BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Amazing win. I’d given that up after day one then going into the last session 5 more wickets seemed a tough ask. Our first win in Cape Town since 1957 and only the second team to beat them at Newlands since they were allowed back in 91. Hand down best cricket venue I’ve been to. Would highly recommend it. Love coming back here. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Well played England against a weak South Africa side. Anything other than a 3-1 win would be sub-par.

England have been blessed with some brilliant all-rounders over the years.

Who is best - Botham, Flintoff or Stokes? 

Not that it really matters but Flintoff in my humble opinion is a fair way behind the other two.

I think we’ll give Sir Ian the nod, given his prowess at football as well ?

Used to see him in our local pub when we lived in Somerset. I remember one of the staff at our school whod taught him at primary school telling us that they had to rein him in even then because he kept hitting the balls over the wall even at that age and they couldn't afford to lose that many

Mind you I think Stokes is very special. His passion and his ability to drag himself up to bowl again even when hes exhausted, and his increased adaptability as a batsman, getting better at judging when he can slog and when he needs to temper it a bit, would make him my favourite of the 3 named

Edited by gumboots

England allowing SA to bowl at them. Going at 2 runs per over doesn’t give you any control and doesn’t give the bowlers anything to think about.

The best teams in most sports are the teams who are positive and continually push their opponents back.

1 hour ago, den said:

England allowing SA to bowl at them. Going at 2 runs per over doesn’t give you any control and doesn’t give the bowlers anything to think about.

The best teams in most sports are the teams who are positive and continually push their opponents back.

Denly and Crawley didnt show enough intent against the spinner

On 16/01/2020 at 13:36, jim mk2 said:

Same old problem with the England top order batsmen - they make little cameo 30s and 40s but don't go on to make the big score.

Struggle to make 300 plus now unless Stokes comes to the rescue

According to the commentators yesterday Denly was under instruction today 100 balls. Runs irrelevant, just keep batting. Dong know if there was any truth in it, only what theysaid

2 hours ago, matt83 said:

I wonder if an English spinner has ever taken out the top 5 before in a test.  Heard before Bess is the first spinner to dismiss top 3 for England since Kevin Pietersen. Bizarrely 

Lol.

I don't know why, but I just thought of Jordan Clark's Roses hat-trick.

I guess sometimes you just get all that flukey skill in a short space of  time.

I hope England will finally draw a line under the whole Ali thing, as that would be a backwards step.

That is another stupid review by root totally wasted 2 reviews one on his own bloody bowling. Neither close to being out.
Also I’d drop butler for foakes next series. He’s not contributing with the bat and his glove work is abysmal. So while Foakes might not score runs that’s only equal to buttler but at least he can keep.

Edited by matt83

On 18/01/2020 at 09:43, matt83 said:

I wonder if an English spinner has ever taken out the top 5 before in a test.  Heard before Bess is the first spinner to dismiss top 3 for England since Kevin Pietersen. Bizarrely 

I think Jim Laker might have done?