BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fom Livingstone's disinterested and limp coin toss up, our poor initial fielding it just got worse.

50 runs conceeded of 2 over, Livingstone early on and Lester late, and maybe 12 runs given away in the field followed by 2 suicide run outs. Poor play alround. 

Jennings ok but never going to threaten too much, Parkinson is good.

• Like 1

Would have just about been able to make kick off .. . . . but the hunger was too much. Only had breakfast as beer didn't count as early lunch ?

Couldn't handle the prospect of paying for 2 live defeats in the same day.

As for the cricket, well I'm sure those that port here watched it, there's nothing to say apart from it was diabolical. Also a bit embarrassing how we made Ali look like Muttiah Muralitharan - far too much respect given, basically let him dictate his whole 4 overs.

Loads and loads of empty seats, I know that some of them were probably because some Sussex and Somerset fans hadn't arrived, but still, I fail to see how that could have been anywhere near a sell-out crowd-wise. There is definitely something dodgy going on with these 'sold out games', I swear there must be a significant amount wasted on corporates that can't be bothered or simply don't want to go.

The only good news was that I actually paid £40 for a ticket - which was less than I would have got one for had I bought officially after Lanc's quarter final (though that's still far too much when you lose). Just seen that the 2nd game was an even more one-sided affair - I wonder how excited the 'neutrals' were by both games. Surely nobody sober could have enjoyed them?

Edited by Husky

On ‎11‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 16:30, chaddyrovers said:

If Root wants 6 bowlers then Ali will bat at 3. I think thats will the way he go in Sri Lanka. It will the same team apart from Burns for Cook and possible Leach for Rashid. Also Smith's comments during the test to media seems to suggest Jennings will go to Sri Lanka. 

I dont see many County players who are openers scoring lots of runs apart from Burns. Gubbins has been injured this summer so not played as many as he come off done. Can you suggest a couple of openers who deserve to be in the squad ahead of Jennings in terms of runs and quality apart from Burns? Ive just a quick look through and cant see anyone who has scored lots of runs and average aswell. 

My team for Sri Lanka

Burns Jennings Bairstow Root(c) Pope Stokes Buttler(wk) Ali Leach Broad Anderson. 

The rest of squad imo will be Vince, Curran, Woakes, Porter, Rashid

Any response to this question @jim mk2 or it is the case you don't have a clue and cant answer it? 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Any response to this question @jim mk2 or it is the case you don't have a clue and cant answer it? 

Message to the clueless one. Same answer as before.

With Cook's retirement, England don't have any decent 1, 2  or 3 and will be forced to play substandard players such as Jennings or a team or No 6s out of position, such as Mooen, who is a natural No 8.

4 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Message to the clueless one. Same answer as before.

With Cook's retirement, England don't have any decent 1, 2  or 3 and will be forced to play substandard players such as Jennings or a team or No 6s out of position, such as Mooen, who is a natural No 8.

so names me these players who are good enough to bat in these positions which you never did Jim and still haven't answered the question I asked. 

no need for the first sentence Jim. 

To repeat and spell it out in words of one syllable,  in my opinion we don't have a Test-class standard 1, 2 or 3. Now that Cook has quit there doesn't appear to be any good enough in the county game to come in to replace him;  Burns has been mentioned but he's got an odd technique and even if he comes off we still need 2 more quality players at the top of the order from somewhere. Playing makeshift players like Moeen in the top 3 won't work against the best bowlers. I saw Hales make an excellent 100 in a Lord's Test against Sri Lanka a few years back; no one has done any better since he was dropped so he might be worth a sustained run in the side - can't be any worse than Roy, Jennings and all the other useless players they've tried.  It wasn't me who made silly clueless references in the first place. 

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

To repeat and spell it out in words of one syllable,  in my opinion we don't have a Test-class standard 1, 2 or 3. Now that Cook has quit there doesn't appear to be any good enough in the county game to come in to replace him;  Burns has been mentioned but he's got an odd technique and even if he comes off we still need 2 more quality players at the top of the order from somewhere. Playing makeshift players like Moeen in the top 3 won't work against the best bowlers. I saw Hales make an excellent 100 in a Lord's Test against Sri Lanka a few years back; no one has done any better since he was dropped so he might be worth a sustained run in the side - can't be any worse than Roy, Jennings and all the other useless players they've tried.  It wasn't me who made silly clueless references in the first place. 

firstly, Roy hasn't even played test cricket, so clearly you don't know what you are on about Jim. 

on Burns technique might be odd so is Dean Elgar who has make a good test cricket for himself. Graeme Smith also did. 

so basically you cannot name me any better players in the county game who could take Jennings place. Well done Jim, another pointless debate with someone who doesn't have a clue

firstly, Roy hasn't even played test cricket, so clearly you don't know what you are on about Jim. 

on Burns technique might be odd so is Dean Elgar who has make a good test cricket for himself. Graeme Smith also did. 

so basically you cannot name me any better players in the county game who could take Jennings place. Well done Jim, another pointless debate with someone who doesn't have a clue

Elgar and Smith are ugly batsmen but their techniques are/were sound.  I've said the county cupboard appears to be bare but that doesn't mean Jennings should go on tour this winter as he looks to be no better than any of the others they've tried. England still need a 1, 2 and 3 and they'd better find them quickly or we can forget winning back the Ashes next summer. I'm afraid your knowledge of cricket matches your knowledge of football and politics - a big fat zero. If you''d ever played cricket (which you clearly haven't because you wouldn't spout such nonsense), you'd be a walking wicket. 

Edited by jim mk2

Just now, Husky said:

Bell at number 3? There's nobody else coming through - and he's one of only 2 players to have currently passed 1000 runs for the season (though I'm not sure if the selectors count runs scored in the 2nd division).

Bell's been one of my favourite players in the past. There's a clear case for recalling him based on form and ability but I doubt it would happen. 

17 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Elgar and Smith are ugly batsmen but their techniques are/were sound.  I've said the county cupboard appears to be bare but that doesn't mean Jennings should go on tour this winter as he looks to be no better than any of the others they've tried. England still need a 1, 2 and 3 and they'd better find them quickly or we can forget winning back the Ashes next summer. I'm afraid your knowledge of cricket matches your knowledge of football and politics - a big fat zero. If you''d ever played cricket (which you clearly haven't because you wouldn't spout such nonsense), you'd be a walking wicket. 

My cricket kniwledge? Look at yours thinking Roy has played test cricket which he hasnt. 

Maybe look at yourself in the mirror 1st before slagging off others. 

I gave you a name but as per usual Jim you cannot so the debate was pointless. 

We will win the Ashes next summer just like I said we would beat India. Fancy a 20 pounds charity bet on us winning the Ashes? I give you the draw and Aussies? 

On the basis in Sri Lanka’s last game Herath, Dananjaya and Perera took all 20 wickets vs sa it’s fairly safe to assume they will produce a pitch turning sideways. That being the case it’s not going to be one for our seamers or batsmen for that matter. In which case I’d also go with 3 spinners.

It’ll be a poor side regardless. If Denly with his mighty 35 div 2 average gets picked, or whichever square peg plays, 1-3 will be about as grim as I’ve ever seen for an England test side.