BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

52 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Morgan's captaincy won that game. By bowling Archer and Woakes earlier than normal was a masterstroke..

It wasn’t a master stroke really, he didn’t have any choice - we needed wickets to win so you have to turn to your strike bowlers. Glad it paid off though.

• Like 1

Another brilliant turnaround by England. It wasn’t the Aussies taking their foot off the gas, just inspirational bowling by Archer, Woakes and Curran. Classic. 
Looking forward to the decider on Wednesday. 
Also, Lancs v the old enemy Monday evening in the T20. It’s been a belter of a Summer for cricket fans. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Lancs eased past the weakened Yarkshire.

IPL starts on Saturday at decent start times for me.

The result may show Lancs won easily, but I’m sure it would have been different if the Yorkies had been able to field a full strength side. Our fielding was atrocious and it was only an Aussie type collapse that restricted the Puddings score.

The win should ensure we progress through to the knock out stage, but I think it will be a much more difficult game in the return on Thursday.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Lancs eased past the weakened Yarkshire.

IPL starts on Saturday at decent start times for me.

I noticed the IPL was back Asia, from UAE, when did they sneak that back in?

Completely passed me by....but looking forward to it.

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Fixtures came out on Sept 6th after many delays due to Covid impact on teams and TV scheduling talks etc.

The UAE had always been the destination of choice once home hosting became unlikely.

Games will be played in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, and Sharjah

Download-Dream-11-IPL-2020-Schedule-Image.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Yes, the IPL starts this Saturday in the UAE. There are 3 bio-secure venues in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah and teams will play a group stage before going into a knock out finals. The final itself will take place on November 10th. The list of players is fantastic, every top cricketer from around the world will be involved. Matches on Sky are either 11am or 3pm. My tip for the winner is Rajasthan Royals, you heard it here first ?

• Like 1

I've got a confession to make, I loved watching Warner captain the Sunrisers, winning the tournament in 2016. I can't t stand the arrogant Aussie swine in green and gold, but his performances for Sunrises have been superb, I really warmed to the cheating git. 

Its a great tournament, decent times for UK viewers also, the Sunday double headers, great stuff. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Riversider28 said:

The result may show Lancs won easily, but I’m sure it would have been different if the Yorkies had been able to field a full strength side. Our fielding was atrocious and it was only an Aussie type collapse that restricted the Puddings score.

The win should ensure we progress through to the knock out stage, but I think it will be a much more difficult game in the return on Thursday.

Lancs were unbelievable sloppy at times last night. In the field early on, and throwing daft early wickets away needlessly when batting. What Vilas was doing when he ran out Croft is anyone's guess, though it was predicted uncannily just a ball earlier by Graham Onions in the commentary box!

We won't get away with that sort of sloppiness in the knockout stages.

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Gav said:

I've got a confession to make, I loved watching Warner captain the Sunrisers, winning the tournament in 2016. I can't t stand the arrogant Aussie swine in green and gold, but his performances for Sunrises have been superb, I really warmed to the cheating git. 

Its a great tournament, decent times for UK viewers also, the Sunday double headers, great stuff. 

I feel exactly the same about Warner, Smith too, when they wear the baggy greens. However, again like you, I love watching them play in the IPL and The Big Bash. I follow The Melbourne Stars, simply because my son lives there, but I blank out of my mind that the likes of Stoinis and Maxwell play for them because they are such explosive batters and bowlers and the games usually go right down to the wire. Bring it on ?

• Like 1

• Backroom
10 minutes ago, gumboots said:

You think you've got it bad. At the weekend, Rovers,Sale Sharks,FCLorient and Clitheŕoe all lost. ?

?? You win!

Sale were big favorites too. After a bit of research I confidently put them in my Sunday ACCA. 

They weren't the only to team to let me down that day. (Bloody Spurs BTTS for starters).