BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

5 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Useful runs at the end. I’m going to be uncharacteristically optimistic and say we’ll have too much for their batting line-up. 

Can't argue with that matt - 200 seems about a par score to me but the way that ball was swinging at times if we pitch it up we could run through this lot quite quickly.

Maybe Rovers players will get some ideas on effective hairbands.

Players can't give caps or sweaters to the Umpire so Wood is wearing Jimmys cap whilst Jimmy bowls. OK, there's a logic in there somewhere no doubt .........

I'd rather listen to anybody than Ebony. How can she possibly comment on Men's international Cricket?

She's doing ok on hair guidance

Edited by AllRoverAsia

The players have had enough time to get their hair powed (my grandads Lanky expression). I suppose I could have bought myself a hair band instead of having it cut earlier. I wonder if they realise how daft they look? Team players of all sports are just like sheep, trying to outdo each other.

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

204 a decent score. Be surprised if this West Indies batting line up get past that particularly in these conditions.

40-0.

England looking like chumps at the moment

Phil Tufnell said hed have bowled first. Alastair Cook said overhead conditions make less difference at the Aegeas Bowl than at most grounds and you should look at the surface and hed have batted first. So who knows? Is the decision to leave Broad out going to come back to bite us? I'm not convinced Archer yet has the discipline and experience to be our second main strike bowler. 

54 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Is the decision to leave Broad out going to come back to bite us? I'm not convinced Archer yet has the discipline and experience to be our second main strike bowler. 

These are the games to play him in to ensure that he gets that experience under his belt. In terms of future planning, playing Broad and Anderson together in this mini series would be the equivalent of playing Mulgrew, Graham and Downing in the last 4 games of this season for Rovers.

Oh wait......

1 hour ago, gumboots said:

Phil Tufnell said hed have bowled first. Alastair Cook said overhead conditions make less difference at the Aegeas Bowl than at most grounds and you should look at the surface and hed have batted first. So who knows? Is the decision to leave Broad out going to come back to bite us? I'm not convinced Archer yet has the discipline and experience to be our second main strike bowler. 

But unless keep playing Archer he never going to get that discipline and experience. 

I might have left wood out for Broad in this test considering the next test wicket should have more pace and bounce in it. Would suit Wood more imo

8 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

These are the games to play him in to ensure that he gets that experience under his belt. In terms of future planning, playing Broad and Anderson together in this mini series would be the equivalent of playing Mulgrew, Graham and Downing in the last 4 games of this season for Rovers.

Oh wait......

I dont object to Archer playing, but the time to get experience is not necessarily in the first match of the series. I think we needed to win this one, and we may still do so. I would just have hated to be the one to tell Broad he wasnt playing.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

That was a classic piece of play and commentary, picnics, Nasser foot in mouth, no ball wicket and Sibley deathwish and all in 6 balls

FFS back to Angel cake and Tea. I appeal to Sky to sort this crap out

Unbelievable. 

• 2 weeks later...