BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Cheating scum?

Remind me how many Indian players have now been convicted or accused of match fixing?

None. Those that have been, haven't played for the Indian Cricket team and have been penalised whilst playing for their clubs.

Let's not forget about the ball tampering the English got away with. It was a different story when they accused the Pakistan team when they visited England.

Anyway, England showing once again why they lack so much depth in the team. Anderson cannot get the ball to swing and that has nullified 90% of the England bowling attack.

Swann is a hypocritical scumbag too. Like I posted earlier in the thread, see he comments on the Sri Lankan lad for not walking.

Great day out at OT, extremely hot, great day for Aussies on a flat batting wicket. Suspect if its more overcast tomorrow it wont be so easy. Aussies played well, but since the ball was doing nothing England quickly ran out of ideas. Suspect the decision to tale the new ball was a poor decision, would have been better to wait till last couple of overs or morning.

Great day out at OT, extremely hot, great day for Aussies on a flat batting wicket. Suspect if its more overcast tomorrow it wont be so easy. Aussies played well, but since the ball was doing nothing England quickly ran out of ideas. Suspect the decision to tale the new ball was a poor decision, would have been better to wait till last couple of overs or morning.

Just a shame that they have destroyed what was a wonderful ground and they have ruined what was the most beautiful pavilion in cricket.

Bob Willis currently at his best slaughtering the umpires on The Verdict, such a shame sky don't have him commentate on home tests. He was brilliant in NZ and he is much better commentator than the likes of Lloyd, Hussain, Atherton and Strauss.

Yeah, looking at the weather forecast that was a great toss to win.

Given the chance of rain interupptions then England simply need to stay in for as long as possible rather than knock up a big score. We need a dull meandering draw rather than a spectacle to kill the series off. Whether that stubborn resistance is strong enough in the psyche of our batsman I don't know but we will find out. Also might be interesting to know if the TCCB consider retaining the ashes more important then ensuring good gates, maximising TV revenue, keeping sponsors and advertisers happy etc etc for the last two matches. I don't think in modern day cricket thatb the answer is all that straightforward. :glare:

Edited by thenodrog

Given the chance of rain interupptions then England simply need to stay in for as long as possible rather than knock up a big score. We need a dull meandering draw rather than a spectacle to kill the series off. Whether that stubborn resistance is strong enough in the psyche of our batsman I don't know but we will find out. Also might be interesting to know if the TCCB consider retaining the ashes more important then ensuring good gates, maximising TV revenue, keeping sponsors and advertisers happy etc etc for the last two matches. I don't think in modern day cricket thatb the answer is all that straightforward. :glare:

Stubborness i think is a decent attribute for our batsmen, i can only think of KP who cannot resist an odd swipe.

Thank you Richie. Seeing as you know sweet FA about cricket which newspaper did you lift that from ?

Cricket as you say is not my strong point and maybe I should refrain from giving an opinion...... however you know the square root of sweet FA about most other important issues but it doesn't stop you giving your intellectually derelict and badly skewed opinions on them nearly always accompanied with lots of personal criticism to just about everybody else on here.

Edited by thenodrog
  • Like 1

Guest Norbert

Looks like this test may be the 'blip' like Perth last time it was down there. Tomorrow will be the most crucial day. If Cook and Trott can just plod away, accumilating the runs then it is likely to be a draw. If the Aussies get 1 or 2 in the first hour, then they'll probably win.

Looks like this test may be the 'blip' like Perth last time it was down there. Tomorrow will be the most crucial day. If Cook and Trott can just plod away, accumilating the runs then it is likely to be a draw. If the Aussies get 1 or 2 in the first hour, then they'll probably win.

I expect that you'll likely attract a withering comment from jim mk2 for that post Norbert.

Just had a brilliant day at Old Trafford with bellamy11. Was in stand D which can only be described as cosy!, but was sat next to a Celtic fan who had phoned up to ask if there was any tickets yesterday, and a Rovers fan next to him. Glad I took factor 50 suncream, it was boiling hot!!

England need to bat through tomorrow and get an equally big score.

• Like 1

Yeah I agree with this. Cook, Trott and Pietersen are due for a big score. If you guys can get in front on the 1st innings there is always a chance Swann can run through us in the 2nd innings leaving you a small total to chase late on the 5th day.

Guest Norbert

As it looks now, I think KP and Cook had better survive today. Then it will probably end up a draw. A couple of wickets now, and Australia are big favourites. Not sure if Australia will repeat their previous collapses.