BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

11 hours ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Excellent day at OT today. Demolished Durham, and a healthy 13,700 on. The England factor lives on!

That’s a very good crowd on for a non roses game. Kids for a quid deal exactly as it should be. Rather than have 10,000 empty seats get the next generation involved. 

Hope the ECB are taking note of those numbers and this 100 thing tanks. 

Edited by matt83

7 hours ago, matt83 said:

That’s a very good crowd on for a non roses game. Kids for a quid deal exactly as it should be. Rather than have 10,000 empty seats get the next generation involved. 

Hope the ECB are taking note of those numbers and this 100 thing tanks. 

I think my unreserved seat in the top tier of stand C, brilliant view, £10. Best non-Roses crowd for a 20/20. Real ale on (£5/pint), good selection of foods. Altogether a really pleasant experience. And loads of kids there. Waggott, take note!

18 hours ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

I think my unreserved seat in the top tier of stand C, brilliant view, £10. Best non-Roses crowd for a 20/20. Real ale on (£5/pint), good selection of foods. Altogether a really pleasant experience. And loads of kids there. Waggott, take note!

Good to hear it.

Usually lancs buckle under the weight of any sort of crowd. Particularly in the side of the ground you were in. Massive beer queues are usually a minimum. But its ridiculous things like not opening all the turnstiles at the end. Unless you’re exiting on to great stone rd they funnel pretty much that whole half of the ground through one turnstile on to Brian statham way through the narrow concourse behind family stand.

I really think lancs and Rovers are very similar need to learn lessons from experiences everyone else thinks are mere goes without saying things. 

Always hated Lords (Lancs in the 90s aside). Seen as though, in my opinion, by and large they're not cricket fans rather the spill over from Henley Regatta or Wimbledon. Not so much whether England win but how far you can get your champagne cork on to the outfield. Having watched England on 5 continents and unfortunately with Lords being the home of cricket thought would watch England there. Even vs the Irish. 2 things have pissed me off already:

7EFAFAF4-F1F0-4288-B016-203D75F7A8AD.jpeg

50EAA196-0FC9-43F3-8DEB-5341ED599EB9.jpeg

Certainly haven't bought their picnic at £130 when the ticket is £20. I’ll also abide by their dress code on one of the hottest days of the year in a city that smells like sewage at the best of times but we’ll be very much making our northern presence felt. Pretentious barrow boys. 

• Like 1

Is that very different from many other club houses and their dress codes - I remember when my nephew played the Lytham Green Drive Open, we'd dropped him off at the course and went to do the tourist bit around Blackpool, when we returned to find he'd won but we couldn't go to watch the presentation because we were not correctly dressed, Plus I'm at work this morning in the City and there's certainly not a smell of sewage here. 

Just now, oldjamfan1 said:

England often have these innings in them. Hopefully get it out of the way before the Ashes...... 

Hope so. I don’t think messrs stark Cummings and hazelwood will be too concerned watching this. Different players in front of a red ball. 

• Like 1

A slightly better day today for England (to say the least). Night watchman Leach possibly on his way to a ton?

Edit - sorry young man I jinxed you!

Big match in Yaaaarkshire tonight as well......

Edited by oldjamfan1