BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Just now, Proudtobeblue&white said:

One down, the captain is due an innings (he's hit the third highest test score at OT  previously) , Overton to hit a 90, don't worry everyone!

Far more optimistic than me. I see a sub 200 score followed by 130 and an innings defeat !

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Far more optimistic than me. I see a sub 200 score followed by 130 and an innings defeat !

I'm usually a pint glass full preferably (until empty), the Manchester weather is still an issue, and the pitch can't be that bad if Paine can get a half century. Straws.....clutching!

Just now, den said:

Well I’m off in 15 mins, flask, fleece waterproof. Uncovered top tier exposed to the British weather.

looking forwards to watching Smith bat.

Wouldn't bother setting off until midday looking at the weather forecast. You might not see Smith today but you’ll probably see every English batsman twice.  

You guys watching it on tv will have had a better view than me in many ways, but one thing you don’t get a feel for on TV is pace. The Aussie fast bowling attack are quite fearsome when you see them live. They always had that aggression that England can’t match. That’s the big difference between the sides for me (apart from Smith of course). 

I though we had a match for them in Archer, but I’m coming to the conclusion that he simply can’t sustain his pace even in short four or five over spells. Whether he can attain that level of energy or stamina I’m not sure, but I really hope so.

56 minutes ago, matt83 said:

How has archer got a first class average of 30. Speaks volumes about the quality of the county championship.

How is he coming in ahead of Broad and Leech? He's as genuine a number 11 as I've ever seen at this level.

Also it's funny to see Buttler playing for his average. Giving the strike to the tailenders and hoping they get out first.

Edited by Husky