BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

22 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Not one positive from this. Our batsmen look like they only know how to slog, not a defensive shot between them. So Ramprakash as the batting coach needs relieving of his duties. Clearly as good a coach as he was a test batsman. I appreciate Bayliss is leaving after the summer anyway but he’s probably taken England as far as he can. 

Suppose when the ECB continuously undermine county cricket in favour of McCricket this is what we end up producing. Sri Lanka probably papered over huge cracks. 

There are SO many similarities between Rovers and England cricket.

Square pegs, round holes (strikers on the wing, midfielders at centre half, makeshift  right  backs, no stand out striker, no world class spinner, batsmen playing at no.9, makeshift openers and no.3, loaded with bits and pieces all-rounders etc. etc.

Often questionable tactics. Poor captaincy. No obvious leader.

Softcore as soon as they are up against it. Brilliant in flashes yet always one moment away from complete capitulation.

Management and coaching set-up loved by a soft touch and friendly media - never questioned by anyone but the most ardent of fans even when things go terribly wrong.

If I've missed something, please let me know.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Husky said:

There are SO many similarities between Rovers and England cricket.

Square pegs, round holes (strikers on the wing, midfielders at centre half, makeshift  right  backs, no stand out striker, no world class spinner, batsmen playing at no.9, makeshift openers and no.3, loaded with bits and pieces all-rounders etc. etc.

Often questionable tactics. Poor captaincy. No obvious leader.

Softcore as soon as they are up against it. Brilliant in flashes yet always one moment away from complete capitulation.

Management and coaching set-up loved by a soft touch and friendly media - never questioned by anyone but the most ardent of fans even when things go terribly wrong.

If I've missed something, please let me know.

Good post.

Our arrogance in going into this series unprepared has caught us out.

We will maybe win the dead rubber which will again paper over the cracks. A lot to be done pre Ashes, the greatest series in Test cricket, the real form of cricket.

4 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Good post.

Our arrogance in going into this series unprepared has caught us out.

We will maybe win the dead rubber which will again paper over the cracks. A lot to be done pre Ashes, the greatest series in Test cricket, the real form of cricket.

We always rise to the small occasions I fully expect a win in St Lucia. 

Not sure what jennings has done to deserve a recall. Foakes must feel a bit hard done by there coping it for a crap top order. I rate Buttler but he needs to start doing a lot more. Same for stokes with the bat as talk of him playing as a batsman only. Also Bairstow needs to start using his brain.

The ecb will have to reap what they sow. That is to say producing a bunch of t20 players who have to then pretend to be test cricketers. 

17 hours ago, matt83 said:

The ecb will have to reap what they sow. That is to say producing a bunch of t20 players who have to then pretend to be test cricketers. 

Some 50 overs players would be good. I'd take a summer World Cup win over any test series.

For the first time in this series you get the feeling England are starting to get on top in a game.

Currently 177-4, a decent score having been put in. Our world cup hopes Stokes and Butler are in and crunching some tired bowling around.

300+ or a collapse?

18 minutes ago, Husky said:

For the first time in this series you get the feeling England are starting to get on top in a game.

Currently 177-4, a decent score having been put in. Our world cup hopes Stokes and Butler are in and crunching some tired bowling around.

300+ or a collapse?

300 is a long way off. Pitch is still doing things, need a few more off these two yet. 250-270?

22 hours ago, Husky said:

Some 50 overs players would be good. I'd take a summer World Cup win over any test series.

It’s nice to win anything for sure. For me personally it’s all about test series wins, particularly away ones, and the ashes as the crowning jewel.

I appreciate this summer winning the 50 overs World Cup would be a more noteworthy achievement than beating Ireland in the one off test but personally I’d take another 2015 debacle or the 2014 t20 defeat to Holland if it meant regaining the ashes. 

As for this St Lucia test Jennings is simply an atrocious test player. The sooner he’s back at Lancs the better for both England and Lancs. Having been dropped twice on 3 playing the same drive. He had a thrash at another then got out to the exact same shot next ball. Quite pathetic scenes really.

18 hours ago, den said:

300 is a long way off. Pitch is still doing things, need a few more off these two yet. 250-270?

Looks like it was the latter. From 232-4 the infamous collapse and 277 all out.

You gotta love England.

It will be interesting to see what Woods gets out of the pitch (if the others leave him any wickets to get).