BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Yes, Root's innings yesterday  and his partnership with Sibley provided the platform for Buttler and Woakes. He may get a lot wrong but he was spot on yesterday in occupying the crease,wearing the bowlers down and putting the seeds of doubt in their minds. His captaincy was questionable at times, and his tactical choices but he got that bit right yesterday

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Well done Woaksy. Went to my school and played for the same cricket team as myself, Aston Manor. A whole 4 years older than me but remember at the time Woakes being the guy you tried to be like. 

Love every second of watching him play! 

He played some great shots on Saturday. He wasn't over shadowed by Buttler at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Crawley's inning in the 3rd test was superb. Shown a range of shots and he has worked very hard to improve his game. He himself took his self off to India and Australia to improve his game against Spin and fast bowling. Hats off to him

Anderson's bowling is still very good and deserves to be in the team even at the age of 38

• Like 2

7 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Well, is today the day that a pace bowler reaches 600 test wickets for the first time? C’mon Jimmy!!

He could have done it yesterday if the other players stopped dropping catches, he's one of the few people from Burnley i like to see doing well.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Well, is today the day that a pace bowler reaches 600 test wickets for the first time? C’mon Jimmy!!

The weather for Tuesday doesn’t look good. It could be that Jimmy may even have to wait to get his 600th in the next Test series in India next January. That would be so frustrating for him, especially after seeing all those dropped catches.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Riversider28 said:

The weather for Tuesday doesn’t look good. It could be that Jimmy may even have to wait to get his 600th in the next Test series in India next January. That would be so frustrating for him, especially after seeing all those dropped catches.

Its a great shame for Anderson didn't get it today. 

I cannot see the India test series going ahead given the current pandemic problems in India

3 hours ago, den said:

Second fastest to 600 wickets in balls bowled.

Indeed, and only second by 6 balls as well! Which is incredible and the equivalent of about a 1.5 second gap in a marathon race given that Jimmy and Kumble both bowled 30,000+ deliveries to reach 600 wickets.

• Like 1