BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

I thought Leach was very switched on. He realised that a tie was enough to save the Ashes from being lost today. But Ben Stokes was incredible. And let’s not forget his bowling spell on Friday night too. Surpasses what Botham did in 1981 for me under the circumstances. Should be knighted if the likes of Wiggins etc was.

Stokes is an astonishing cricketer - in the context of the game that innings today has to be one of the best in the game's history. It was probably better than Botham;s too. Botham had Grahah Dilley with him- Dilley scored 56 while Stokes had to protect Leach, who is a rabbit despite his heroics against Ireland. And Stokes was probably our best bowler in Australia's 2nd innings.

I just hope England can follow it up winning the series. 

• Like 3

I was in Leeds on holiday in 1981 and was going to go to the Cricket on what turned out to be 'Willis Day' but the wife (now ex) would not let me.

I was watching yesterday but with a bad back went for a lie-down. This was when Bairstow had just come in to bat. I woke up hours later to see Broad being interviewed and my immediate thought was we've lost already!

I do not restrict this to Cricket. In 2005 I went to bed at half time during a Football Match.

I'm going back to bed. Its 9.45 am here. 

• Like 1

I was sat in the trafford centre and watched it on my Sky app.  I nearly switched off when Broad was out but thankfully decided to watch for a few more overs and saw the most remarkable cricket ever, Stokes is a freak.

Like Jim, I just hope that we can now go on and win the ashes.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Just under 15,000 at OT today, a non Roses game crowd record broken for the second time this season.

Definitely need to invent a fourth format of the game and scrap the counties to drum up interest 

Excellent crowd. Going on Friday and staying at the Hotel with balcony view as a treat for me and the lad. Pity we lost today, but a win and we top the group and guarantee a home quarter final, which should generate a good crowd again

Will give Lancs the benefit of the doubt as not a full strength attack and let’s say they were in first gear having guaranteed top 2.

But disappointed particularly as anyone new in the nearly 15,000 won’t be rushing back for high octane action. Bizarre game. Should have won that even though technically we were never really ahead in game and never looked like winning. After a decent start with the bat it’s almost like we chose to lose by prodding about for singles then once both settled batsmen were out we panicked by swinging aimlessly. Strange game really strange. 

Edited by matt83

On ‎25‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 06:53, Husky said:

The problem is that England went into their shell a bit too much and didn't score enough runs. In a situation where the chance of a draw was pretty much 0% that was fatal.

I've never really understood playing for close in circumstances where the batsmen are in and conditions favourable as you just have to come back the next day against fresh bowlers and start again with not many runs knocked off (and in this case with a shiny new ball due in just 8 overs).

R.I.P. Ashes 2019.

On ‎25‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 10:42, matt83 said:

Heroes to zeros in 6 weeks. 

Forum gold from you two yesterday. I'm reading through the topic now. Brilliant.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Excellent crowd. Going on Friday and staying at the Hotel with balcony view as a treat for me and the lad. Pity we lost today, but a win and we top the group and guarantee a home quarter final, which should generate a good crowd again

It’s being played at Durham, owing to O.T. Being used for the test match.

https://cricket.lancashirecricket.co.uk/news/2019-news/lancashire-lightning-s-home-quarter-final-venue-confirmed/

Edited by den