BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Stuart Law appointed Middlesex head coach. On a 4 year deal. 

We should have gone for him. Another big opportunity missed by the club. 

We need a massive changes at Lancashire coaching staff and playing staff wise. 

3 hours ago, den said:

What’s happening with Hameed Chaddy?

From what Ive read he might be off to Middlesex. 

I dont know what happening with Onions or Parkinson. Why they aren't playing I dont know. Are you on twitter mate? 

One feels not appointing Stuart law was a missed opportunity. 

Apparently Onions is injured but I suspect he’s been put in the naughty corner for, correctly, publicly criticising the batting. The Stasi, sorry board, don’t like home truths particularly those expressed in public. No doubt a similar injury that Clark has had ever since it was announced he was moving to Surrey, the miraculous t20 finals day recovery aside. 

Selecting Parry over Parky was just bizarre.

As for Hameed he’s still a kid so could come good. But I'm not sure the chuckle brothers chapple and chilton have what it takes to coach him back to form. In his debut season a cc average of nearly 50 and a test average of 44. The following season cc average of 30. This season an average of 9. That’s a sharp decline. Perhaps Hameed is looking for a move in the hope a change of scenery will bring back form.

2 hours ago, matt83 said:

One feels not appointing Stuart law was a missed opportunity. 

Apparently Onions is injured but I suspect he’s been put in the naughty corner for, correctly, publicly criticising the batting. The Stasi, sorry board, don’t like home truths particularly those expressed in public. No doubt a similar injury that Clark has had ever since it was announced he was moving to Surrey, the miraculous t20 finals day recovery aside. 

Selecting Parry over Parky was just bizarre.

As for Hameed he’s still a kid so could come good. But I'm not sure the chuckle brothers chapple and chilton have what it takes to coach him back to form. In his debut season a cc average of nearly 50 and a test average of 44. The following season cc average of 30. This season an average of 9. That’s a sharp decline. Perhaps Hameed is looking for a move in the hope a change of scenery will bring back form.

Agree on Law. Should have been appoint here. 

The board need changing. We need fresh direction and new director of cricket appoint with head coach under him. Possible choices as Head coach are Mike Hession(former New Zealand coach), Phil Simmons, Andy Moles. 

Possible choices as Director of Cricket are David Lloyd, Matt Maynard and Andy Flower. 

Isn't the rumour Hameed is off to Middlesex?

Was Parkinson drop due to he looking to leave? 

First time I've seen Burns batting 'live' (Surrey v Essex on TV). Looked poor against a decent spinner (Harmer) and then got out to an atrocious shot (v Porter).

I know he's put the runs on the board this season in Division 1 and there's not much else out there but . . . .just sayin' ....he looked poor.

Lancashire stats: Best 2 bowlers in the division and more bowling points than any other team. Dismissed for less than 200 10 times in 23 innings. Yet been taking about our batting issues for 7 years since winning the cc. Why has little to nothing been done!!!

Time to put the concert/conference money to some serious use other than relaying the outfield. Even a batting coach worth his salt would be a starting point.

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

Lancashire stats: Best 2 bowlers in the division and more bowling points than any other team. Dismissed for less than 200 10 times in 23 innings. Yet been taking about our batting issues for 7 years since winning the cc. Why has little to nothing been done!!!

Time to put the concert/conference money to some serious use other than relaying the outfield. Even a batting coach worth his salt would be a starting point.

We need more than a batting coach. Entire new backroom staff. 

Glesson looks a good signing so far. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

‘We’ve been looking to recruit batsmen... we were in the hunt for Joe Clarke.’ 

Extensive interview with Paul Allott @lancscricket Director of Cricket. 

Reflecting on relegation, recruitment for next season & promoting young players. 

Have a listen ? https://t.co/4yVhXZOvNf https://t.co/1DmmniLlqU

The Lancashire chairman speaks:

“We will categorically learn from this summer and demonstrate to everyone what this Club is capable of...We believe that Lancashire, with its history, legacy and resources should be competing at the highest level of the game, and this means promotion next year and vying for the Championship the year after...We accept that in order to achieve this we have to perform to an appropriate level and more consistently in all areas of the game, particularly the batting, and we are determined to achieve and bring success to the Red Rose. This winter we will focus on ensuring that the vision and aims of this great club can progress and be realised”

Could have summarised that up with the 3 words blah blah blah. They’re great at talking. Not so good at doing. I’ll remember those words when bugger all happens and when googling to see who the hell our overseas player is.

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

‘We’ve been looking to recruit batsmen... we were in the hunt for Joe Clarke.’ 

Extensive interview with Paul Allott @lancscricket Director of Cricket. 

Reflecting on relegation, recruitment for next season & promoting young players. 

Have a listen ? https://t.co/4yVhXZOvNf https://t.co/1DmmniLlqU

More classic Allott and Lancashire. Talk. He seemed to suggest he has no say in the managers future so quite what he actually does as director of cricket remains a mystery. 

Annoyingly he seems aware of issues but almost denies anything can be done. Also we will look to youth is just code for no signings.

“Hameed got more opportunities than he deserved.” No shit.

They both started to make division 2 sound like a promotion by the end. Just as I shall remember hodgkiss’ words, I shall also remember Allott’s words: “We’ll only be in div 2 for 1 season”. Let’s see Paul.

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

More classic Allott and Lancashire. Talk. He seemed to suggest he has no say in the managers future so quite what he actually does as director of cricket remains a mystery. 

Annoyingly he seems aware of issues but almost denies anything can be done. Also we will look to youth is just code for no signings.

They both started to make division 2 sound like a promotion by the end. Just as I shall remember hodgkiss’ words, I shall also remember Allott’s words: “We’ll only be in div 2 for 1 season”. Let’s see Paul.

we need around 5 or 6 signings this off season. 

29 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Looks like the old guard being dismantled.

So far Croft, brown, lilley have been shown the door. Clark obviously left. For me parry and lester and all the overseas/kolpacks can go.

Hopefully chapple and chilton next but doesn’t sound likely. 

is it official that Croft, Brown and Lilley have left? 

3 hours ago, matt83 said:

The Hameed thing is very poor from Allott, it's not the lads fault if he's struggling and shouldn't be there, it's the management for having no alternative. He shouldn't be naming and shaming him - it's hardly like he's outshine by many of his fellow batsmen.