BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

37 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

There you go, that explains his dip in form then.

Why? 

I think he need time away from cricket and then back after christmas and work with Mike Atherton and Graham Thorpe. Also go and talk to Cook. Might do him the power of good. Maybe it more of a mental problem now. 

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why? 

I think he need time away from cricket and then back after christmas and work with Mike Atherton and Graham Thorpe. Also go and talk to Cook. Might do him the power of good. Maybe it more of a mental problem now. 

It is. That's why Ramprakash is not a person he should be working with. Hugely talented player but with fragile belief in himself at the highest (e.g. test) level. Agree that Cook would be a good mentor.

On 27/09/2018 at 08:14, chaddyrovers said:

‘We’ve been looking to recruit batsmen... we were in the hunt for Joe Clarke.’ 

Extensive interview with Paul Allott @lancscricket Director of Cricket. 

Reflecting on relegation, recruitment for next season & promoting young players. 

Have a listen ? https://t.co/4yVhXZOvNf https://t.co/1DmmniLlqU

Thanks for posting this Chaddy. Some degree of complacency here expecting to bounce back at first attempt but concentrating on youth. The old addage you will never win anything with kids springs to mind. Sounds like they are targeting a non test selected Aussie batsman as next summers overseas player

17 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Thanks for posting this Chaddy. Some degree of complacency here expecting to bounce back at first attempt but concentrating on youth. The old addage you will never win anything with kids springs to mind. Sounds like they are targeting a non test selected Aussie batsman as next summers overseas player

I would target Nicholls from New Zealand. Bat 5 fir us. 

Then it be Jennings Hameed Davies Livingstone Nicholls. Good batting line up

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would target Nicholls from New Zealand. Bat 5 fir us. 

Then it be Jennings Hameed Davies Livingstone Nicholls. Good batting line up

Depending on Jennings winter he may be on England duty. Hameed who knows how he will perform!

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah after the Sri Lankan team bus was ambushed they’ve been in exile ever since.

I was going to go to Dubai/Abu Dhabi for Pakistan’s “home” game about 5 years ago. I forget the reason I was told I couldn’t go.

With Dubai and the strong ex pat community apparently it was well attended but in Abu Dhabi the scene was similar to a nothing midweek county championship game. Seem to recall the latter game suffered from things like alcohol bans and some sort of dress code. Not one for the tourists.

Although one of the lads tour with has been to Pakistan before the ban and he said conditions were spartan at best. Stuff like stepping over dead dogs en route to the ground. 

Hmmm. And yet the Americans aren't 'all over' that particular country . . . . very strange, very strange indeed.

Meanwhile, credit where it's due. The Aussies sure did show one hell of a backbone to get a draw from that situation. . . I couldn't imagine England doing as well given the same scenario:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/45823192

Edited by Husky

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Husky said:

"Typical England!" one might say.

After securing the rain affected one-day series against Sri Lanka fairly easily they were then humiliated in the final game, going down to a record ODI 219 run defeat ?

Aye, though if you're going to get dicked, do it in a game that means nowt I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think I can recall a time where our test team will look so unbalanced, if Buttlers going to play he should keep, Add the extra batsmen and stiffen the top order. The squad looks unbalanced and seems to littered with Smiths vanity picks, the top order looks a fragile as I can remember.

On 05/11/2018 at 09:31, PeteJD13 said:

I don't think I can recall a time where our test team will look so unbalanced, if Buttlers going to play he should keep, Add the extra batsmen and stiffen the top order. The squad looks unbalanced and seems to littered with Smiths vanity picks, the top order looks a fragile as I can remember.

103 for 5 before a recovery confirms that fragile comment.. At least Keaton Jennings got 46.

On 05/11/2018 at 09:31, PeteJD13 said:

We have 3 spinners in the side plus 3 pace bowlers. 

Foakes has played a good innings. 

Jennings, Root and Stokes dismissals was avoidable. 

They arent many quality top order batsmen out there. So what can be done to improve them. 

Since the start of the summer Nos 7-11 have averaged 29 and Nos 1-6 28.06. 

After foakes’ performance I’m not sure Bairstow gets back in for the next test. He is averaging 30 for the last two years and has only averaged more than 35 in one year of his test career, 2016. 

• Like 2

Love Moeen but he isn't a number 3, don't see how Bairstow and Buttler can play in the same aside assuming Foakes isn't dropped for Butler. Still think Vince is a better option at 3 he should have been picked this summer when he was bang in form. I still don't have the confidence is smith building a balanced side and a strong top order, there are a number of players scoring big runs yet he picks Denly whose been found out in practice is nowhere near the test side 

• Like 1