BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

On 20/01/2020 at 15:15, oldjamfan1 said:

Chaddy, Jim Laker took 19 wickets in a test match, so he must have done!

Breathtaking stats

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/17417/scorecard/62814/england-vs-australia-4th-test-australia-tour-of-england-1956

Jim Laker's record of 19 wickets for 90 runs in a single Test match has stood since 1956 when I was just a small kid. I doubt it will ever be beaten.

Kumble is the only other bowler to take all 10 wickets in a single Test match innings.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

It might be time to retire Buttler from test cricket for a while. He hasn't got out of the twenties yet.

His glove-work isn't noticeably better than all the other wicket-keeper batsmen waiting in the wings either.

Edited by Husky

1 hour ago, Husky said:

It might be time to retire Buttler from test cricket for a while. He hasn't got out of the twenties yet.

His glove-work isn't noticeably better than all the other wicket-keeper batsmen waiting in the wings either.

I think his glove work is significantly poorer than others. In port Elizabeth ball just kept going through him.

He’s a great idea in theory in that if we’ve got a score on the board he can come in and take the game away from the opposition. But in reality that never happens mainly because we haven’t got a score but even when we do he pushes and prods. Just don’t see the point of him in red ball cricket.

12 hours ago, Husky said:

Got to say I agree with KP when he says Buttlers figures don’t match his ability. Josh is a test match batsman IMO. He’s not a Jason Roy who an out and out slogger, he’s very capable of playing the tempo required then lifting the pace when needed. He’s a quality batsman who can play the long game or be the destroyer. 
I wouldn’t drop him, I’d back him.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
27 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Is anyone else enjoying the BBC repeating Test Match Special recordings from recent games? Right now they are replaying the 2005 Ashes 2nd test at Edgbaston. England in some trouble at 29-3 in the second innings......

Its brilliant stuff o2g, even listening to the repeats, really miss the cricket, dare I say more than the football...

TMS is a national institution and should be protected in some way, the coverage on talk sport is awful in comparison, much like talk sport in general, awful radio station.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gav said:

the coverage on talk sport is awful in comparison, much like talk sport in general, awful radio station.

In your opinion.  Some people might argue that its decent., especially when the listening figures are very high in comparison.  

Well I guess Gav's opinion is the only one he's got. For the record my opinion is that I wholeheartedly agree with him. For the South African series when TalkSport had the radio rights I couldn't listen to it - the TMS Social was much better even without the live commentary.

• Like 3

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

In your opinion.  Some people might argue that its decent., especially when the listening figures are very high in comparison.  

They love their tried and tested ‘good cop, bad cop’ routine on there. Some of the presenters dangle whopping pieces of bait out there and people who can’t resist a nibble ring in and give the station revenue so they can continue with more of the same! 
Not for me like, but whatever floats people’s boats! It wouldn’t do for us all to be the same...

• Like 1

Just now, K-Hod said:

They love their tried and tested ‘good cop, bad cop’ routine on there. Some of the presenters dangle whopping pieces of bait out there and people who can’t resist a nibble ring in and give the station revenue so they can continue with more of the same! 
Not for me like, but whatever floats people’s boats! It wouldn’t do for us all to be the same...

I'm on the road a lot and have been listening for years....hawksbee and jacobs in the afternoon is a good listen....

I think you are referring to Adrian Durham, a bit of a wind up merchant to be fair.  Always winding the gooners up...

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Some of the presenters dangle whopping pieces of bait out there and people who can’t resist a nibble ring in....

My favourite is "Newcastle isn't a big club.."

Which they recycle regularly. 

The Geordie Nation are like a team of piranhas feasting on that one.

Always goes down well when it's pointed out they've nowt in about 70 years.  

Although,  suppose that might change if the Saudi blood money comes rolling in. 

• Moderation Lead
4 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I'm on the road a lot and have been listening for years....hawksbee and jacobs in the afternoon is a good listen....

I think you are referring to Adrian Durham, a bit of a wind up merchant to be fair.  Always winding the gooners up...

Yeah, that’s him! 
I usually just have music on really, so I never have much time for it nowadays!