BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Just now, matt83 said:

A very decent season to be fair but Burns was getting big first class runs. In my opinion for what it’s worth I’d be wary about putting stokes at 3. He’d basically be coming in as an opener and I think he’s better once the ball is a bit older.

For me a bairstow is hanging on by a thread. I’d personally go for foakes over him as keeper batsman. Don’t know what he did wrong he had a good tour of Sri Lanka and seemed to be made the fall guy for the West Indies debacle.

Think can afford to play buttler or bairstow just not both as both very hit and miss. Mainly miss unfortunately 

I think Buttler is better player for me. 

Foakes has done nothing this season. 

Maybe play Crawley at 3. 

So a top 7 of this

Burns Denly Crawley Root Stokes Pope Buttler. 

What do you think? 

I dont see any players who are natural number 3. Dont see Another Trott out there. 

Looking like Sliverwood will be next England coach with Collingwood, Thorpe and Trescothick as assistant coach. What you think of that? 

I would like Alec Stewart as next England coach but not sure he wants to tour around the world

Edited by chaddyrovers

very good victory by England. 

England will miss Bayliss as coach and by the sounds the players will aswell. 

I think Bayliss last interview was excellent and show he has been great for our game. 

I'm very interested to see how replace Bayliss now. 

Also Botham and Gower have just finished Commentating for the last time for Sky. End of era. Botham is fantastic as commentator 

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

very good victory by England. 

England will miss Bayliss as coach and by the sounds the players will aswell. 

I think Bayliss last interview was excellent and show he has been great for our game. 

I'm very interested to see how replace Bayliss now. 

Also Botham and Gower have just finished Commentating for the last time for Sky. End of era. Botham is fantastic as commentator 

Well if correct that the BBC will have an increased share of coverage you can expect a far greater amount of female commentators. You just watch. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

Well if correct that the BBC will have an increased share of coverage you can expect a far greater amount of female commentators. You just watch. 

Women commentators on C5 coverage already, fortunately they don't say a lot ?

• Like 1

I couldn't abide Botham as a commentator. Thankfully as he was on Sky I rarely came across him. I have Sky but for cricket I have to listen to TMS and I only use the TV for pictures.

There are a host of female cricket commentators already. Alison Mitchell has been around for years and Isa Guha and Emily Rainsford-Brent have been on for a couple of years now.  But I found the Australian Mel Jones to be the best during the World Cup.

• Like 1

Gower got Botham with a cracker yesterday. They did a piece on Botham during the tea interval where they interviewed a few of the all rounders who tried to fill his on-field boots, the likes of Derek Pringle, Craig White, Chris Lewis and 'Daffy' DeFreitas etc, which culminated in a pitch-side interview with the man himself, conducted by Ian Ward. Botham had on a pair of shorts and an unbuttoned 'Hawaiian' shirt over a t shirt. 'Beefy' is currently carrying a bit of timber to say the least. Gower was in the Sky Box and interrupted the interview to say "I'd just like to ask Sir Ian a question if I may? Does that shirt actually button up these days?"

If looks could kill!!!

Didn't stop them enjoying a glass of champers together later on though.

• Like 1

Some peculiar decisions from the ECB vis a vis central contracts.

Firstly Plunkett lost his central contract for white ball. Odd decision. Very good in the middle overs and kept us in that World Cup long before Stokes and Archer to a lesser extent took all the headlines.

Then more bizarrely Denly gets a white ball contract. Him and Morgan are the same age so hardly one for the future. Currently Roy, bairstow, Root, Morgan, Stokes, buttler as the batsmen. Where do they see him fitting it. I’d be surprised if he plays white ball at all unless we have a tin pot match when others are rested and even then I’d prefer to see whether the next generation can hack it. 

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

Some peculiar decisions from the ECB vis a vis central contracts.

Firstly Plunkett lost his central contract for white ball. Odd decision. Very good in the middle overs and kept us in that World Cup long before Stokes and Archer to a lesser extent took all the headlines.

Then more bizarrely Denly gets a white ball contract. Him and Morgan are the same age so hardly one for the future. Currently Roy, bairstow, Root, Morgan, Stokes, buttler as the batsmen. Where do they see him fitting it. I’d be surprised if he plays white ball at all unless we have a tin pot match when others are rested and even then I’d prefer to see whether the next generation can hack it. 

Denley - really?

never a test batsman IMO.

Just now, den said:

Denley - really?

never a test batsman IMO.

He hasn’t got a test contract. Rightly so. But at least he’s been playing red ball cricket. They’ve given him a white ball contract a format he’s not been playing. Makes no sense to me but sure they know what they’re doing ? 

D3F840DF-91F6-46F7-B5A5-2BBD9BFC9A7D.png

Speaking of the ECB Ashley Giles isn’t inspiring me with much confidence. He is acting like it’s a total surprise to him he needs a new coach. He should have had one lined up ready to go.

He definitely has a chip on his shoulder about one coach for all formats after he bombed as the ODI coach blaming Andy flower for not allowing best players to play limited overs under him. Might not be the worst idea to have continuity across the board but this really should have been sorted. 

57 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Look like Alec Stewart is the current favourite for head coach job. alot depending whether he still wants to tour around the world and give up his role at Surrey

I watched Stewart on that cricket debate programme with Charles Colvile and Bob Wilis and I thought he was the most unbelievable dull mundane pundit ever. He offered no opinion of any kind and I though he’s either just dull or he’s angling for the job and doesn’t want to ruffle establishment feathers. 

Just now, matt83 said:

I watched Stewart on that cricket debate programme with Charles Colvile and Bob Wilis and I thought he was the most unbelievable dull mundane pundit ever. He offered no opinion of any kind and I though he’s either just dull or he’s angling for the job and doesn’t want to ruffle establishment feathers. 

I've heard him on BBC TMS and Sky before he is far from dull IMO. 

have Giles spoken him before Bayliss left and that why he didn't ruffle feathers. 

England need a Head coach who can coach like Bayliss but challenge Joe Root on certain things. 

Matt, who would you appoint? A coach from County game or overseas one? 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I've heard him on BBC TMS and Sky before he is far from dull IMO. 

have Giles spoken him before Bayliss left and that why he didn't ruffle feathers. 

England need a Head coach who can coach like Bayliss but challenge Joe Root on certain things. 

Matt, who would you appoint? A coach from County game or overseas one? 

Personally I think Jason Gillespie would be a good appointment won things at Yorkshire now rebuilding Sussex. Alec Stewart little uninspiring in a jobs for the boys kind of way but think he’d be ok to be fair. Same goes for Chris Silverwood. Mickey Arthur/Gary Kirsten would be steady away from the international circuit. Mike Hesson formerly of New Zealand would be a rogue choice.

I don’t see anyone other than someone like silverwood already in the fold as bowling coach or Stewart one of the lads. 

14 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Personally I think Jason Gillespie would be a good appointment won things at Yorkshire now rebuilding Sussex. Alec Stewart little uninspiring in a jobs for the boys kind of way but think he’d be ok to be fair. Same goes for Chris Silverwood. Mickey Arthur/Gary Kirsten would be steady away from the international circuit. Mike Hesson formerly of New Zealand would be a rogue choice.

I don’t see anyone other than someone like silverwood already in the fold as bowling coach or Stewart one of the lads. 

I think People like Graham Thorpe(one of England Batsman) remain part of the coaching setup there. 

Kirsten is a very interesting name and someone ive not thought about

Somerset at home to Essex for the title decider starts tomorrow. Somerset start 12 points behind, after losing last time out to Hampshire. 

Been a great season for cricket, so far. really interested to see how this pans out. Could be Somerset's 1st county championship