BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Can't agree there B&WR.

What would happen if he knicked it onto his pad and it wasn't picked up, and he was given LBW!

This is a typical beat up from Aussie tabloid TV. They're fishing for something that isn't there, IMO.

Possibly just covered the outside edge? Who knows? You wouldn't put it past Pietersen though.

If you want to have a discussion about morals and ethics, and cheats and hypocrites in connection with the India team, I'm more than happy to oblige.

Please do.

Possibly just covered the outside edge? Who knows? You wouldn't put it past Pietersen though.

Please do.

OK, for starters look at this list of cheats below, the majority Indian or Pakistani with one minor English county player.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cricketers_banned_for_match_fixing

I await your comments.

OK, for starters look at this list of cheats below, the majority Indian or Pakistani with one minor English county player.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cricketers_banned_for_match_fixing

I await your comments.

How many of them currently play for the India team? In the past 20 years, only one player, Azharuddin, was convicted but later overturned.

Majority of those players have never played a single game for the India team.

Do continue...

Amit Yadav: India T20 international, Mohnish Mishra: India U-19 international, Mohammad Azharuddin: India international, TP Sudhindra: IPL player, Ajay Sharma: India international, Manoj Prabhakar: India international, Ajay Jadeja: India international

A list of shame showing the most corrupt nation in world cricket. A list that contains not one England player. Yet you accuse England of being "cheats and hypocrites" with no morals or ethics. You need to take a good look at yourself.

• Backroom

Amit Yadav: India T20 international, Mohnish Mishra: India U-19 international, Mohammad Azharuddin: India international, TP Sudhindra: IPL player, Ajay Sharma: India international, Manoj Prabhakar: India international, Ajay Jadeja: India international

A list of shame showing the most corrupt nation in world cricket. A list that contains not one England player. Yet you accuse England of being "cheats and hypocrites" with no morals or ethics. You need to take a good look at yourself.

Get off your high horse and stop suggesting people 'should' support particular teams. Take a good look at yourself.

Get off your high horse and stop suggesting people 'should' support particular teams. Take a good look at yourself.

England have been accused of "cheating" by an India supporter when it is India that are the biggest cheats in world cricket. You've contributed nothing on here except make silly comments - clear off.

KP has categorically denied siliconing his bat.

Anyway, theres a test coming up in a couple of days.....any ideas on team changes, weather, tictacs etc?

Weather looks OK in Durham, possibility of showers Sunday / Monday. I'll be there Saturday - looking forward to it.

KP has categorically denied siliconing his bat.

Anyway, theres a test coming up in a couple of days.....any ideas on team changes, weather, tictacs etc?

Harris will probably be rested and young Jackson Bird will come in to replace him. Watson may get one more chance.

Boycott and Botham have both rated Siddle highly on the commentary I've listened to but what would they know :lol:

Edited by pg

I think you are probably right,pg.

A step too far for Bird at this stage? Maybe, but you never know, Aus has always produced some unknowns.

As for Watson, I think he's had his chance.

Siddle, he's this generations "Merve"

So, according to you, Pietersen is no different to me in "transferring' allegiance to another country, except, he did it for money; I did it because I enjoyed living here.

John, Id suggest that you stick to writing about Maggie Thatcher (see Thenodrogs sig) and how Dwight Yorke was going to be the saviour of BRFC, and taking murdoch's 30 pieces of silver.

I note that the first part of this post was not replied to.

Come on John, what's the difference?

Boycott and Botham have both rated Siddle highly on the commentary I've listened to but what would they know :lol:

He's a really good bowler, thought he looked impressive back in 2009 and he looks even better now. He's one of those bowlers who looks like he really enjoys bowling, enjoys the challenge and he is a real workhorse. 166 wickets at 28.15 is very good.

The Aussie bowling attack looks good and has the potential to get better as they are still pretty young. The only question mark would be the spinner, I'm not sure Lyon is the long term answer. Whoever the spin option is they have humongous boots to fill, when you had in my opinion the greatest bowler of all time it's not going to be easy to fill that void.

Edited by RibbleValleyRover

You can't replace the likes of Warne and to a lesser extent McGrath.

They were once in a generation bowlers and at the same time a renowned combination.

I agree you can't. But whoever the spin bowler is going to be they will have this looming pressure over them until you find someone competent enough, look how many spinners they have tested and discarded since Warne retired. If they think Lyon is the answer they need to find a way to ease the pressure off a bit and give the player the time and tools to improve.

Edited by RibbleValleyRover

• Backroom

England have been accused of "cheating" by an India supporter when it is India that are the biggest cheats in world cricket. You've contributed nothing on here except make silly comments - clear off.

Pointing out your hypocrisy is only silly to you.

Btw, you may want to revise your view that India are the biggest cheats in cricket. They aren't. Indian cricketers are but do these players ever make the India team (which is the point being made)? Nope.

Try again darling.

Warne writing in the DT today has accused England's players of being "smug and arrogant". Oh the irony, the irony.....

Played 3 tests. Lost none and retained the ashes in the shortest possible time against what is normally an extremely arrogant and belligerent opponent. Small wonder is it?

It'll swing around of course cos it always and when it does maybe those words will come back to haunt him.

Still I know nowt about cricket so I might be well wrong of course.

Beautiful ground and beautiful scenery.

Yes it is. Durham's a lovely town. Lumley Castle overlooking the ground is where Watson was famously "spooked" by the castle ghost in 2005.

Edited by jim mk2