BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Back to the cricket. I see Tim Bresnan is out of the series with a stress fracture of the back. He'll be badly missed, , you could rely on him to get the odd vital wicket or play a gutsy innings at key times. We can replace his bowling ( Tremlett, Finn, Onions ) but not his around ability.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Back to the cricket. I see Tim Bresnan is out of the series with a stress fracture of the back. He'll be badly missed, , you could rely on him to get the odd vital wicket or play a gutsy innings at key times. We can replace his bowling ( Tremlett, Finn, Onions ) but not his around ability.

Thought he was key for you winning the last test match. Took a crucial wicket when it seemed as though Australia were running away with it. Also contributed a healthy 40+ which came in very handy. Will be a miss for England as bowling has not been the issue. Runs have been hard to come by and losing Bresnan will weaken the tail, which has wagged quite often this series, for both sides.

Shame as Bresnan does seem to have a lot of injury problems - he's only just recovered from a bad elbow injury. Hopefully he'll be Ok for the visit to the land of dust and flies this winter.

I expect Tremlett to come in. He's another injury-prone player but is a very good bowler who gets good bounce on hard pitches and did well on the previous tour.

"There are a few things that could be looked at but I don't think it's a bad system at the moment.

"We should straighten out the rules and get clarity with how it should work and how decisions are going to be made, then the players or the spectators won't have a problem."

Thats hardly a savaging of DRS is it?

So trotts a racist now ? I do hope someone sends this to his lawyers.

According to some people on this MB I'm a racist for wanting DRS to change. Now Trott has said the same thing as I have been saying all series, so it must make him a racist if we're applying the same logic, right?

"There are a few things that could be looked at but I don't think it's a bad system at the moment.

"We should straighten out the rules and get clarity with how it should work and how decisions are going to be made, then the players or the spectators won't have a problem."

Thats hardly a savaging of DRS is it?

I've said all along, the system right now is a joke. There is too much controversy surrounding the system and therefore it needs to be scrapped or drastic changes need to be made to it.

The system has been one of the main talking points of one of the greatest battles in Test cricket and that is what irritates me. It shouldn't be a talking point and take the attention away from the game itself.

Its not a joke in its current format, its just not brilliant.

I think the suggestion of the umpires deciding when to use it is the best, so they can look at close lbw calls, check catches etc. it still wont be 100%, but its better than tests being decided on poor calls.

Its not a joke in its current format, its just not brilliant.

I think the suggestion of the umpires deciding when to use it is the best, so they can look at close lbw calls, check catches etc. it still wont be 100%, but its better than tests being decided on poor calls.

The quality of umpiring decisions will also decline due to DRS. It has taken the pressure away from them. If the decision is tight, they can give it out knowing full well the batsmen will review.

Ultimately DRS is used as the scapegoat and umpires are getting away with poor calls. In turn, I believe it will result in less quality umpires.

The quality of umpiring decisions will also decline due to DRS. It has taken the pressure away from them. If the decision is tight, they can give it out knowing full well the batsmen will review.

Ultimately DRS is used as the scapegoat and umpires are getting away with poor calls. In turn, I believe it will result in less quality umpires.

Different argument, however as long as the correct decision is given I dont see the problem.

If its the umpires decision to check, rather than each side having 2 reviews, like in rugby, where referees often check the grounding of the ball / or if the winger was in or out of touch before touching the ball down, so the correct decision is given.

Good to see Lancashire spinner Simon Kerrigan called up for the 5th Test squad. Woakes too, replacing the injured and perennially unlucky Onions. Presumably Tremlett will replace the injured Bresnan in an otherwise unchanged starting XI.

According to some people on this MB I'm a racist for wanting DRS to change. Now Trott has said the same thing as I have been saying all series, so it must make him a racist if we're applying the same logic, right?

I shant comment on your opoinion of Trott but you need to toughen up, grow up and man up and not be so touchy BWR. I dont know enough about cricket to give an opinion whether you are right or wrong but you should comfort yourself that 'Right is might' as they say. I'm quite different to you as I don't go throwing the racist card around willy nilly... thats for the weak minded imo, but according to more than a few on here I've been a 'snidey rascist' for over a decade now. Simply for suggesting a fire in a Blackburn building was decidedly dodgy and that a mosque would end up on the site pdq. I got sh1t from many sources and banned from posting for three months on the back of that too. For some reason if the word 'racism' is mentioned the weaker minded amongst us scatter like frightened mice. Dont know if you can recall the fire but if it helps it was on the where that effin big mosque on Leamington Road now stands.

Oh and dont expect an apology if you are proven right cos you'll be waiting a long time.

Edited by thenodrog

Good to see Lancashire spinner Simon Kerrigan called up for the 5th Test squad. Woakes too, replacing the injured and perennially unlucky Onions. Presumably Tremlett will replace the injured Bresnan in an otherwise unchanged starting XI.

Too early for Kerrigan for my money.

Guest Norbert

DRS should be used like the replays in rugby league/union. The umpire should use it if they are not sure, and if there was a situation like the last match when a batsman did not edge it, but was then LBW, they should be out. The 3rd umpire should be able to add that in their message to the umpire.

I think that is pretty much what neekoy said.

I shant comment on your opoinion of Trott but you need to toughen up, grow up and man up and not be so touchy BWR. I dont know enough about cricket to give an opinion whether you are right or wrong but you should comfort yourself that 'Right is might' as they say. I'm quite different to you as I don't go throwing the racist card around willy nilly... thats for the weak minded imo, but according to more than a few on here I've been a 'snidey rascist' for over a decade now. Simply for suggesting a fire in a Blackburn building was decidedly dodgy and that a mosque would end up on the site pdq. I got sh1t from many sources and banned from posting for three months on the back of that too. For some reason if the word 'racism' is mentioned the weaker minded amongst us scatter like frightened mice. Dont know if you can recall the fire but if it helps it was on the where that effin big mosque on Leamington Road now stands.

Oh and dont expect an apology if you are proven right cos you'll be waiting a long time.

I used to live on Leamington Rd and I do recall that fire. I know the owners of that building very well and the assumptions you have made could not be more incorrect.

With regards to throwing the racist card about, I was merely pointing out what Trott had said (which coincides with my opinion). The touchy ones on this MB have accused me of being a racist, not the other way round. My point was, if I am classed as a racist for wanting DRS to change/removed, then surely Trott must be too?

Look at this racist who wants a change to the DRS system. Trott saying exactly what I have been saying all series.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/23740120

You really are incredibly immature.

I'm the only person who mentioned the word racist, and the only context I mentioned it in was saying your 30 pages of relentless anti-England posts could be interpreted as being racist. I then immediately went on to say I didn't think they were, just the bitter sulking of someone who rather be bigging up India than celebrating the Ashes.

So basically it was nothing to do with DRS and I didn't even call you it. Nobody else has mentioned it full stop. So stop talking rubbish.

I used to live on Leamington Rd and I do recall that fire. I know the owners of that building very well and the assumptions you have made could not be more incorrect.

Well silly me for suspecting anything untoward. Turned out exactly as my prediction though made whilst it was still smouldering.

Anyway if you know the owners you may as well enquire how a madrassa or whatever was sited on the 3rd floor and over a fabric warehouse which in turn was over a working garage without adequate fire precautions? I'm sure the Fire Brigade would never have sanctioned that situation nor either planning or the education authorities either. Were those owners ever prosecuted do you know?

Well silly me for suspecting anything untoward. Turned out exactly as my prediction though made whilst it was still smouldering.

Anyway if you know the owners you may as well enquire how a madrassa or whatever was sited on the 3rd floor and over a fabric warehouse which in turn was over a working garage without adequate fire precautions? I'm sure the Fire Brigade would never have sanctioned that situation nor either planning or the education authorities either. Were those owners ever prosecuted do you know?

The insurance paid out, if it wasn't sanctioned by the fire brigade or if appropriate measures were not in place the policy would have been void. Moving on.

No Broad, it does not make you 'unpleasant' it makes you a blatant cheating scum.

http://gu.com/p/3t5z6/tw

Edited by Blue n White Rover

The insurance paid out, if it wasn't sanctioned by the fire brigade or if appropriate measures were not in place the policy would have been void. Moving on.

No Broad, it does not make you 'unpleasant' it makes you a blatant cheating scum.

http://gu.com/p/3t5z6/tw

A disgraceful comment that you make there BWR.

Having a bit of a stinker Kerrigan at the moment, needs to settle down. Mind you its not the easiest start to your test career bowling at their second best batsmen when he's already on a hundred.

I see Lehman's putting the boot in on Broad, already trying to get the Aussie public to abuse him in the next series. Nice bloke eh, and not hypocritical in the slightest. Reminds me of a famous Atherton sledge:

Ian Healy: “You're a ******* cheat.”

Mike Atherton: “When in Rome dear boy”

Lehman admits to never walking and then accuses Broad of cheating. Irony hasn't reached the outback obviously. I don't like Lehman but then I don't like any of that lot. In the words of Keggle Keggle I would absolutely love it if Broad shoves Lehman's words back down his throat this winter.

I wouldn't have played Woakes or Kerrigan - on today's viewing neither look ready for Test cricket yet. With the return series only a few months away it's important we end the series on a high note and win this game.

Can't see Broad being much bothered. He doesn't see the type to get rattled by Aussies. They must be worried because as a pal of mine once said " They never bother booing a bad 'un ".

I agree about the two new guys, it's at least a season too soon for both of them. Also playing the two of them in the same game is madness. I don't know what the selectors were thinking of.