BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

This series is well and truly on. England still have problems chasing a Target on certain pitches. Windies would have won much easier had they taken their catches - that Nurse guy is simply comical in the field.

I've also never subscribed to this 'long batting line-up' notion. Rashid is an absolute bottler for example.

How many times have the number 9 and 10 come out and hit 30-50 runs to win the game? Which surely you could  reasonably expect if  they  are indeed true batsmen.

You've got to pick your best bowlers if indeed it does come down to that, not someone that 'might get some  runs'- i.e. - Mostly not Ali as he's often a liability in one day cricket. He's lollypop and doesn't have any variety like Rashid.

With all that said. I haven't seen a worse umpiring decision than the Tom Curran lbw for a long long time. Probably not since the C&G final in 2006.  An absolute SHOCKER!

Edited by Husky

6 hours ago, Husky said:

I haven't seen a worse umpiring decision than the Tom Curran lbw for a long long time. Probably not since the C&G final in 2006.  An absolute SHOCKER!

Don’t remind me. Stuart law was not out in a month of Sundays. Worse still it was that chucker that got all the wickets. 

What a brilliant match.

Buttler's innings is the one the best that I have ever seen, his last 108 runs came from 32 balls, just sensational.  Gayle at 39 years old at his best with some amazing hitting.  At one point West Indies were well ahead of the game but then 2 crazy shots in that Wood over pulled it back for England, then very brave captaincy from Morgan to give Rashid that 47th given what Braithwaite had done to him in his previous over but boy did he deliver.

Fabulous entertainment.

• Like 1

Lancashire are playing a county championship home game vs Durham at Sedbergh school, Cumbria.

Seems a strange one to me. Few thoughts 1 it’s not (nor ever has been) in Lancashire. 2 50-80 miles away from the bulk of towns/cities in Lancashire. 3 facilities/pitch will be debatable. 4 no transport links. 5 no accommodation. 6 minimal connections between the school and lccc. 7 a massive slap in the face to our traditional out grounds and those clubs like Preston cc even bloody Whalley cc who obviously never get a look in. 8 taking the piss out of the members expected to go up there. Classic Lancashire ccc thinking.

This decision seems to be for no reason other than Paul Allott’s hubris in thinking after 155 years we can suddenly grow the game in Lancashire’s favour in deepest darkest Cumbria. They can forget branching out. They ought to try looking after the people in the exiting catchment area. 8,500 members down since turn of the century...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Think I’m right in saying he scored 113 runs for the entire of last season at an average of 9 so already gone past that. 

I must admit I thought he was a one season wonder hopefully he’ll come good. If he does though he’s got the England opener position nailed on if he doesn’t he’s no good for Lancs. So it’s lose lose for lancs. 

Lancashire have 9 County Championship games before the first test England play this Summer, so there's plenty of chance to get some value from Hameed. And whilst Keaton Jennings isn't good enough for England (at least in England), he's plenty good enough for CC Div 2.

It was good to Rob Jones get his second hundred of the season too. He's not a player who I have been tremendously impressed with when I've seen him but it's a great start to the season. And Glenn Maxwell has started with a michelle.

Did Alex Davies get injured? It looks like Brooke Guest was wicketkeeping (he took 5 catches anyway) and Davies only came into bat at number 9.

Davies hurt his hand in the field on day one. I didn’t go but few of the lads went Saturday and said: “It was apparent how together the lancs team was. Maxwell was geeing everyone up constantly and talking to the likes of bohannon and jones in the field. Just what overseas players are meant to do.”

So encouraging signs. Not that I think it’ll be a problem getting promoted with 3 going up.