BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

On 14/11/2019 at 18:47, matt83 said:

Hameed has joined Notts. I genuinely hope he does well (not against Lancs). But for whatever reason under the guidance of the brothers grim he didn’t know what end of the bat to hold by the end.

Rovers or Lancs. You can't get away from the dislikeable tossers in the background seemingly ruining everything.

?‍♂️

Though admittedly regarding Hameed there have been rumours that there was some kind of 'religious conflict thing' going on there. I guess we'll find out next season.

Test match starts at 10pm tonight. Will try for one session before conk out.

If was going to New Zealand playing a weakened team I’d be a little miffed. That said that bay oval looks great 360 degrees of grass banks. Must admit never heard of it before. Apparently pitch is green but meant to be flat. 

Sibley missed a leg stump half volley then. Early days, but he ducked into a bouncer, got hit in the bollocks then missed a ball on leg stump which is supposed to be his strength. Rabada and Philander aren’t losing too much sleep at the minute.

I also assumed stokes was injured but as he bowled 2 yesterday and 11 today it was clearly a bizarre 5 seamer attack plan from the offset. Root is to cricket captaincy what Mowbray is to management. 

• Backroom

Archer 1 wicket of the 10.

What's happened to the golden boy @matt83?

I know he's still young and all that, but he doesn't seem to have kicked on much.

Haven't watched much but did switch on last night to see them putting up stats of how much slower he is now compared to when he burst on the scene at the Ashes.

I thought Darren Gough had gone over to help the young bowlers get better. 

Just now, Silas said:

I know he's still young and all that, but he doesn't seem to have kicked on much.

Haven't watched much but did switch on last night to see them putting up stats of how much slower he is now compared to when he burst on the scene at the Ashes.

Maybe he's improving their fox trot and samba ?

5 hours ago, Silas said:

It’s very odd. A bowler who can hit 96mph bowling at mid 80’s. Can’t remember Lillee or Thomson going soft on the England batsmen. I can only imagine that for some reason he’s being encouraged to bowl slower.

at the moment his position in the team should be in doubt. If they want a medium bowler there are other and maybe better options.

Edited by den
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Silas said:

It is a tad worrying when he is only bowling 80mph for long spells when he’s in for his pace. This series he’s been bowling on roads and a kookaburra ball neither he’ll have seen in a test environment. So like every other Englishman bowling in non English conditions without a duke ball he’ll have to learn.

Also I’m not sure whether he’s one of these players who only turns up if he fancies it. Certainly at an admittedly chilly old Trafford he stood there with 2 jumpers and hands in pockets which wasn’t a good look.

I still see him as our brightest prospect to replace the ageing jimmy and broad but 2 wickets at 91 isn’t great. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Root played a captain inning today. Out of form but he battled through and got a very much well deserved 100..

Watched till lunch. It was an absolute road of a pitch - very glad he got the runs but if hadn’t have he’d need shooting. Particularly for someone in the “big 4”