BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

I said as the Sri Lanka match was just starting that that England team had no chance of winning the WC.

We saw exactly the same team get thrashed by Australia. It looks like that team probably won't even manage to finish 4th unless some other results go our way.

Is anyone else waiting to see this mythical deep batting line-up? As all I see are four number 11's that are pretty useless.

No Plunket and 3 defeats. Hmmm.

Also Bairstow should be keeping. Buttler chucks away a wicket a game with missed catches and stumpings.

Finally, the 'management' seem pretty dense. All in all, it's not looking good. .  .

Edited by Husky

Scrapping at the cricket? Pretty unheard of.

It all sounds very 'diverse'.

The usual suspects won't be able to blame this one on 'drunken yobs'.

I've never seen this before, Ever! and i've been to games such as The Ashes and several T20 rowdy drinkfests like Finals Day and other games involving Lancs and The Dingles (including sitting in the Western Terrace and the 'we all hate Leeds scum' stand at Old Trafford).

?

Edited by Husky

Jesus Christ! How thick can you get?

I think i've just seen one of the most stupid decisions in cricketing history.

Afghanistan putting the squeeze on, bamboozling the Pakistanis with spin. Needing 46 from 30 balls. So the captain then brings himself on and bowls some rank bad pop gun medium pace bungers and the over goes for 18 and hence the game!!

Seriously!!??? Bizarre!!! AND i'm used to bizarre having had to suffer years of Mowbray and the Tombola man.

Edited by Husky

2 minutes ago, Husky said:

Jesus Christ! How thick can you get?

I think i've just seen one of the most stupid decisions in cricketing history.

Afghanistan putting the squeeze on, bamboozling the Pakistanis with spin. Needing 46 from 30 balls. So the captain then brings himself on and bowls some rank bad pop gun medium pace bungers and the over goes for 18 and hence the game!!

Seriously!!??? Bizarre!!! AND i'm used to bizarre having had to suffer years of Mowbray and the Tombola man.

It cries some money has changed hands, they would have won with spin, What makes it worse, he balls the last over. Cheat!

7 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I've seen it at a 20-20 Surrey game at the Oval - a combination of all day drinking, hot sun and corporate tossers on a freebie binge

These guys don't even have that 'excuse' - unless they'd already been on the lash all night.

https://twitter.com/LiveMagazinepak/status/1145022296232538112?s=19

Anyway, some of them seem to be provocatively dressed up like The Taliban. Surely that's offensive? I'm sure a 'Hitler' wouldn't have even been allowed to enter.

I suspect that had this been England fans it would have been headline news 'Rampaging thugs ripped up metal objects and threw them whilst little children fled in terror'.

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

England's openers have got us off to another cracking start. Let's hope the total is 350+, which it really ought to have been in the last match.

I hope your post wasn't the kiss of death!

249 - 5 now with 8 overs remaining.

Into the World Cup semi-finals for the first time since 1992 - basically since ancient times.

Will the England cricket team be the ones to break the England sports teams semi-final hoodoo of recent times? Our semi will more than likely be against India in their own back yard. Tough, very tough! Especially as those guys won't be taking it so light this time.

2 hours ago, Husky said:

I don't think Oz fancy playing the Kiwis again.

If South Africa win, just imagine all the Indian ticket scalping that's going to take place.

I think Aus would rather play NZ than England tbh. NZ have zero momentum whereas England have plenty. I would rather play Australia than India to be honest, so i’ll be happy if the Saffers see this out for the win.