BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

His family are all in the Midlands and he was living away from them for most of the season - it's more about family than money.

No matter what county you run, you are going to be away from home for 1/2 a season at least.

Plus do you think he would turn down the England job, where you spend 6 months out of the country?

I cynically think Lancashire are more concerned with spending money on fancy towels in the new hotel than providing funds to improve the squad.

I don't even think that's that cynical.

I think it's been that way for a while. It would be interesting to see where they make most of the money. I'd hazard a guess the biggest money spinner is a concert.

Who could forget the time a few years ago when there was a concert before a Championship match and the pitch got so mashed up that most of the game didn't even go ahead. I think it was against Shane Warne's Hants if memory serves correct.

Edited by Husky

I don't even think that's that cynical.

I think it's been that way for a while. It would be interesting to see where they make most of the money. I'd hazard a guess the biggest money spinner is a concert.

Who could forget the time a few years ago when there was a concert before a Championship match and the pitch got so mashed up that most of the game didn't even go ahead. I think it was against Shane Warne's Hants if memory serves correct.

Contrary to popular belief LCCC doesn't stand for Lancashire county cricket club it actually stands for Lancashire concerts corporate and conferences.

That said I'd rather us be financially sound through external means than say Durham who are on their arse financially but at some stage I'd like to see a little cash redirected in the way of the playing/coaching staff.

• 3 weeks later...

How do you score 350, get the opposition 4 down early on, and yet never look like winning the Game?

Didn't look like England had a plan on how to stem the flow of runs, or get individual batsmen out.

• 2 weeks later...

I see lancs have signed chanderpaul and vilas. So lost petersen and smith but gained maclaren, chanderpaul and vilas. It's definitely a start. Can't say as I've heard of vilas and will be interested to see how a 42 year old chanderpaul gets on but moving in the right direction at least. Been needed for years.

Chiv averages 40 odd in first class cricket but think it's key for our younger lads like davies, jones, Livingston even hameed as he's a lot of experience to pass on. Plus he scored a century yesterday in first-class West Indies cricket, his third in five weeks so not done just yet.

With champions trophy we should have Anderson until mid-July as well.

So hopefully few more faces. An opener and bowling all-rounder would be useful

I see lancs have signed chanderpaul and vilas. So lost petersen and smith but gained maclaren, chanderpaul and vilas. It's definitely a start. Can't say as I've heard of vilas and will be interested to see how a 42 year old chanderpaul gets on but moving in the right direction at least. Been needed for years.

Chiv averages 40 odd in first class cricket but think it's key for our younger lads like davies, jones, Livingston even hameed as he's a lot of experience to pass on. Plus he scored a century yesterday in first-class West Indies cricket, his third in five weeks so not done just yet.

With champions trophy we should have Anderson until mid-July as well.

So hopefully few more faces. An opener and bowling all-rounder would be useful

Dane Vilas is a good player, he will, or at least should do well on the pitches over there

Just bought tickets for the lancs/yorks T20. Two years ago an adult ticket was £15, now it's £25. The powers that be need to be careful with this trend. A big part of the attraction was entertainment at a good price.

having said that, family stand prices are £20 for an adult and £5 for an under 18. These tickets are only available in one stand though as far as I'm aware.

18 hours ago, den said:

Just bought tickets for the lancs/yorks T20. Two years ago an adult ticket was £15, now it's £25. The powers that be need to be careful with this trend. A big part of the attraction was entertainment at a good price.

having said that, family stand prices are £20 for an adult and £5 for an under 18. These tickets are only available in one stand though as far as I'm aware.

Yeah I agree. They need to be careful not to kill the goose that lays the golden egg. When we first went to t20 finals day in 2005 at the oval when Lancs got there the entire thing cost £15 ish now a finals day ticket will set you back £60.

I bought myself/the old man a one day membership (t20/50 overs only) which was £95 and mine was £135. Not sure I'll get most out of mine with midweek 50 overs stuff but in the context of giving up my rovers season ticket which was about £350 still saved over £100 on 2 lancs memberships for something I'm actually happy to watch. 
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rott appointed as England test captain and Stokes vice captain.

But Morgan give up on the one day and 20/20 captain or keep it till after the world cup then Root takes the lot

Was that a typo or are you having a dig at Root Chaddy? Personally I would not have appointed him. Not that I don't think that he is a capable captain but we depend in him most matches to score the runs and sometimes the responsibility of captaining the side affects their form. I hope it does not in Cook's case.

5 hours ago, Al said:

Was that a typo or are you having a dig at Root Chaddy? Personally I would not have appointed him. Not that I don't think that he is a capable captain but we depend in him most matches to score the runs and sometimes the responsibility of captaining the side affects their form. I hope it does not in Cook's case.

A typo. Big fan of Root. He was right choice for me. But I think he should captain of the all lot. 

Need to decide who opens and who bat at number 4? Plus who is going to bat 5 and 7?

Plus is Ali or Rashid going to be 1st choice spinner?

I think Jennings will opener with Hameed at number 3 and Root at 4 with Bairstow at 5. Stokes at 6 Buttler in at 7. then Woakes, Board and Anderson as fast bowlers with Rashid as 1st choice spinner.

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Need to decide who opens and who bat at number 4? Plus who is going to bat 5 and 7?

Plus is Ali or Rashid going to be 1st choice spinner?

I think Jennings will opener with Hameed at number 3 and Root at 4 with Bairstow at 5. Stokes at 6 Buttler in at 7. then Woakes, Board and Anderson as fast bowlers with Rashid as 1st choice spinner.

Even though he is no longer captain surely Cook is well worth including in the test team.

EDIT - Having re read your post I have realised that you probably assumed that Cook would open (with Jennings).

Edited by Al
See above

Statistically, captaincy seems to have been good for the Smith/Williamson/Kohli axis so if it has a similar impact on Root we're laughing.

As a #4, I'd hope that it has less of an effect than it would on an opener like Cook. Cannot be easy on the occasions where you're in the field for 2 days, getting pulverised, then 15 mins after the innings is over you're out there expected to concentrate on batting.

I'd be interested to know just how choreographed international cricket is these days. Considering how much more thought goes into it with set bowling and fielding plans to specific batsmen etc it may be bowling changes and fielding positions are almost done through research behind the scenes rather than the captains instincts on the day. 

Plus with the ahem "frequent toilet breaks/glove changes/bat changes" and the team orders that come down with them it could be a modern cricket captain does little more than call the toss and make the odd impromptu change when things aren't going to plan.

Either way with the limited options I think Root was the right choice. So hopefully his form doesng plummet like it did with Freddy. 

On 02/02/2017 at 6:55 AM, matt83 said:

Yeah I agree. They need to be careful not to kill the goose that lays the golden egg. When we first went to t20 finals day in 2005 at the oval when Lancs got there the entire thing cost £15 ish now a finals day ticket will set you back £60.

I got a few Ebay T20 Finals day bargains back in the day (i.e. before the legal tout site StubHub took over). It was always marketed as being 'sold out' - when it actually wasn't, meaning those that bought for profit had to drop their price a little to sell - then there was always loads of fans of teams that didn't make the final just happy to get whatever they could for their tickets.

I paid £16.33 for a £50 ticket a few years back. Though paying full ticket price and factoring in travel, food and possibly even accommodation. T20 is becoming a bit of a rich football fan sport and not just for finals day - as OT is a bit of a mission from Blackburn.

Edited by Husky