BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

On 05/08/2019 at 17:32, Ewood Ace said:

For me if we don't win the Ashes then this summer will have been a failure.

Yep, if I had a choice I'd gladly forgo the World Cup win if we could win back the Ashes. 

It's the big one again tonight. 23,500 sell out.

I notice that a few re-sell tickets have become available on the Old Trafford website. I suspect they are possibly from people that have decided not to make the journey after seeing the potential weather that's in store. (30-60% chance of rain during the game hours - Whatever that means).

I'm not sure if I would chance it. Unless you are a member or have paid for hospitality OT isn't exactly a comfortable place to be in the rain.

I'm sure they'll do their very damned best to get a 5-5 bish bash in at least. Especially considering the Sky TV pressure.

Edited by Husky

I've been debating all week whether to go tonight or not. I don't have a ticket but I was pretty confident I would be able to get one on the night. I think the weather forecast has made my mind up to stay and watch at home. Right now the Met Office has it as a 60-70% chance of thunderstorms between 5 and 9pm. One big thunderstorm on the ground could be enough for it to be a wash-out.

19 minutes ago, only2garners said:

I've been debating all week whether to go tonight or not. I don't have a ticket but I was pretty confident I would be able to get one on the night. I think the weather forecast has made my mind up to stay and watch at home. Right now the Met Office has it as a 60-70% chance of thunderstorms between 5 and 9pm. One big thunderstorm on the ground could be enough for it to be a wash-out.

It's worth remembering that it's STILL 3 hours until the scheduled full 40 overs game start. The weather can change loads.

Thunderstorm weather is better than those days when drizzle is forecast. It was thundery black in Blackburn 10 minutes ago, now the sun is out.

Edited by Husky

No matter what the forecast it always ends up being a 50-50 decision whether to go to OT or not. Supposedly there's another storm due around 6pm (the big 80% one) - so it could all hinge on that.

I once went when it was tipping it down in East Lancs, yet when I got there it was a scorcher and I had to borrow some factor 50+

The World Cup is on show tonight isn't it? ? Surely it's worth going for that alone.

Edited by Husky

True, but normally Warner does a good job. I can see that the selectors have thought Roy could be a similar kind of player (1 day brilliance becoming an attacking opener), but so far it has not worked. Added to Burns being a bit hit and miss and a lack of a proper number 3 player and it looks uncertain. Australia have Smith who is almost always amazing. 

I do hope Roy can become a good opener, and work on his defensive problems. The Ashes is not the best series to adapt to test cricket, so I'd give him the winter tour as well. And get a decent batting coach.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

You have to doff your cap to Smith. Two very evenly matched teams - but I think the Aussies do rely on Smith too much.

He will fail at some point.

This game looks like a draw now

His comings and goings would suggest he's a private patient or he'd have been stuck in a 4 hour weekend NHS queue.?

Edited by Husky
  • Like 1