BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Another “sold out” game that’s clearly not sold out. Is it a case of the touts buying up all the tickets and making so much profit per ticket doesn’t matter if loads get unsold.

At old Trafford all 6 games have sold out the general allocation. So it will be interesting to see if there’s swathes of empty seats.

56 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Another “sold out” game that’s clearly not sold out. Is it a case of the touts buying up all the tickets and making so much profit per ticket doesn’t matter if loads get unsold.

At old Trafford all 6 games have sold out the general allocation. So it will be interesting to see if there’s swathes of empty seats.

I've found that to be the case at every single T20 Finals day.

I rather think it's something to do with ticket companies being able to scalp their tickets on the resale sites they also own at ridiculous prices.

It's all one massive scam that nobody seems to be looking into (unless there's a public outcry - like there is with the few charity concerts that make the press and unlimitedly something is done about it).

It royally pisses me off. As the emergence of those legal scalper sites that the ticket companies are in cahoots with mean you can't even find a 'good price' as was often possible when people used to resell on eBay (if you were savy and had patience).

Edited by Husky

The whole thing stinks.

Another annoying thing is when the England test side tour abroad with the exception of Australia it’s takes forever for the overseas cricket boards to release venues/dates. In fact New Zealand still haven’t done so for test series in October/November this year. It’s as though they don’t think people have to plan such trips.

Anyway, once dates are decided they’re not announced by the foreign cricket boards themselves, they’re not announced by the ecb, they’re not announced by even the icc. Nope. They’re announced by tour companies like Barmy travel, gullivers travel, howzat travel, etc. So they are told first (no doubt in exchange for a brown envelope) just to give them enough time to block book hotels and flights making it twice the price for independent travellers. Albeit still cheaper than their rip off prices. 

It was ridiculous to drop Plunket for the Pakistan game.

Also Rashid and Ali should never play in the sane team unless the pitch is turning sideways. They seem to take it in turns to be terrible and they are both worse than one day number 11s with the bat.

Root may as well bowl if we need a few extra 'twirlers'.

Such a shame that the world cup is being ruined by the weather and has potential serious consequences for some of the teams who may end up with 2 or 3 no results and miss out on a chance to fight for top 4.  

They should have scheduled a reserve day for all of the fixtures.  The forecast for tomorrow and Thursday is grim so we could end up with 4 consecutive matches rained off.

On 11/06/2019 at 16:07, Kamy100 said:

Such a shame that the world cup is being ruined by the weather and has potential serious consequences for some of the teams who may end up with 2 or 3 no results and miss out on a chance to fight for top 4.  

They should have scheduled a reserve day for all of the fixtures.  The forecast for tomorrow and Thursday is grim so we could end up with 4 consecutive matches rained off.

They can put a man on the moon (allegedly), BUT . . . .

On 16/06/2019 at 14:05, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

A sea of blue at Old Trafford today..incredible support for India.

Seemingly 80% of the crowd were supporting Pakistan.

Anyway, back to England. It looks like Roy is injured, I also feel that the squad selection could end up costing the WC - I see Root outbowled our main spinner again.

Best team in it on paper but we’re just not winners. It’s why we won’t win the tournament. The only consolation is it doesn’t matter if finish 1st or 4th.

Not played a decent side yet but lost twice. With Australia, India and New Zealand to come Sri Lanka are right back in this. 

Another “sell out” at OT today where there are swathes of empty seats. The governing bodies have a lot to answer for with the ticketing system. Plenty available on the tout sites. Really don’t know how they’re allowed to get away with it. 

Edited by matt83

1 hour ago, den said:

There’s no doubt Australia have played the conditions well but they have had a lot of luck particularly early on. I have a feeling England won’t get as lucky.

We have pulled it back a little bit Den but I do tend to agree, I reckon they have 50 too many on the board there for my liking.

Edited by oldjamfan1

Alot of hype around this England team being rapidly deflated. Very similar to England football - good at winning meaningless matches and flattering to deceive but flop in the big tournaments against the best teams.  I'd be surprised if England make the semis now