BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Clear as mud. Diagrammatically it appears only the winners of group one and two go to the final. But it does say the winners of div one are county champions and the top 2 compete for bob Willis trophy but mentions nothing about how that bit happens. Having gone into division one does everyone play each other again. If so is it once or twice, home or away. 

F71DD5E4-BE7A-4835-A89E-82A0B88D8E9F.jpeg

In the groups everyone plays each other home and away. Then the top two in each group go into Division 1, the third and fourth into Div 2 and the 5th and 6th into Div 3. Then I think everyone plays in each other once in each division. Whoever wins Div 1 are County Champions and then they play the second team in a one-off game for the Bob Willis Trophy. The diagram is a bit misleading on the last bit.

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, only2garners said:

England have done it again, winning a T20 match from a very unlikely position. With 86 from Bairstow.

That over by Hendericks going for 27 was the clincher, I was worried up to that point o2g.

Now for Saints to beat Wigan.

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

England have done it again, winning a T20 match from a very unlikely position. With 86 from Bairstow.

This is a very special England squad. It would be impossible to expect this standard to become the norm. Enjoy it while we can.

23 hours ago, den said:

This is a very special England squad. It would be impossible to expect this standard to become the norm. Enjoy it while we can.

Like most sports, success/failure goes in cycles so you are right to say “enjoy it while we can”. However, I think the structure of cricket in England at this time is very healthy at T20 and One Day International level and should continue to be so for some time to come. As regards Test level, players need a different mentality to be able to cope with the longer game and I fear that with a lot of our top players playing the shorter versions all around the world that they might lose that “stickability” required in Test cricket. I hope I am wrong.

• Like 2

2nd T20 in South Africa tomorrow.

We got away with one last time out against an underprepared SA, Roy needs to get his act together, looking forward to it. 

I agree with Riverside above, test cricket suffers when players concentrate on the shorter game and all the riches that come with it. As a fan I’d much rather win the Ashes than any cup in the shorter game, but I love watching both forms of the game. 

On 18/10/2020 at 10:13, matt83 said:

Clear as mud. Diagrammatically it appears only the winners of group one and two go to the final. But it does say the winners of div one are county champions and the top 2 compete for bob Willis trophy but mentions nothing about how that bit happens. Having gone into division one does everyone play each other again. If so is it once or twice, home or away. 

F71DD5E4-BE7A-4835-A89E-82A0B88D8E9F.jpeg

I hope these are still four day games?

14 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Well it looked like South Africa’s 191 was going to make it a close contest but Butler and Malan just made it a walk in the park. The only negative was Malan miscalculating at the end and missing his 100.

You have to say South Africa’s bowling was mediocre, but even so - watching these guys is just awesome.

Great win by India this morning in the 1st T20 series against the ever whingeing Aussies. Good knocks by Rahul and Jadeja pulled the score up to 161-7, which looked a little light at the time. However, tight bowling and 4 wickets for just 14 runs late in the innings saw India win by 11 runs. Good to see crowds back as well, Indian supporters well outnumbering the Convicts. 

There seems to have been a bit of controversy in that win Riversider. India made a concussion substitution at the interval replacing Ravindra Jadeja with spinner Yuzvendra Chalal. Jadeja had been hit on the head batting but carries on to make 44 from 23 balls. Then Chalal bowled and took 3-25. You might assume that if concussion was an issue that he should have left the field straightaway.

56 minutes ago, only2garners said:

There seems to have been a bit of controversy in that win Riversider. India made a concussion substitution at the interval replacing Ravindra Jadeja with spinner Yuzvendra Chalal. Jadeja had been hit on the head batting but carries on to make 44 from 23 balls. Then Chalal bowled and took 3-25. You might assume that if concussion was an issue that he should have left the field straightaway.

You are quite right. Jadeva should have gone off for a concussion assessment straightaway. If that had happened, the India score may have been a fair bit lower. You can understand Justin Langer’s frustration when he was told the situation by David Boon, the match referee. However, as an England supporter, I have very little sympathy with the Down Under cheating bar stewards. 

• Like 1