BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

3 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Disgraceful that Sky are not showing The Bob Willis Trophy final next week and are instead showing the corrupt Indian baseball. Sadly Sky's cricket content and quality of coverage is declining sharply from what it once was.

I disagree on IPL, its a great tournament, superb spectacle with the best players in the world all coming together, absolutely love it. 

But I do agree on Sky declining and not just on cricket.

They could do a lot more with the cricket, show more games across all formats, but they don't seem interested. The NBA was never off the Tv until it went into the playoffs, then matches were few and far between, same with rugby league home and NRL, sporadic at best, really poor.

35 minutes ago, Gav said:

I disagree on IPL, its a great tournament, superb spectacle with the best players in the world all coming together, absolutely love it. 

But I do agree on Sky declining and not just on cricket.

They could do a lot more with the cricket, show more games across all formats, but they don't seem interested. The NBA was never off the Tv until it went into the playoffs, then matches were few and far between, same with rugby league home and NRL, sporadic at best, really poor.

The only sport that Sky seems really interested in now is Premier League football because they know that they have overpaid for it again.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Not just in Cricket either.

Liverpool v Milan in 2005 ... off to bed at halftime :rolleyes:

Even in the past week. Sunday I’d given up on England winning. Won. On Wednesday thought wasn’t a cat in hells chance of England losing at 70/5. Lost. Then yesterday when root was putting us to all parts 115/1 I’d lost hope. Won

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Lancashire V Sussex at 1pm today in T20 Blast quarter finals.

Weather looks ok at the moment and I believe it’s live online. 

I'll watch the first hour Gav then I've got a bloody meeting so will have to catch up later. Could go either way this one (I suppose that goes for any T20 game really though) but Sussex come into it with a bit of form, unlike us. Once we'd qualified we never turned up.

• Like 1

Brilliant win for Lancs. Did well to get 140-8 after a poor start. The bowlers really came through, especially Livingstone 4-23 and Parky 3-9. We’ve got as good a chance as anyone in the Finals this Saturday, although the weather looks likely to put an end to much, if any action. I assume they have got a reserve day on Sunday. Let’s hope we can do it. 

• Like 2

Lancs miss out in the truncated T20 Blast finals today. We lost in the semis to Notts and after a good start, we lost our way towards the end of the 11 over a side game. No boundaries in the last 17 balls meant we ended on 94-4. 
Notts were a little off the pace thanks to some tight bowling by Parky, 2-12, until Dan Christian came in and knocked four 6’s in a row to give them a 5 wicket win. 
Notts then went on to beat Surrey in the 16 over a side final by 6 wickets. 

26 minutes ago, Riversider28 said:

Lancs miss out in the truncated T20 Blast finals today. We lost in the semis to Notts and after a good start, we lost our way towards the end of the 11 over a side game. No boundaries in the last 17 balls meant we ended on 94-4. 
Notts were a little off the pace thanks to some tight bowling by Parky, 2-12, until Dan Christian came in and knocked four 6’s in a row to give them a 5 wicket win. 
Notts then went on to beat Surrey in the 16 over a side final by 6 wickets. 

Thought the captain got a couple of big things wrong today but it was just even more of a slog-fest than usual.