BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

This series has been a total car crash. Should have been 5-0. We've lost this test by an innings in three days. Absolutely effing pathetic.

Duckett and Pope are simply nowhere near good enough. One fortuitous innings each out of 10. Front line batsmen? Front line effing garbage. Crawley has huffed and puffed, puffed and huffed, the obligatory beautiful cover drive, but has the concentration of a teenager, or 6 week old labrador and clearly should be batting at four or five. No one will convince me hes not thick as pig shit. Root played like he was on crack, meths, skunk and diazepan for three tests. Effing hysterical if your one of 2 billion joyous Indians. Unfortunately I'm not. Some of those ridiculous shots he played were unforgivable. Then suprise, suprise he started scoring heavily again when he played his natural game. Shock, horror. Wheres his scoop gone the last two weeks? Tit. Stokes as a test batsmen simply isn't good enough, shuffling indecisively about his crease. Hes averagine less than 20 this series! My effing next door neighbour could do that and she's at least 75. At least! Probably nearer 85 although I've never enquired. That why I cut her lawn. Bairstow with his childish across the line run a ball stupid scores of 30. Neither use or effing ornament. Gormless Yorkshire twit. Argghhhhh!!! Foakes with his dominant right hand chipping to short mid-wicket every other dismissal like a total effing numpty. What the fack. Its like groundhog day watching him get 20+. And the longest ever tail since Caddick, Mullaly, Tufnell and Giddens. But without the laughs at Caddicks long barrier and Tufnells stoned lack of bravery. I'd rather watch Willis and Malcolm. Useless. Totally effing useless. The lot of them. So, so disappointing.

Occupy the crease. Take the shine off the ball. Tire out the bowlers. Let the moisture dry out of the wicket. Play on the ground. Protect your castle. Play straight. Rotate the strike. I'm talking to myself.

Scoop. Reverse sweep. Play across the line. Play in the air. Get out. Lose the match. Yippee!!!

Boycott once scored over 200+, batted for three days and was dropped for slow scoring. Thou shall not pass. Oh for some of his effing guts amongst these pathetic snowflakes.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, onlyonejackwalker said:

This series has been a total car crash. Should have been 5-0. We've lost this test by an innings in three days. Absolutely effing pathetic.

Duckett and Pope are simply nowhere near good enough. One fortuitous innings each out of 10. Front line batsmen? Front line effing garbage. Crawley has huffed and puffed, puffed and huffed, the obligatory beautiful cover drive, but has the concentration of a teenager, or 6 week old labrador and clearly should be batting at four or five. No one will convince me hes not thick as pig shit. Root played like he was on crack, meths, skunk and diazepan for three tests. Effing hysterical if your one of 2 billion joyous Indians. Unfortunately I'm not. Some of those ridiculous shots he played were unforgivable. Then suprise, suprise he started scoring heavily again when he played his natural game. Shock, horror. Wheres his scoop gone the last two weeks? Tit. Stokes as a test batsmen simply isn't good enough, shuffling indecisively about his crease. Hes averagine less than 20 this series! My effing next door neighbour could do that and she's at least 75. At least! Probably nearer 85 although I've never enquired. That why I cut her lawn. Bairstow with his childish across the line run a ball stupid scores of 30. Neither use or effing ornament. Gormless Yorkshire twit. Argghhhhh!!! Foakes with his dominant right hand chipping to short mid-wicket every other dismissal like a total effing numpty. What the fack. Its like groundhog day watching him get 20+. And the longest ever tail since Caddick, Mullaly, Tufnell and Giddens. But without the laughs at Caddicks long barrier and Tufnells stoned lack of bravery. I'd rather watch Willis and Malcolm. Useless. Totally effing useless. The lot of them. So, so disappointing.

Occupy the crease. Take the shine off the ball. Tire out the bowlers. Let the moisture dry out of the wicket. Play on the ground. Protect your castle. Play straight. Rotate the strike. I'm talking to myself.

Scoop. Reverse sweep. Play across the line. Play in the air. Get out. Lose the match. Yippee!!!

Boycott once scored over 200+, batted for three days and was dropped for slow scoring. Thou shall not pass. Oh for some of his effing guts amongst these pathetic snowflakes.

Absolutely marvellous 

But far too long for the Netflix generation 

Can you do a T20 version? 

• Like 1

Lets be honest that winning in India is a toughest task in World test cricket. 

I do think it is time we move on from Bairstow in the test team and he just plays white ball cricket. Probably Foakes aswell. 

I would bring Brook in at 5 and look for a new test keeper. 

On the bowling front, Jimmy Anderson is simply world class player. Bashir and Hartley will improving and hopefully continue their development now

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Lets be honest that winning in India is a toughest task in World test cricket. 

I do think it is time we move on from Bairstow in the test team and he just plays white ball cricket. Probably Foakes aswell. 

I would bring Brook in at 5 and look for a new test keeper. 

On the bowling front, Jimmy Anderson is simply world class player. Bashir and Hartley will improving and hopefully continue their development now

Yes its a tough series. Hence why you need to be committed and focused. Prepared and ready for the challenge ahead. What a crap gameplan we employed.

Crawley gets a pass. Technically he's not good enough to open, has not reached three figures in any innings, but has consistently made runs and is worth his place in the team.

Root is obviously good enough, bit I challenge anyone to justify why any other batsmen should remain in the side. 

Two new openers. Promote Root to bat at 3. Crawley at 4. Brook 5. Stokes at 6 or 7 as long as he is bowling as well. Batsman wicketkeeper at 6 or 7. Bowling all rounder at 8, like a Moeen Ali.

8 batsmen and 6 bowlers. Sacrifice a dedicated keeper.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, onlyonejackwalker said:

Yes its a tough series. Hence why you need to be committed and focused. Prepared and ready for the challenge ahead. What a crap gameplan we employed.

Crawley gets a pass. Technically he's not good enough to open, has not reached three figures in any innings, but has consistently made runs and is worth his place in the team.

Root is obviously good enough, bit I challenge anyone to justify why any other batsmen should remain in the side. 

Two new openers. Promote Root to bat at 3. Crawley at 4. Brook 5. Stokes at 6 or 7 as long as he is bowling as well. Batsman wicketkeeper at 6 or 7. Bowling all rounder at 8, like a Moeen Ali.

8 batsmen and 6 bowlers. Sacrifice a dedicated keeper.

on the team , I am happy with Crawley, Duckett , Pope, Root, Brook and Stokes as my top 6. We need to find wicket keeper batsman who can perform as top class keeper and good quality batsman. But they need to perform and score runs and lots of them to keep their place in the team

Then 3 fast bowlers and good spinner like either Hartley or Bashir who bowled done well. 

• 4 weeks later...

Possible Essex might force a result, but all other games heading for draws. Derbyshire and Durham abandoned without a ball being bowled.

We play at new road on the 29th of September. I’ll wager that’ll be a weather related draw as well. There’s a reason cricket is supposed to be a summer sport not a spring/autumn sport.

It’s one thing to try and promote the 16.4 but in their relentless crusade to avoid it being a total flop they’ve totally abandoned the 50 overs competition, fucked over the county championship, undermined the t20 and don’t play international or any form of proper cricket in the peak summer months.

The ECB need stringing up. 

• Like 1

IMG_2637.thumb.png.5771f828303da0690f1cc2fc9dd27f53.png

I hope cricket Australia say it does count. Serves Lancs right. It was braindead selecting him when had already lost a full day before naming the xi and likely 2 other days. Actions have consequences a lesson Lancs don’t seem able or willing to learn in a lot of areas.

• Like 1

Warwickshire 443-1 against a good Durham bowling attack. The ECB are further ruining the game insisting on these “good” pitches. On the one hand they insist on the hundred to make the game fast, sexy and entertaining. On the other hand they’re feeding the narrative of cricket being dull by creating pitches where every match is a draw

and that’s in April conditions. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 1

Also why on earth are we playing with a kookaburra ball. Why can’t we just be proud of our own game. There’s surely a happy medium between medium pace dollopers taking 50 wickets a year and this shite they’re serving up where it’s impossibly to take a wicket and a complete snorefest. Death by Strauss. 

• Like 1

On 08/04/2024 at 15:53, matt83 said:

IMG_2637.thumb.png.5771f828303da0690f1cc2fc9dd27f53.png

I hope cricket Australia say it does count. Serves Lancs right. It was braindead selecting him when had already lost a full day before naming the xi and likely 2 other days. Actions have consequences a lesson Lancs don’t seem able or willing to learn in a lot of areas.

And I hope Lancs don't pay him.