BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

DRS must be the best thing to ever happen to cricket. What it has highlighted (particularly in this Ashes series) is how shocking some of the umpiring is.

There might even be justification for expunging all records before the review system came into play. Just think about all those careers made and ruined by dodgy decisions.

There must be an element of umpiring getting worse since DRS came in though.  In the early days of DRS you never got an zLBW decision overturned but now it happens all the time.  The 1st test was shocking, they got as many wrong as they got right.

another great days play yesterday, Archer is the best thing to happen to England for years and at exactly the right time with Anderson getting on a bit.

Nervous first session today, if we can just bat sensibly early on ....  We all know it will be 80 for 4 at lunch though.

It was frustrating watching yesterday. On, off, on off and the thing that frustrated me the most was Archer. At Lords we saw him bowling regularly at 90+ mph. Yesterday until the last session we were watching him bowling at 83/85 mph. I don’t think he got up and around 90 until that last session. It was particularly frustrating seeing that,because at that time the Aussies were steaming along at 130/2 and going at four an over. I know that nobody can bowl at 90/95 all the time, but it was either the game plan or he still hadn’t recovered from Lords. Now that’s a strange observation considering he finished with 6 wickets ?.

The ball swung and moved off the wicket all day long. I expect there’ll still be movement today even in drier conditions so England won’t find it at all easy. Good bowling side the Aussies. 

Today is massive in the destiny of the ashes. If England get skittles out cheaply - 30 or 40 short of the Aussies score, the ashes are almost gone. England really need to get past the 300 mark.

Edited by den

1 hour ago, den said:

It was frustrating watching yesterday. On, off, on off and the thing that frustrated me the most was Archer. At Lords we saw him bowling regularly at 90+ mph. Yesterday until the last session we were watching him bowling at 83/85 mph. I don’t think he got up and around 90 until that last session. It was particularly frustrating seeing that,because at that time the Aussies were steaming along at 130/2 and going at four an over. I know that nobody can bowl at 90/95 all the time, but it was either the game plan or he still hadn’t recovered from Lords. Now that’s a strange observation considering he finished with 6 wickets ?.

The ball swung and moved off the wicket all day long. I expect there’ll still be movement today even in drier conditions so England won’t find it at all easy. Good bowling side the Aussies. 

Today is massive in the destiny of the ashes. If England get skittles out cheaply - 30 or 40 short of the Aussies score, the ashes are almost gone. England really need to get past the 300 mark.

It was quite deliberate of Archer to bowl slightly slower than at Lords, and it just shows you what an intelligent cricketer he is. I'm surprised Archer frustrated you yesterday den, you must be a pretty difficult fella to please! Woakes and Stokes were the two that frustrated me.

Just now, oldjamfan1 said:

It was quite deliberate of Archer to bowl slightly slower than at Lords, and it just shows you what an intelligent cricketer he is. I'm surprised Archer frustrated you yesterday den, you must be a pretty difficult fella to please! Woakes and Stokes were the two that frustrated me.

He frustrated Michael Holding as well OJ.

2 hours ago, den said:

I was there yesterday. I couldn't understand it either but Archer didn;t seem to be running at full pace - maybe because of the very soft outfield because of the rain . 

Apart from Broad and Archer, England bowled poorly overall. Australia at one stage were 130-2 on a bowling day 

Weren't any of England's batsmen watching Labuschagne who gave a demonstartion in the art of leaving the ball.

If England lose this Root has to give up the captaincy

• Like 1

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Weren't any of England's batsmen watching Labuschagne who gave a demonstartion in the art of leaving the ball.

If England lose this Root has to give up the captaincy

Root has been a poor captain for a long time - he's very weak minded.

Yesterday, during that crucial period when Woakes and Stokes were bowling some drain he just let the game slide. No speaking to the bowlers, no changing it up (even trying leech for a couple).

I think he'll get even worse now he thinks he's got a 'get out of jail free card' in Archer.

BUT, who would they choose to replace him? (Remember the England selectors are very poor).