BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

I'd only keep Burns, Root, Archer and Broad for the next test. Bin the 1 day sloggers living on past reputations and build for the future. And get a proper batting coach who can give them some steely resolve. The ashes have gone again unless some mad stuff happens for the rest of this game. Many need to be kicked down back to the county game to show they are not automatic choices.

Where to begin with this detritus. Mostly I don’t think our batting problems are talent issue I think it’s brain issues. Problem is tight bowling so then when a loose delivery arrives they are chasing it. At 45/6 there was one good ball. 

Roy is always stupid. 20/2 trying to hook. 

Roots was fair enough but struggling as an opener when the official openers can’t get their head down for 12 overs.

Stokes was embarrassing hit a nice four and then chased a massively wide one. Edge to slip. It was two feet outside offstump.

Buttler what can’t you say. The cons put in a short cover for the drive and first ball puts it down his throat. 

That card would embarrass a village team. 

Even as I type woakes belongs to the brain dead society. Learnt nothing from first innings bowling this short crap. 

Just now, Rogerb said:

Hameed to leave Lancashire at end of season source BBC cricket

Heard a rumour he was going to Yorkshire but I thought 1 he wouldn’t go there and 2 they wouldn’t want him. Having initially dismissed it as nonsense might be more to it. 

Feel sorry for the lad in another world he could be playing today for England but as it is when you’re an opening bat with a season average of 9 hard to come back from that. May be with another county and out from under the wing of mark chilton he could produce again  

• Like 1

If we can get these 4 wickets fairly quickly we’re not out of this.  We might be chasing 350, which sounds like a lot, but this a day 3 pitch in good weather against a tired attack.  We should be able to make a good effort, but we know we probably won’t as we won’t have the patience to bat as long as possible and wear the bowlers down.  Really need a Root to do something at last. 

27 minutes ago, McClarky said:

Full of hope for tomorrow but have a feeling that if Root is out early it could be all over by noon.  Still no reason why we can’t do this though, tired attack, easy pitch, good weather etc.

Nights rest and a new ball, think the Aussies will have to much for us unfortunately. Hoping not though.

The problem is that England went into their shell a bit too much and didn't score enough runs. In a situation where the chance of a draw was pretty much 0% that was fatal.

I've never really understood playing for close in circumstances where the batsmen are in and conditions favourable as you just have to come back the next day against fresh bowlers and start again with not many runs knocked off (and in this case with a shiny new ball due in just 8 overs).

R.I.P. Ashes 2019.

Edited by Husky