BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

They love their tried and tested ‘good cop, bad cop’ routine on there. Some of the presenters dangle whopping pieces of bait out there and people who can’t resist a nibble ring in and give the station revenue so they can continue with more of the same! 
Not for me like, but whatever floats people’s boats! It wouldn’t do for us all to be the same...

Danny on the dreaded talksport 

The day that Alan Brazil put his seal of approval on Steve Kean and slagged off the fans, was the last time I listened to the station regularly. 

Its like The Sun newspaper on radio, absolutely appalling unless you remove your brain before tuning in or didn't have one to start with.

Hawksbee and Jacobs are the exception, rather than the rule.

• Like 1

I watched the final day of the 2005 2nd Ashes Test Match at Edgbaston on Sky yesterday. An absolutely absorbing game and even though I knew we won beforehand, I was still sweating on the outcome right to the final wicket, giving us a 2 run victory. 
I actually felt sorry for Brett Lee at the end(for about 5 seconds ?).More of the same please Sky.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've said this for a while. It's certainly easier to keep your distance in cricket than in other sports like rugby. However, they do handle the cricket ball and pass it around between overs and in fact more often than that. Needing to wipe it between each ball bowled would cause real problems

58 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Wicket keeper would need to stand back to a spinner. Slips need to be 2metre apart etc

How about a hot, sweaty fast bowler pumping out spittle and sweat within a few inches of the poor old umpire?

13 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

How about a hot, sweaty fast bowler pumping out spittle and sweat within a few inches of the poor old umpire?

Get the umpire to stand at the other end ?

wicket keeper to long stop.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/05/2020 at 11:14, Sparks Rover said:

I'd have thought that cricket was the ideal sport for social distancing 

Me too. It's outdoors. Players are far apart. Make the umpire wear a mask if they are worried. 

Tennis hardly stopped over here. There are concerns with handling balls but I'm pretty sure that current research has coronavirus far less likely to be passed by touching something with it on.

Bowls should be another sport that should be allowed to continue. However, the average bowls player is at risk due to age.

I think that it will be hard for rugby to get going again soon.

American football will be tricky too. The linemen spend all game at close quarters breathing all over each other.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Think Sky Cricket coverage of cricket has been excellent since winning the rights

Yes, you’re quite right, the overall coverage is very slick and they’re all very knowledgeable and respected pundits with the banter between them also enhancing the experience. For most of us on the forum I’m sure it’s the fact that Bumble is “one of our own” and we share the same type of Northern humour and possibly the same birthplace. I have also enjoyed finding out more of the backgrounds of these ex-cricketers too. 
That said, I am very pleased that one of our oldest and most respected sports is being made available to all again, albeit only due to the Coronavirus outbreak. 
Enjoy it while you can. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Riversider28 said:

Yes, you’re quite right, the overall coverage is very slick and they’re all very knowledgeable and respected pundits with the banter between them also enhancing the experience. For most of us on the forum I’m sure it’s the fact that Bumble is “one of our own” and we share the same type of Northern humour and possibly the same birthplace. I have also enjoyed finding out more of the backgrounds of these ex-cricketers too. 
That said, I am very pleased that one of our oldest and most respected sports is being made available to all again, albeit only due to the Coronavirus outbreak. 
Enjoy it while you can. 

The 4 part series on Pietersen was really good watching. 

Also enjoyed their captain log specials. Plus watching old test days were good. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The 4 part series on Pietersen was really good watching. 

Also enjoyed their captain log specials. Plus watching old test days were good. 

Cricket has become my favourite TV sport now. I am not really interested in watching footy anymore unless it’s Rovers and I would have already cancelled my Sky Sports subscription if cricket was not on it. I also subscribe to BT Sports just when the Big Bash league is on in Oz. A different type of commentary, but again with very experienced ex-cricketers who know their stuff, and plenty of banter. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Riversider28 said:

Cricket has become my favourite TV sport now. 

I go to about 1 test day every 2 or 3 years now. Enjoying watching cricket on tv. Perfect view and listening to the commentators and different views and angles of replays. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Riversider28 said:

Cricket has become my favourite TV sport now. I am not really interested in watching footy anymore unless it’s Rovers and I would have already cancelled my Sky Sports subscription if cricket was not on it. I also subscribe to BT Sports just when the Big Bash league is on in Oz. A different type of commentary, but again with very experienced ex-cricketers who know their stuff, and plenty of banter. 

I agree with much of that Riversider, I really miss the cricket, not so much the football.

Looking forward to the upcoming tests with WI.

I still maintain that Test Match Special is the outstanding way to "watch" the cricket - the pictures are better. Usually I have the TV on Sky in the living room, but spend my day when in listening to TMS whilsy doing whatever I'm doing and then nip in to watch on TV if there is anything significant.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, only2garners said:

I still maintain that Test Match Special is the outstanding way to "watch" the cricket - the pictures are better. Usually I have the TV on Sky in the living room, but spend my day when in listening to TMS whilsy doing whatever I'm doing and then nip in to watch on TV if there is anything significant.

It a great British institution o2g and I do exactly the same.

I read that Geoffrey has retired which is a shame, but with his recent heart trouble you can't blame him.