BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

What a joke. The DRS has been brought in to ensure fairplay, if you're against it then I can only assume you're against fairplay as well. Its very illuminating that India are the only team in the world to refuse to use it, little wonder with a team who would appeal for an lbw for something going 5 feet down the leg-side.

And Broad, Swann and Prior have never appealed when a ball has been clearly missing the stumps? Also if DRS ensures fair play why did Broad not walk when he clearly hit the ball and he knew it?

India and Pakistan don't like DRS because it is fair and there is no cause for doubt with marginal decisions. They prefer to win matches by bribing umpires or by blatant cheating.

Another statement by you in this thread that is wrong as Pakistan use DRS.

It has been brought in to ensure fairplay yet these 2 test matches clearly show how flawed the system is.

India refuse it and it's bloody good job that they do. Stops all the controversy around DRS and focuses more on the match.

Absolutely agree with this I don't particularly like the BCCI and despise their IPL product which does nothing but damage the game, but where DRS is concerned they are absolutely spot on not to use it. I hope with the shambles of the system in this series in particular other international cricket boards will come around to their way of thinking.

An

I said Pakistan don't like DRS (see below), not that they don't use it. Coupled with your ludicrous opinion about Prior and other silly statements do you know anything about cricket ?

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Cricket/CricketNews/ICC-rejects-PCB-s-DRS-reservations-during-SA-series/Article1-1029187.aspxbut

Edited by jim mk2

I said Pakistan don't like DRS (see below), not that they don't use it. Coupled with your ludicrous opinion about Prior and other silly statements do you know anything about cricket ?

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Cricket/CricketNews/ICC-rejects-PCB-s-DRS-reservations-during-SA-series/Article1-1029187.aspxbut

Prior is a good batsman but I believe that you have 6 batsmen to make runs and that you should select your best wicket keeper. And in my opinion Prior is not the best keeper in the country, just of the top of my head I can think of two better keepers in the country better than him. Already in the two games in this series Prior has dropped a few catches and missed a stumping or two, which if he does it in future games could prove crucial.

Edited by somersetrover

Guest Norbert

Prior should be off, he's had his time and Bairstow is a wicket keeper. There may be better wicketkeeper/batman options in the county game, but I don't follow it that closely.

And Broad, Swann and Prior have never appealed when a ball has been clearly missing the stumps? Also if DRS ensures fair play why did Broad not walk when he clearly hit the ball and he knew it?

Absolutely agree with this I don't particularly like the BCCI and despise their IPL product which does nothing but damage the game, but where DRS is concerned they are absolutely spot on not to use it. I hope with the shambles of the system in this series in particular other international cricket boards will come around to their way of thinking.

Agree with you on the IPL. It is damaging the game and it has and will continue to have an adverse effect on ODI's and Test matches. However, the amount of money it generates and the players it has produced for India has seen them rise to the top of the rankings. The likes of Kohli, Jadeja, Raina, Ashwin and many more had all performed well in the IPL, for them to be recognised on the international scene.

On a more light hearted note. We know the Royal baby isn't Australian, otherwise it would have been all out by midday. ;-)

Third Test at Old Trafford. Eight years since that massive day when thousands were locked out.

My biggest fear is if England bat first and end up say 130 all out, and somehow the Aussies get a big lead and win the game. At 2-1, but with some momentum the series suddenly comes very much alive, and the way England have actually played this series you just have to wonder what mat happen next.

But I suppose this is just the scars from many a beating being picked at by my paranoid brain.

Cant wait for tomorrow, off to OT.

Oz, we need a draw from any of the 3 tests left to retain. (But yes my mind thinks the same)

Cant believe we are 2-0 and haven't played well yet. We must be brimming with confidence, whilst the Aussies are under massive pressure.

Third Test at Old Trafford. Eight years since that massive day when thousands were locked out.

My biggest fear is if England bat first and end up say 130 all out, and somehow the Aussies get a big lead and win the game. At 2-1, but with some momentum the series suddenly comes very much alive, and the way England have actually played this series you just have to wonder what mat happen next.

But I suppose this is just the scars from many a beating being picked at by my paranoid brain.

I can guarantee you that won't happen.

Can Australia make over 200?

Another shocking decision. England may well win this series but boy have they had the rub of the green.

No wonder the BCCI refrain from using such amateur technology.

Edit: Also, no surprise seeing Prior and Swann

in the midst of it. Cheating scum.

Cheating scum?

Remind me how many Indian players have now been convicted or accused of match fixing?

Another shocking decision. England may well win this series but boy have they had the rub of the green.

Edit: Also, no surprise seeing Prior and Swann in the midst of it. Cheating scum.

Hardly Cheating scum, they heard a noise and appealed, turns out it was bat on pad. The fault was with the third umpire not the players.

Edit: Also, no surprise seeing Prior and Swann in the midst of it. Cheating scum.

Prior and Swann are not cheats, nor are they "scum". This lot on the other hand......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-2056797/Pakistani-cricket-cheats-Awaiting-sentence.html

Smith out plum but not given, but "boy" are we getting the rub of the green.

Edited by jim mk2

Prior and Swann are not cheats, nor are they "scum". This lot on the other hand......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-2056797/Pakistani-cricket-cheats-Awaiting-sentence.html

Smith out plum but not given, but "boy" are we getting the rub of the green.

BCCI is Indian Cricket board, Jim. Do keep up darling.

Should have used your reviews wisely and not appealed every ball.