BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Just now, darrenrover said:

Teaser for The Aussies. What sort of score should they declare on and when given what we chased down at Headingly? 

They don't need to win so they won't be making any declarations that give England a chance.

I don't think England will be getting many on a genuine 5th day pitch. It's already playing up with some inconsistent bounce. ?

I think England's best chance of a draw is for Australia to bat too long. So we need to keep the scoring rate down and also take a wicket or 2 so they aren't able to go gung-ho later in the innings knowing they are almost uncertain to lose.

I would be pleased to see England bowl continually outside off stump with the Crims continually leaving the ball for the next 50 overs.

Edited by Husky

Just now, matt83 said:

From the Bairstow school of batting that one. The frustrating thing about this ashes is without Smith they’re absolutely nothing with the bat. 

I swear Smith has made some pact with Warner's Devil. He gets so much luck early on then just goes on and does the business.

The delivery that bowled Head was 91.7mph.

10 minutes ago, Husky said:

They don't need to win so they won't be making any declarations that give England a chance.

I don't think England will be getting many on a genuine 5th day pitch. It's already playing up with some inconsistent bounce. ?

I think England's best chance of a draw is for Australia to bat too long. So we need to keep the scoring rate down and also take a wicket or 2 so they aren't able to go gung-ho later in the innings knowing they are almost uncertain to lose.

I would be pleased to see England bowl continually outside off stump with the Crims continually leaving the ball for the next 50 overs.

Agree but Aussies just like to win and I'd guess they thought they'd posted enough in the last test. If we bowl them out for sub 150, anything's possible.

I decided a couple of weeks ago not to bother buying tickets for tomorrow, I'm beginning to think I may regret that now.

Just now, darrenrover said:

Agree but Aussies just like to win and I'd guess they thought they'd posted enough in the last test. If we bowl them out for sub 150, anything's possible.

I decided a couple of weeks ago not to bother buying tickets for tomorrow, I'm beginning to think I may regret that now.

Currently there are still a few available for £25 on the lccc site. Temporary party stand.

Just now, Husky said:

Currently there are still a few available for £25 on the lccc site. Temporary party stand.

I know, I was second row from the back of the same stand in last years T20 against Yorkshire. Wouldn't fancy it for a full day in mid September to be honest!

15 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Smith has won the ashes singlehandedly. Although we’ve stopped trying to get him out. Quite pathetic just to give up trying. 

I thought Root had given up at the end of their innings with that contrived finish bowling.

Well, at least there's the T20 to look forward to. Can Derbyshire make their first ever Finals Day? (the only team in the competition's 16 year history not to do it).

16 years ago since Liberty-X. Wow!

Good start this morning Roy and Denly. Both need a good score today to stay in the team post Ashes series in New Zealand and South Africa 

I don't agree with dropping Bairstow at all. 

I think Root need to go back batting at 4. 

I would like to see Ollie Pope come into the team. Foakes should be the list possible but what's his form been like this season? 

Isn't it just a little bit ironic how certain Aussies were banned for ball tampering yet in this series the rules have already seen them twice get a change of ball in a condition that cheats could only ever dream of.

As for the umpiring and that 'review'. It's quite concerning to hear a 3rd umpire say 'there's no evidence that he hit the ball' when literally every single other person can see he basically middled it. It makes you wonder what's said in the football VAR room.

Edited by Husky