BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

42 minutes ago, den said:

Don't see Hales as a test cricketer to be honest.

Agreed especially as opener. Too loose outside off stump and susceptible to anything nipping back.

2, 3 and 5 have been a problem for ages in this England team. I think Cook has had 11 opening partners since Strauss, maybe more now.

I must say I feel I have been very lucky this last few years after 20 / 25 years years of test match misery growing up. The Windies dominated world cricket in the 1980's and then that Aussie team, took over for 15 years or so. Cook, Pieterson, Flintoff, Anderson, Broad and Root are either world class or have had some genuinely world class moments.

A quick word about Ali. Time and time again he demonstrates what a nice little player he is and apparently a top bloke to boot!

• Like 1

This is probably a result of the improved financial position at Lancashire, as I was hearing about last night at a Bondholders' meeting. A solid operating profit in 2016, which should greatly increase in 2017. The new hotel now fully operational means significant off the field income. The team seem to have somewhat overachieved this year - a fairly weak team have never been in trouble of relegation as might be expected.

Lancs making hay at Durhams financial plight.

Some strong words from the club today. It will be very interesting how  they intend to grow the club. I like the idea of trying to use the clubs resources to try to improve the numbers playing cricket for fun, rather than just talent spotting, I have concerns Freddie is the right man to do this. I welcome him as a talisman, but I'm not sure he has the time or ability to do this.

Nice to see the club wanting to develop away from the last few decades of pretty meandering teams.

• Like 1

So if this is correct no hales and crane for Deirdre. Ballance will get his 4th and presumably final go if he flops before he could join the ranks of ramprakash, hick etc who failed to fulfil their county form on the international stage.

Ps interesting day for Lancs yesterday with restructuring behind the scenes and a couple of signings (well net one signing having lost Jarvis sadly). Early days but perhaps the penny has finally dropped that the top teams such as Yorkshire play a core of local whilst making a steady string of decent long term signings from outside. 

Edited by matt83

Glad this Stokes thing appears to be blowing over. At the end of the day he's stupid in many ways, and should face the law, however I'm not sure the guy he hit, who was threatening to bottle the gay lads would be happy in court.

I've seen videos of Gerrard doing similar, same with Lee Bowyer, Joey Barton etc... Tony Adams drink driving etc etc etc. 

• 1 month later...

Well it's time for another Ashes thread.  I predict that if Australia's fast bowlers stay healthy it will be a victory for the home side.

If not, it will be a close fought series. Both teams seam to have fairly fragile batting line ups that are overly reliant on one or two batters.

BTW for those of you who follow ladies cricket, Laura Jackson from Lancashire (and Cheshire before that) is a coach at my local team.

Welcome back pg.

England have taken Vince with a Test batting average of about 19 and two rookies in terms of international experience in Stoneman and Malan, so my hopes aren't high.

Losing Stokes was a blow - he would have given England the edge.

15 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Welcome back pg.

England have taken Vince with a Test batting average of about 19 and two rookies in terms of international experience in Stoneman and Malan, so my hopes aren't high.

Losing Stokes was a blow - he would have given England the edge.

Not too bad a day for us. The Aussies will be pleased to have seen the back of Cook and Root so cheaply. We need to dig in in the morning session tomorrow.

On the subject of Stokes do you think the Aussies would have left him at home ? 

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

11 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Not too bad a day for us. The Aussies will be pleased to have seen the back of Cook and Root so cheaply. We need to dig in in the morning session tomorrow.

On the subject of Stokes do you think the Aussies would have left him at home ? 

Not a chance. 

Good to see the new boys gets some runs but 190-4 can easily become 250-7 if they don't kick on. Ali's too high for me at No 6; Bairstow is a better bat. Ali's best position is No 8.