BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Sri Lanka bowled out for 135 just before tea on the first day. Broad bowled well for 3 wickets, Bess will surely never have an easier five-for and the SL batting was pretty woeful. Surely England can't lose this from here?🤐

I've seen some awful batting displays in my time, but this was right up there ojf.

The Sri Lankans aren't in a good place at the moment, we should win this one easily. 

• Like 1

Sri Lanka were much better this innings. That first innings was absolutely appalling.

Still remain unconvinced by Bess and leach as spinners. Looking forward to the India tour Kohli will bat all day, the next day and the day after against them. Could probably do it left handed.

• Like 2

Huge day in the 4th test of Aussies v India coming up early tomorrow morning.Its 1-1 going into the final day of the series,India need 324 to win with all 10 wickets left,playing at the GABBA where the Aussies havent lost a test since 1988,undefeated in 32 games since the last loss there.

• Like 4

• Backroom

Thanks for heads up. Didn't know that. Will probably watch first few hours.

Despite our owners I'm going team India. No better sight than a frustrated aussie when a cricket match starts slipping away. 😀

Been chippy this test series too right. I'll be trying to listen in on the stump mics.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silas said:

Thanks for heads up. Didn't know that. Will probably watch first few hours.

Despite our owners I'm going team India. No better sight than a frustrated aussie when a cricket match starts slipping away. 😀

Been chippy this test series too right. I'll be trying to listen in on the stump mics.

Tim Paine doing the Aussie thing of going too far with some of the sledging and Smith accused of scuffing up batsmans markings during India second innings in the last test,just the usual stuff expected from the Aussies.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gav said:

On home soil yes.

But it’s not the spinners that worry me chaddy.

Exactly right. 3 terrific pacemen, hard wickets, plenty of bounce----all seem to demoralise our batsmen no matter how well they have done in the lead-up to an Ashes series.

Also bowlers like Broad and Anderson, who are outstanding in England lack penetration over there.

You have to be very quick or not bother. As I write Sharma out for 7----Cummins!

Edited by 47er

1 hour ago, Darrenbot said:

Tim Paine doing the Aussie thing of going too far with some of the sledging and Smith accused of scuffing up batsmans markings during India second innings in the last test,just the usual stuff expected from the Aussies.

I know he irritates me when he's constantly picked up by the stump mic.

It should be muted when he comes up to the wicket, they can still record so pick up his OZ style politeness in case he goes too far.

Terrific performance by India to chase down 330 and win at the Gabba, the first visiting side to win there in 30-odd years, and easily the highest successful run chase there.

Pretty amazing series win for the Indians considering they were bowled out for 36 in the first test.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Terrific performance by India to chase down 330 and win at the Gabba, the first visiting side to win there in 30-odd years, and easily the highest successful run chase there.

Pretty amazing series win for the Indians considering they were bowled out for 36 in the first test.

Superb effort.

I was reading a report in the paper at the weekend, some of the Indian players have been racially abused fielding on the boundary, not sure if it was this test or the last.

We have many problems in this country with racism, but racist abuse at a cricket match isn't one of them, disgusting. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gav said:

Superb effort.

I was reading a report in the paper at the weekend, some of the Indian players have been racially abused fielding on the boundary, not sure if it was this test or the last.

We have many problems in this country with racism, but racist abuse at a cricket match isn't one of them, disgusting. 

No hiding place in socially distanced crowds, you can hear it more clearly and point out the scummy culprits as well.

11 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

They're the only team I know that are both bad losers and bad winners.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Well played India - a brilliant effort. Never expected that. It's always gratifying to see the convicts lose at any sport - especially on their own middin

What do you think about Englands chances in the Ashes this winter Jim?

I still think we're miles away from challenging them on home soil.