BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Big 9 days for Lancs at the bottom of the cc with Worcestershire then Hampshire. 

Livingstone/Parkinson in the Lions side so Croft/Parry in the 13-man squad. Personally I’d leave out Hameed and Lester and go with: Jennings, Davies, Jones, Vilas, Chanderpaul, Croft, Clark, Bailey, Mennie, Parry, Onions. But I suspect they’ll give Hameed yet another go. 

Given Worcestershire’s equally perilous position their ground staff would be mental not to produce a result pitch. In which case with the toss rules and our fragile top order, if there is any green or cloud at all, put them in. Would be nice to have the oppo on the back foot for once.

We’ve been blitzed before at Worcestershire not least of all the 2011 championship winning season when Chapple unfathomably put us in and we lost in 2 days so keep him on the bus when looking at the pitch. 

Just now, Norbert Rassragr said:

The Aussies are not the same when they can't cheat.

Ha. Different game playing within the rules. That said when their cheats and injured (smith, Warner, starc, Cummings, hazelwood) are back they’ll be a very different animal next year in the World Cup. 

2 hours ago, matt83 said:

Given Worcestershire’s equally perilous position their ground staff would be mental not to produce a result pitch. In which case with the toss rules and our fragile top order, if there is any green or cloud at all, put them in. Would be nice to have the oppo on the back foot for once.

We’ve been blitzed before at Worcestershire not least of all the 2011 championship winning season when Chapple unfathomably put us in and we lost in 2 days so keep him on the bus when looking at the pitch. 

Decent first session matt83, Worcs are five down so far.

77/0-86/5. That was shaping up to be a good day 7 overs from the end. Then trademark panicking and pretty poor. 

Hameed needs dropping for the rest of the season. Regardless how he performs in the 2nd xi. Averaged 5 before today and a 0. 

5 minutes ago, matt83 said:

77/0-86/5. That was shaping up to be a good day 7 overs from the end. Then trademark panicking and pretty poor. 

Hameed needs dropping for the rest of the season. Regardless how he performs in the 2nd xi. Averaged 5 before today and a 0. 

The worst 'Nightwatchmans' ever . . . ?

• 4 weeks later...

Nice to see Lancs winning largely due to their Lancs born players (including Blackburn Rovers fan Davies).

Unfortunately I won't be back for The Roses game . . . . It's always worth attending. They seem to put it in the fixture list when England players are made available too, to give Sky something extra to blab about.

Should be a cracking 1pt each. ?

• Like 1

On 19/07/2018 at 12:43, Husky said:

Nice to see Lancs winning largely due to their Lancs born players (including Blackburn Rovers fan Davies).

As is Liam Livingstone Husky. Check out his twitter feed.

What a finish to that match! Never in doubt! 

Man that was some game. Whoever doesn't like T20 doesn't like sport. Phew! It was almost England v Colombia again.

I haven't checked the dates, but it seems like that was the first time we've beaten Yorkshire in a short while.

There was a cracker at Birmingham too, which I followed for the last 2 overs (after Lancs finished(.

It just goes to show how crap the weather forecasts can be - the BBC weather had Durham, Birmingham, Notts and Lancs down as potential wash-outs (3 full games completed plus Lancs 14/14) where as down in Kent it was supposed to be dry all game (a no result as the 2nd innings was completely washed).

Brilliant game at OT, Lancs batted superbly and to be honest most people around me in the ground thought York's wouldn't get near that score. Begrudging credit though, we bowled poorly and they took full advantage. They where out of it with even 2 overs left, but kept at it, and to come down to the last ball was both nerve-wracking and brilliant to win.

Great win but unexpectedly nerve wracking at the half way stage. Midway through their innings they were going well but only at 80 so needed another 97. Even then I thought we’d win by 20 minimum. 

There isn’t half some faffing about in all forms of cricket. Any excuse not to play. It stopped raining about 5:45 but there was no hint of taking the covers off or mopping up standing water on the covers. Just before 7 announced the toss would be 7:15 and no play until 7:45. So by the start hadn’t rained for a full two hours. Ground staff look like they’re on a council job but when the umpires and players aren’t in any rush to start either why crack on. 

Also disappointing to see swathes of empty seats. Not just people on the concourse but big blocks of clearly unsold tickets. They talk up the limited availability and persuade people the only way they’ll get in is hospitality where they really want people. ‘Tis the Lancashire way.

9 hours ago, Husky said:

They bigged up Butler, he failed, then the local boys took over. Nice to see.

I wouldn’t say failed as was effectively run out by livi but agreed nice to see local lads doing the business particularly against a strong Yorkshire side. No excuses about their stars on international duty this time. 

Edited by matt83

6 hours ago, matt83 said:

Great win but unexpectedly nerve wracking at the half way stage. Midway through their innings they were going well but only at 80 so needed another 97. Even then I thought we’d win by 20 minimum. 

There isn’t half some faffing about in all forms of cricket. Any excuse not to play. It stopped raining about 5:45 but there was no hint of taking the covers off or mopping up standing water on the covers. Just before 7 announced the toss would be 7:15 and no play until 7:45. So by the start hadn’t rained for a full two hours. Ground staff look like they’re on a council job but when the umpires and players aren’t in any rush to start either why crack on. 

Also disappointing to see swathes of empty seats. Not just people on the concourse but big blocks of clearly unsold tickets. They talk up the limited availability and persuade people the only way they’ll get in is hospitality where they really want people. ‘Tis the Lancashire way.

Yesterday lancs said the attendance was going to be the highest ever T20 attendance outside London (apart from the final). 22000 on weren’t there? Brilliant game for sure, the crowds love this particular one, although the other T20’s at OT will probably be around the 1000 Mark? I guess lancs just have to maximise their income from this game and any tests, because the income from everything else must be pretty awful. Even so, @ £25 a ticket and £5 a pint + £1 deposit for the glass, it’s a very expensive layout for a 14 over game. 

I agree about the delayed start. We made our way to our seats at 7:20 and the players were out there warming up in perfect playing conditions. They should have been playing the game at that point. Anyway, a great day out, followed by an hour back at Wetherspoons and £2:25 a pint ?. Only other downside was my mate having his wallet stolen with £100 and a load of cards in it. 

Lancs are quite fearsome in this form of the game, long may that last.

20 hours ago, den said:

Yesterday lancs said the attendance was going to be the highest ever T20 attendance outside London (apart from the final). 22000 on weren’t there? Brilliant game for sure, the crowds love this particular one, although the other T20’s at OT will probably be around the 1000 Mark?.

Didn’t know was biggest normal game attendance outside of London. So yeah the attendance was 22,515. But as capacity currently at 26,000 with the temporary stands there was still 3,485 empty seats for a game they claimed on the tannoy vs Derbyshire was all but sold out.

I think for t20s outside of roses they expect to get 8,000. 50 overs is very poor where 1,100 turned up vs Durham on a sunny Sunday (likes of Somerset treble that). Cc probably 1,000 ish as well although with scheduling don’t get to many of those.