BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Well that was predictable...sadly.

However, The longer the test series goes on the more optimistic I've become about the upcoming home series. There are huge cracks in the England line-up but you've been saved by

1) Ian Bell
2) Our batting incompetence

Factor 2) becomes less of an issue on home soil.

We might even win a test at home :lol:

Edited by pg

Listen when we defeat the old enemy it's something FOR US to celebrate and the Aussies will tell you the same. You have no interest other than envy and bitterness and you choose to contribute nothing other than windups and churlish criticism. So if I promise not to comment on the normal cheatfest that occurrs whenever your lot play Pakistan will you not just bugger off and keep your own council?

Remember after what the Venkymob have done to BRFC and it's supporters your nation of origin is hardly flavour of the month around these parts is it?

This whole topic is blatantly a platform for him to spout his anti-England vitriol. He created the topic and has dominated it throughout. Why, because he's a lover of cricket no matter who's playing? Doubtful or else every post wouldn't be dripping with negativity and bitterness. He's successfully tainted the discussion on here of an entire Ashes series. It should have been about England and Australia, instead its been about DRS and Stuart Broad not walking one time.

• Like 1

This whole topic is blatantly a platform for him to spout his anti-England vitriol. He created the topic and has dominated it throughout. Why, because he's a lover of cricket no matter who's playing? Doubtful or else every post wouldn't be dripping with negativity and bitterness. He's successfully tainted the discussion on here of an entire Ashes series. It should have been about England and Australia, instead its been about DRS and Stuart Broad not walking one time.

I hate the England cricket team, however I am cricket fan and I have contributed very fairly to the Ashes debate. It's a shame you have those tinted glasses on.

Maybe you should read the cricket column more often in the National Press. Majority of the talk this Ashes series has been the use of DRS and when Broad didn't decide to walk (blatantly cheating). The cricket has not been spectacular by any stretch of the imagination. More so players playing poor shots or out of form. We saw a few genuine world class deliveries from Harris/Broad/Bresnan yesterday, other than that I struggle to see any genuine class in the whole series.

You don't have to take him seriously Steve. I'll have a bit of banter but I know he's not dealing from a full deck.

^_^ They're too serious this mob.

Likewise Cook, Trott and Pietersen for England. Broad's had better allround games for England because he's a better batsman than those two. And when he's in his pomp like yesterday he's also a better bowler.

Now fack off and let us enjoy our win.

I wouldn't say Cook is world class nor Pietersen. Pietersen is a game changer but one big innings every now and again will not make him world class. His weakness when it comes to playing spin also backs up my argument.

Like I said, enjoy the victory. I did when we whitewashed them :tu:

I hate the England cricket team, however I am cricket fan and I have contributed very fairly to the Ashes debate. It's a shame you have those tinted glasses on.

Maybe you should read the cricket column more often in the National Press. Majority of the talk this Ashes series has been the use of DRS and when Broad didn't decide to walk (blatantly cheating). The cricket has not been spectacular by any stretch of the imagination. More so players playing poor shots or out of form. We saw a few genuine world class deliveries from Harris/Broad/Bresnan yesterday, other than that I struggle to see any genuine class in the whole series.

The minute you start " hating " other teams you're no longer seeing things rationally, your judgment is coloured by your prejudices.

Listen when we defeat the old enemy it's something FOR US to celebrate and the Aussies will tell you the same. You have no interest other than envy and bitterness and you choose to contribute nothing other than windups and churlish criticism. So if I promise not to comment on the normal cheatfest that occurrs whenever your lot play Pakistan will you not just bugger off and keep your own council?

Remember after what the Venkymob have done to BRFC and it's supporters your nation of origin is hardly flavour of the month around these parts is it?

So you're saying because Venky's are Indian, the whole of our fan base hate ALL Indians? Wow. There's a reason you have a reputation around here.

Maybe we should all start hating the English/Norwegians/Scottish. After all, it was that nation of origin that led us to relegation and bottom half of the Championship. Or does it not work like that?

The minute you start " hating " other teams you're no longer seeing things rationally, your judgment is coloured by your prejudices.

Not at all, I think I have given a very fair account of myself on here re: the major talking points.

I wouldn't say Cook is world class nor Pietersen. Pietersen is a game changer but one big innings every now and again will not make him world class. His weakness when it comes to playing spin also backs up my argument.

Like I said, enjoy the victory. I did when we whitewashed them :tu:

It's very easy to rubbish your "argument".

Cook averages 48.1 in Test cricket, Pietersen 48.3.

Of India's so-called "world class" (your words) batsmen Sehwag and Dravid's Test averages are better at around the 50 mark but Ganguly, Laxman, Dhoni, Ghambir at 42.1, 45.9, 39.7 and 44.1 respectively are significantly worse.

Only batsmen of the highest class have Test averages in the high 40s or more.

So Not at all, I think I have given a very fair account of myself on here re: the major talking points.

You've admitted to "hating" the England cricket team and labelled them "cheats" when it's been pointed out to you more than once with proven facts that the Indians are the biggest cheats in world cricket. You're not fair. Some people would say you're prejudiced.

It's very easy to rubbish your "argument".

Cook averages 48.1 in Test cricket, Pietersen 48.3.

Of India's so-called "world class" (your words) batsmen Sehwag and Dravid's Test averages are better at around the 50 mark but Ganguly, Laxman, Dhoni, Ghambir at 42.1, 45.9, 39.7 and 44.1 respectively are significantly worse.

Only batsmen of the highest class have Test averages in the high 40s or more.

Statistics only tell one side of a story. In Laxman's case, the story is, if anything, even more incomplete. Numbers can never capture the elegance of his batting or the joy of his magical wristwork. The same applies to Ganguly. Dhoni is very aggressive and very much like Pietersen, however his brilliant captaincy makes him world class.

• Backroom

I have to ask WHY is Broad not walking considered cheating? It appears more like waiting for the Umpire to make a decision. Unsportsmanlike, perhaps, but cheating? Unless there's something I'm missing?

You've admitted to "hating" the England cricket team and labelled them "cheats" when it's been pointed out to you more than once with proven facts that the Indians are the biggest cheats in world cricket. You're not fair. Some people would say you're prejudiced.

Nonsense. I support the England football team and have travelled across the globe to watch them. Not prejudice at all.

I have to ask WHY is Broad not walking considered cheating? It appears more like waiting for the Umpire to make a decision. Unsportsmanlike, perhaps, but cheating? Unless there's something I'm missing?

Ask Swann what he thought of the Sri Lankan batsman that didn't walk. He called him a cheat. Same thing happened with Broad. I am just using Swann's phrase to describe his team mate.

This is the article if you missed it:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-2116812/Graeme-Swann-blast-Sri-Lankan-cheat.html

Edit: He says "The thing that annoyed me was that the batsman stood there knowing 100 per cent he was out but chose to cheat."

Edited by Blue n White Rover

Statistics only tell one side of a story. In Laxman's case, the story is, if anything, even more incomplete. Numbers can never capture the elegance of his batting or the joy of his magical wristwork. The same applies to Ganguly. Dhoni is very aggressive and very much like Pietersen, however his brilliant captaincy makes him world class.

I enjoy watching the way Cook plays the cut shot and in particular the ball off his legs, which is one of the most difficult shots to play. He's probably the best batsmen in world cricket on leg stump because anything pitched in that area usually goes for a boundary. Trott is a lovely batsman to watch when he is on form. Both are players out of the top drawer. "World class" is in the eyes of the beholder - you only see "world class" when it is wearing an India cap.

I enjoy watching the way Cook plays the cut shot and in particular the ball off his legs, which is one of the most difficult shots to play. He's probably the best batsmen in world cricket on leg stump because anything pitched in that area usually goes for a boundary. Trott is a lovely batsman to watch when he is on form. Both are players out of the top drawer. "World class" is in the eyes of the beholder - you only see "world class" when it is wearing an India cap.

All 3 batsmen are a joy to watch when they're are on form, but that is the case with any batsmen in the world. However, that doesn't make them world class. Out of the 3, I probably enjoy watching Cook. His technique as you said is fabulous, however he tends to disappear in the big matches. His captaincy is very negative and I feel the added pressure of the captaincy has hindered his performances recently. I can't remember the last time he made a century. This in turn, has led to the downfall of Root. If Cook is out, then more pressure is added to the youngster to score big.

All 3 batsmen are a joy to watch when they're are on form, but that is the case with any batsmen in the world. However, that doesn't make them world class. Out of the 3, I probably enjoy watching Cook. His technique as you said is fabulous, however he tends to disappear in the big matches. His captaincy is very negative and I feel the added pressure of the captaincy has hindered his performances recently. I can't remember the last time he made a century. This in turn, has led to the downfall of Root. If Cook is out, then more pressure is added to the youngster to score big.

So why are your favourite players (who just happen to be Indian) "world-class" when others (who just happen to be English) are not ? Unless you are prejudiced of course.

From wikipaedia: Cook took over as permanent England captain for the Test series against India in the winter of 2012. In each of the first three Tests – the first a defeat and the second a ten-wicket victory – he scored a century. This, together with a century in each of two Tests in Bangladesh when he was captain, gave Cook five centuries in five Tests as captain, a record number. His scores on the tour also included 119 and 97 in the warm-up matches.

The ten-wicket victory in the second Test was lauded by the media as one of England's greatest victories, and Cook's run of hundreds brought him level with the English Test record for most centuries. On 6 December 2012, Cook became England's leading scorer of centuries after making a hundred against India in Kolkata.

On 7 December 2012 he captained England to its first Test series victory on Indian soil since 1984–85, as well as overtaking Mike Gatting as England's highest ever run scorer in India.

It seems Cook likes playing against India - is that why you don't like him ? As for cliched "negative" captaincy stuff I'll take negative over positive any day in view of England's success under him.

By his standards he's played poorly this series but he's had dips in form before and come back stronger.

Guest Norbert

Cook is in poor form, and can be a cautious captain, but he is a top player, and is nowhere near as negative as Hussain or Strauss.

Our batting line up needs a few changes, and we need a new wicket keeper, but we're a good team, as someone is always there to get us out of jail.

As for the last teast, I missed all the action as I turned over from TMS when Australia were 130/2 or something like that. I do hope this isn't used to paper over the cracks and stop the selectors from making the changes. for the winter.

Edited by Norbert

Cook is in poor form, and can be a cautious captain, but he is a top player, and is nowhere near as negative as Hussain or Strauss.

Our batting line up needs a few changes, and we need a new wicket keeper, but we're a good team, as someone is always there to get us out of jail.

As for the last teast, I missed all the action as I turned over from TMS when Australia were 130/2 or something like that. I do hope this isn't used to paper over the cracks and stop the selectors from making the changes. for the winter.

Its a tough call, because theres a lot of the top order out of form, but as the saying goes form is temporary. Theres few of the English team who can say they have performed consistently well in the 4 games. Maybe the management should tell those under-performers their places are at risk if they dont perform in the final test, or give some of the possible replacements a game in the final test to prove their worth?

So why are your favourite players (who just happen to be Indian) "world-class" when others (who just happen to be English) are not ? Unless you are prejudiced of course.

We were talking about India, so I mentioned the world-class Indian batsmen. At no point did I say they were my favourite players.

Clarke, Waugh brothers, Lara, Sangakara, Chanderpaul, etc are just a few of my favourites that are non-Indian. No prejudice at all, just a silly accusation you have in your head.

About Cook, his negativity against a better opposition would have been punished. It's just a crying shame that Australia aren't the force they used to be. A better batting line-up and no cheating from the England camp, and the scores would be a lot closer than 3-0. But hey, no point crying over it. You won and if you feel it is morally and ethically correct to celebrate a victory in those circumstances, then who am I to judge? Celebrate.

Anyone suggesting that Cook, Trott and KP aren't world class needs their head testing. Anyone with the averages that these guys have is world class. You also have to factor in that in England you don't get many flat track wickets, unlike in the Asian Subcontinent where you often see flat track wickets which has inflated the averages of some players.

3-0, 4-0? I don't really care, we have won the Ashes and that is all that matters.

I also very much enjoyed the winter, dominating India in the second and third test to win the series.

We were talking about India, so I mentioned the world-class Indian batsmen. At no point did I say they were my favourite players.

Clarke, Waugh brothers, Lara, Sangakara, Chanderpaul, etc are just a few of my favourites that are non-Indian. No prejudice at all, just a silly accusation you have in your head.

About Cook, his negativity against a better opposition would have been punished. It's just a crying shame that Australia aren't the force they used to be. A better batting line-up and no cheating from the England camp, and the scores would be a lot closer than 3-0. But hey, no point crying over it. You won and if you feel it is morally and ethically correct to celebrate a victory in those circumstances, then who am I to judge? Celebrate.

In view of your country's record on proven cheating (rather than your own view of cheating) you are in no position to judge.

Meanwhile I'm sitting in the sunshine enjoying another glass of Ashes ale. Lovely.

Anyone suggesting that Cook, Trott and KP aren't world class needs their head testing. Anyone with the averages that these guys have is world class. You also have to factor in that in England you don't get many flat track wickets, unlike in the Asian Subcontinent where you often see flat track wickets which has inflated the averages of some players.

3-0, 4-0? I don't really care, we have won the Ashes and that is all that matters.

I also very much enjoyed the winter, dominating India in the second and third test to win the series.

Kamy, the India you faced at the time was very unbalanced. There were a lot of players who were towards the latter end of their careers. The new look India has a much more vibrant and enthusiastic look about them and we saw that when they dominated the ICC Champions Trophy. I am very confident that we will be returning to the top of the rankings in ALL forms of the game.

In view of your country's record on proven cheating (rather than your own view of cheating) you are in no position to judge.

Meanwhile I'm sitting in the sunshine enjoying another glass of Ashes ale. Lovely.

It was also the view of your prized-asset, Swann.

Jim take my new stance .. Ignore him and don't respond to pond life.

Still waiting, darling. ^_^

Kamy, the India you faced at the time was very unbalanced. There were a lot of players who were towards the latter end of their careers. The new look India has a much more vibrant and enthusiastic look about them and we saw that when they dominated the ICC Champions Trophy. I am very confident that we will be returning to the top of the rankings in ALL forms of the game.

It was also the view of your prized-asset, Swann.

Still waiting, darling. ^_^

Whats it like living in cloud cuckoo land dear?