BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Another likely sub-par total on what by all accounts is a cracking batting wicket. Let's see how England bowl but I wouldn't be surprised to see S Africa make 450 plus, leaving England trying to save another Test. Yet more cameos by the top batsmen, 30s and 40s that should become much bigger scores. 

Silverwood's reign has not started well. 

Pretty bloody poor from England AGAIN. 

Other than perhaps the defiant pope. But this is Joe Roots England and only positivity allowed. Not in the same league but I do gag a bit after his post match conferences it’s all very Kean can’t you see what we’re trying to build here. 

Silverwood hasn't been in post for very long but the portents are not good. For one thing, he doesn't seem very lucky. Very little has gone right for England since he too over, including illnesses and injury, and the same problems with the batting (and bowling) persist. Give me a lucky coach over a good one any day. 

15 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Pretty bloody poor from England AGAIN. 

Other than perhaps the defiant pope. But this is Joe Roots England and only positivity allowed. Not in the same league but I do gag a bit after his post match conferences it’s all very Kean can’t you see what we’re trying to build here. 

Let's wait and how they bat on it first. 

Might not be the best wicket in the world

13 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Silverwood hasn't been in post for very long but the portents are not good. For one thing, he doesn't seem very lucky. Very little has gone right for England since he too over, including illnesses and injury, and the same problems with the batting (and bowling) persist. Give me a lucky coach over a good one any day. 

Far too quick to judge yet. It's been 3 and bit test matches. 

Time to judge is in 12 to 18 months 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Actually you are wrong. 

I'm actually still right. Pope has played more T20 games than first class games. Where he has a decent middle order average and swashbuckling strike rate of over 136.

If I include one day games in his stats he's played double the amount of one day games compared to Championship ones.

He showcased his T20 upbringing and class with his scoops over the wicket-keeper for Six and Four late in today's test match.

Just now, Husky said:

I'm actually still right. Pope has played more T20 games than first class games. Where he has a decent middle order average and swashbuckling strike rate of over 136.

If I include one day games in his stats he's played double the amount of one day games compared to Championship ones.

He showcased his T20 upbringing and class with his scoops over the wicket-keeper for Six and Four late in today's test match.

cos we play more twenty20 games in this country now. 

He made his name in 1st class cricket and scoring runs. 

great shots to have against the short ball? 

just been catching up with the cricket. 

excellent bowling by Anderson, Broad and Bess. 

I did say yesterday that don't judge the pitch until both teams have batted on the pitch. Isn't has good as other people thoughts or even these so called experts in the commentators box. Think it was Rob Key who yesterday said this pitch isn't as good as people thought

19 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Its time to declare and protect Sibley's great knock as a Not Out, or maybe we just rely on Broad and Jimmy not hanging around.

How good it is to see a proper opener playing a top-class Test innings.

Coupled with Stokes knocking the South African bowling attack to all parts!

• Like 2

I cannot stand Talksports coverage of the cricket, its appalling, more like a boys club get together than quality analysis and coverage.

Test match special can be a bit stuck up, some of the comments from Agnew and Co irritate at times but its so much better than talksport.