen Croft, Jordan Clark , James Faulkner, Toby Lester, Matt Parkinson, Zahir Khan.

Though it's probably a close call between Liley and Croft. . . personally I'd have them both in the team and drop Vilas.

On 13/09/2018 at 19:43, chaddyrovers said:

Matt, do you think Allott and Chapple will go? If not can you stated why. I havent follow the behind the scenes stuff and how decisions are made. 

No I don’t. Simply because they’re all on the gravy train. It’s nowhere near as toxic and perilous as venkys/Kean situation but it’s a similar scenario. Huge disconnect between club and fans. At the end of the day with the contempt they show for cricket the numbers are about 5,000 so halved in a decade. Very familiar. 

Allott runs the club like his personal fiefdom. He was always on the board but once his sky services ran down he effectively appointed himself in the role he’s in. And no doubt an improved salary to boot. 

The old man has been to a few members forums and he is always stunned by how unprofessional Allott is. To start with even he/they will only answer questions they want to and react childishly to any negative questions (of which there are obviously plenty). He once said there no batsman out there to improve us which caused merriment. 

As for Chapple he’s just bumbling along in a seemingly tenured position. His comments in 2014 when he took us down as interim coach are almost identical as ones he made other day. Im starting to view him as almost a Colin Hendry type figure legend as a player damaging reputation in the post playing days.