Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I've heard him on BBC TMS and Sky before he is far from dull IMO. 

have Giles spoken him before Bayliss left and that why he didn't ruffle feathers. 

England need a Head coach who can coach like Bayliss but challenge Joe Root on certain things. 

Matt, who would you appoint? A coach from County game or overseas one? 

Personally I think Jason Gillespie would be a good appointment won things at Yorkshire now rebuilding Sussex. Alec Stewart little uninspiring in a jobs for the boys kind of way but think he’d be ok to be fair. Same goes for Chris Silverwood. Mickey Arthur/Gary Kirsten would be steady away from the international circuit. Mike Hesson formerly of New Zealand would be a rogue choice.

I don’t see anyone other than someone like silverwood already in the fold as bowling coach or Stewart one of the lads. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Personally I think Jason Gillespie would be a good appointment won things at Yorkshire now rebuilding Sussex. Alec Stewart little uninspiring in a jobs for the boys kind of way but think he’d be ok to be fair. Same goes for Chris Silverwood. Mickey Arthur/Gary Kirsten would be steady away from the international circuit. Mike Hesson formerly of New Zealand would be a rogue choice.

I don’t see anyone other than someone like silverwood already in the fold as bowling coach or Stewart one of the lads. 

I think People like Graham Thorpe(one of England Batsman) remain part of the coaching setup there. 

Kirsten is a very interesting name and someone ive not thought about

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somerset at home to Essex for the title decider starts tomorrow. Somerset start 12 points behind, after losing last time out to Hampshire. 

Been a great season for cricket, so far. really interested to see how this pans out. Could be Somerset's 1st county championship

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately it looks like the poor weather could turn the Championship decider into a massive anti-climax.

I hope they've prepared a 2-day wicket down there to give themselves at least a slight chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's all a bit strange playing a 'Test series that Isn't a proper test series' against the number 2 ranked team in the World. 😶

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never thought we'd get to a stage in cricket where people would be tuning it to see Somerset's no.11 bat.😊

And he hits his first two balls for 4. Classic!

Edited by Husky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Husky said:

I never thought we'd get to a stage in cricket where people would be tuning it to see Somerset's no.11 bat.😊

And he hits his first two balls for 4. Classic!

He’s a breath of fresh air. Bloody love it!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alec Stewart ruled his himself out of England head coach. 

Looking like Gary Kirsten, Graham Ford and Chris Sliverwood are in frame for England job

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched the t20 highlights. A lot of very poor shots there. 0/1 off the first ball with Bairstow chipping it to mid off giving catching practice. Vince having dropped two catches then leaves us 3/2 after slashing at a wide one to deep point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The stadium is empty. One half must be closed off entirely and the half that’s being used is half full at best. They built this stadium as the basin reserve has limited capacity. Might as well have played there as can’t be more than 10,000 in.

Would be gutted to go all the way to Wellington and end up in this McStadium over the basin reserve. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, matt83 said:

Just watched the t20 highlights. A lot of very poor shots there. 0/1 off the first ball with Bairstow chipping it to mid off giving catching practice. Vince having dropped two catches then leaves us 3/2 after slashing at a wide one to deep point. 

I stayed up to watch the game. Wasn't impress too much with certain players

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sam Billings seems to have been bang average for years, and he's already 28, surely they can't keep calling him the young prospect any more?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Husky said:

Sam Billings seems to have been bang average for years, and he's already 28, surely they can't keep calling him the young prospect any more?

 

 

Billings is someone who always gets picked and always gets an IPL team but not entirely sure why. He’s got poor batting averages and now he seems to be keeping as well. 🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Incredible score from England yesterday. 241 with 31 dot balls is some going. Plus with a slow start could have been 250+. Probably scored more in those 20 overs than we’ll score in any innings when the real stuff gets underway. 

4 wickets from Parky but he took some tap. Malan 103 from 51. But the latter just signed for Yarkshite 🤮 don’t know how they do it. Lancs crying out for an experienced no 4 as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Parkinson has bowled very well. Small boundaries in New Zealand. Morgan show alot of faith in him and thats good captaincy imo

Malan and Morgan innings were special

Chris Jordan has lead the bowling great 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/11/2019 at 09:03, matt83 said:

Incredible score from England yesterday. 241 with 31 dot balls is some going. Plus with a slow start could have been 250+. Probably scored more in those 20 overs than we’ll score in any innings when the real stuff gets underway. 

4 wickets from Parky but he took some tap. Malan 103 from 51. But the latter just signed for Yarkshite 🤮 don’t know how they do it. Lancs crying out for an experienced no 4 as well. 

They're Yorkshire. Get over it😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pity about the time zones. Too late to stay up for, too early to get up for.

All I can say is: Thank God Billings wasn't on strike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.