BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Just now, Mattyblue said:

All that development and the ground still feels souless.

Trent Bridge, it aint.

I agree Matty. There’s no continuity of the stands and the point and other red stands look like they were brought in from another ground somewhere.  I’m not a fan of overhanging two tier stands either - who wants to sit in darkness all day long? Not to mention the monstrosity that is the temporary stand.

I find a lack of atmosphere at Old Trafford nowadays. 

Edited by den

I went to the India test at Trent Bridge last summer and it was like a mini Lord's.

Just little touches like the old brickwork, hanging baskets etc. LCCC really missed a trick with the re-development, but hey, just think of how many conferences and concerts they can put on!

22 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I went to the India test at Trent Bridge last summer and it was like a mini Lord's.

Just little touches like the old brickwork, hanging baskets etc. LCCC really missed a trick with the re-development, but hey, just think of how many conferences and concerts they can put on!

Trent bridge is class. We debated about a day out in Nottingham or loftus road today. Not sure how the latter won.

In a lot of ways for all the money thrown at the redevelopment the ground is worse.

Just now, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Liam Livingstone hasn't had much of a chance in the IPL, but he's opened tonight against SRH, and has just got out 44 off 26.

The Indian Paradise League. Where one can get paid loads to mostly sit around.

If I was a young cricketer I think I'd just be training for T20 (or hundred ball stuff) these days.

I wonder how much longer county cricket is going to last. . . It does seem to be largely a side show.

11 hours ago, Husky said:

The Indian Paradise League. Where one can get paid loads to mostly sit around.

If I was a young cricketer I think I'd just be training for T20 (or hundred ball stuff) these days.

I wonder how much longer county cricket is going to last. . . It does seem to be largely a side show.

Unfortunately it’s the law of unintended consequences. The powers that be devise a fun shorter format to generate more interest in the sport. But it’s success could (will) end up destroying proper cricket.  

The t20 blast already has pride of place in peak summer months. On top of that each counties top players abandon the start of the English domestic season in favour of the IPL. Impossible to get the genie back in the bottle now.

For what it’s worth I’ll happy watch Lancs in the t20 up and down the country remembering always it is the equivalent of gobbling down a Big Mac and chips while the fine dining of CC/test cricket gets continually undermined by the ECB in favour of the cheap and nasty. 

• Like 1

T20 is a mix of baseball and golf played by cricket rules which makes it very watchable to the masses.

T20 is like going into a Burger joint and having it eaten 5 minutes later. Proper cricket is going into a restaurant and having a fine dining experience.

A lot of Burgers get sold!

Finally the frustration of Rover's footy season is over.

Hameed is back on form (crap, lol), Lancashire are relying on other results to get through in the one day cup and the England bowlers are getting hit all over the place in a T20 at Cardiffstan.

Roll on the World Cup.

That was tough watching in the end. Panikshire will always turn up at some point but thankfully we rode out the storm after some pretty ordinary bowling in the middle overs.

Nice to see England’s most successful bowler throwing himself around for lancs. Takes some commitment at 36.

Poor lbw decision, Scott think it was, but having given a shocking wide ball before, reckon that swung his thinking a bit. Some Lancashire type cricket by their number 10 who hit a ball that would have been wide by a mile and got run out off it. But all’s well that ends well.

Will be interesting to see what the pitch is like today for England vs Pakistan as no doubt will be the same one on Sunday. So if it’s an absolute road Onions might go for plenty in which case might have to rethink with Gleeson or somebody. 

Anyway roll on Sunday....

Quite something from Buttler. Can he play tomorrow as well. 

Today has answered the question of what sort of pitch Lancashire can expect tomorrow at the rose bowl. Considering Hampshire rarely score under 300 at home I don’t think anyone will be falling of their chair in surprise that it’s very much a batsman’s wicket. Hopefully the boundaries (particularly the short one) will stay out for Parkinson as at Edgbaston, Lords and anywhere there’s a short boundary he’s completely ineffective.